Not open for further replies.

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Increased the bgm size

Also I'd like to clearify that lolicon themes are illegal in the netherlands, so any of these kind of themes will be removed (unless I migrate the site into somewhere else but nah)

Last edited by erman1337,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Increased the bgm size

Also I'd like to clearify that lolicon themes are illegal in the netherlands, so any of these kind of themes will be removed (unless I migrate the site into somewhere else but nah)
hah i reported that. glad to see you're on top of these things.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you that don't know, to access the NSFW themes, you need to make an account and login every time to view/unlock them.

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Increased the bgm size

The WAV file should be at a minimum 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit in quality and have stereo sound [This is a standard to prevent garbled sound]
The max file size of the bcstm must be 3.371.008 bytes (or 3.3MB)

EDIT: The best way to lower a BCSTM's file size is to decompress the file to a WAV (or whatever audio format), lower the audio quality (which you CAN do by changing the sample rate, but then you'd have to manually recalculate the loop points, if the audio loops (which it should)), then compress the new audio back into BCSTM. If it's still too big, repeat until it works. Experiment a bit if you have to.

Last edited by bunny365,

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bunny365 isn't that an estimate?
No. It's an exact size. Trying to write anything bigger than that causes the BCSTM stored in the Home Menu Extdata to be truncated. Luckily, the end of the file is only the audio data, so all that happens is that the audio can mess up a bit on the end of the loop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didn't actually know any of my themes classified as lolicon
gg

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luckily, the end of the file is only the audio data, so all that happens is that the audio can mess up a bit on the end of the loop.

That's exactly what happens with my S;G theme, but I don't mind, at least it works. And it wasn't a perfect loop anyway

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what happens with my S;G theme, but I don't mind, at least it works. And it wasn't a perfect loop anyway
I edited my recent post above with how to make the file size smaller. I actually used that method on my Rawk Hawk theme. :P
EDIT: Maybe Erman could make the uploader autoshrink the file by lowering the quality, like I said above? :P (Just make sure you'd warn the user first.)

Last edited by bunny365,

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I edited my recent post above with how to make the file size smaller. I actually used that method on my Rawk Hawk theme. [emoji14]
EDIT: Maybe Erman could make the uploader autoshrink the file by lowering the quality, like I said above? [emoji14] (Just make sure you'd warn the user first.)
No, anything but lowering the quality. I'd rather have one garbled second at the end than having a shitty song all the way through. Anything lower than 32000 sounds like crap when listened with headphones.

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, anything but lowering the quality. I'd rather have one garbled second at the end than having a shitty song all the way through. Anything lower than 32000 sounds like crap when listened with headphones.
But it's a 3DS. Why do you need epic sounding music on such crappy hardware? Regardless, could you just lower the volume?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS's sound hardware isn't that impressive. I use it for music (I don't use a smartphone for financial and convenience reasons) and it seems like the hardware can't sound any better than what 160kb/s AAC-LC (encoded with foobar200 with QAAC) is capable of, though I'm not really an audio enthusiast or have that great of hearing. I'm just saying the hardware isn't that great in the first place. Try lowering the quality a bit, chances are you won't notice anyway, due to the lower end hardware.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nevermind, I just found out why nsfw post were deleted :l, Would it still be lolicon if post a character from bleach "Yachiru", who's over 1000 yrs old but looks umm young?

Last edited by cooroxd,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...