Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The C-Stick is an enigma in how it's supposed to be used or why it's so high up on the system. Never understood it.

It's supposed to be in-line with the CPad, but the buttons are in the way, so that was the best place to put it without interfering with fast-action button pressing where you need to quickly alternate between X and Y.

This ideology can be proven by looking at how the original CirclePad Pro looks like, compared to how it got implemented on the new3DS.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Less regarding the app and more about what's required to get there, I've been having trouble with installing vJoy on Windows 10. I've done the usual, check if its already installed, removed all joysticks, but Setup still gets stuck on the installation. If there's nothing that can be done, how's that Xbox controller emulation going instead, if anywhere?
You can use my client if you have issues, it works as an xbox feeder, you only need to install ViGEm.

Reactions: Tsukiru

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to be in-line with the CPad, but the buttons are in the way, so that was the best place to put it without interfering with fast-action button pressing where you need to quickly alternate between X and Y.

This ideology can be proven by looking at how the original CirclePad Pro looks like, compared to how it got implemented on the new3DS.
Yeah I realized how there's not much of an option, especially that far into the 3ds' lifespan combined with... How the 3ds closes.

Reactions: Sono

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Very late to this, what happened to the project? Also, what alternative projects are there?
You can use netstick-3ds for using your console as a controller on Linux, and PinBox for using your console as a controller on Windows and seeing your PC screen on the console - tho latency in the Windows solution is quite bad iirc

There's no solution to play your games on Windows without having turned on your 3DS screen yet, and no way to stream your screen in Linux.

Reactions: link6155

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I can't find the 3DS CIA anywhere for this.. someone help plz.

Github page for 3DSController+ says 404 not found

The .cia files are at the bottom of the first post.

There is "Linux controller", which supports video streaming, but is not suitable for low-latency games.
"osu!Controller" doesn't support video streaming, alternative mode, and doesn't support Circle Pad either, but it has much lower latency and much higher sampling rate.

Reactions: ROMANREIGNS599

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .cia files are at the bottom of the first post.

There is "Linux controller", which supports video streaming, but is not suitable for low-latency games.
"osu!Controller" doesn't support video streaming, alternative mode, and doesn't support Circle Pad either, but it has much lower latency and much higher sampling rate.
Thanks for assisting, Sono. The osucontroller CIA is the one I need? It's name is PaintControllerRedo_min.cia. I'm on windows pc and it's next to Linux written like "[Linux controller] - [osu!Controller]" in the first page.

I'm just looking to use my 3DS as a controller, not streaming. What do you recommend?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks for assisting, Sono. The osucontroller CIA is the one I need? It's name is PaintControllerRedo_min.cia. I'm on windows pc and it's next to Linux written like "[Linux controller] - [osu!Controller]" in the first page.

I'm just looking to use my 3DS as a controller, not streaming. What do you recommend?

If you want to play rhyhtm games which require the lowest amount of latency, and don't require the Circle Pad, use "osu!Controller".
For everything else, use "Linux controller".

Ignore the names, it's just an old relic. Both are similarly fast in the versions I have uploaded.

You can also install both of them if you need both of them, they *do not* overwrite eachother.

Edit: only "Linux controller" works 100% with programs which turn the 3DS input into a virtual joystick (for example using vJoy). Not even my program works with "osu!Controller" for the vJoy adapter. "osu!Controller" is strictly desktop input only.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play rhyhtm games which require the lowest amount of latency, and don't require the Circle Pad, use "osu!Controller".
For everything else, use "Linux controller".

Ignore the names, it's just an old relic. Both are similarly fast in the versions I have uploaded.

You can also install both of them if you need both of them, they *do not* overwrite eachother.

Edit: only "Linux controller" works 100% with programs which turn the 3DS input into a virtual joystick (for example using vJoy). Not even my program works with "osu!Controller" for the vJoy adapter. "osu!Controller" is strictly desktop input only.
Thanks, I installed linux controller and configured vJoy like you said but Monitor vJoy just does not detect any input from my 3DS, not analogue nor any other. My linux controller app is open. Is it because I haven't edited my: client application's config (Linux: img1 | img2) ? The client application here is vJoy right? The images don't open for me.

I am on windows PC and want to use it including the analogue stick and c-stick btw

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks, I installed linux controller and configured vJoy like you said but Monitor vJoy just does not detect any input from my 3DS, not analogue nor any other. My linux controller app is open. Is it because I haven't edited my: client application's config (Linux: img1 | img2) ? The client application here is vJoy right? The images don't open for me.

I am on windows PC and want to use it including the analogue stick and c-stick btw

You have linked things which don't exist anymore.

vJoy does not have networking, it needs a "feeder" application.
For Windows there is the one linked in first post. The old one I've bundled got lost, I don't know where it is, so I can't re-upload that.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have linked things which don't exist anymore.

vJoy does not have networking, it needs a "feeder" application.
For Windows there is the one linked in first post. The old one I've bundled got lost, I don't know where it is, so I can't re-upload that.
Are you talking about "Open-source client for Windows by @Eveldee"? I tried it with that too by downloading the latest version and using it as said by the github page. For some reason, when I click connect it says wrong IP address (that I enter which is shown on my new 2DS xl's screen) first, and then clicking second time, it connects and closes

Last edited by ROMANREIGNS599,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Are you talking about "Open-source client for Windows by @Eveldee"? I tried it with that too by downloading the latest version and using it as said by the github page. For some reason, when I click connect it says wrong IP address (that I enter which is shown on my new 2DS xl's screen) first, and then clicking second time, it connects and closes

You enter it until the : character, right? Even my program doesn't accept anything past the : character.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You enter it until the : character, right? Even my program doesn't accept anything past the : character.
Uhh no, I also add colon.
Edit: Deleting colon and the next digits connected it apparently, the app stays up and I heard a sound from my PC. Dolphin is not recognizing any inputs tho :rofl: but thanks. What should I do next brotha?

Edit 2: I changed "Device" in dolphin to xbox 360's option and analogue works too even, I cannot thank you enough for this bro :toot::yay3ds:. If I get any issue, I will come back to you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-21 010906.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 010906.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 7

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Uhh no, I also add colon.
Edit: Deleting colon and the next digits connected it apparently, the app stays up and I heard a sound from my PC. Dolphin is not recognizing any inputs tho :rofl: but thanks. What should I do next brotha?

Configure it in vJoy configurator. Pretty sure by default it says 16 buttons with no analog, you need to change it to X, Y, Z, Z1, and 12 buttons.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configure it in vJoy configurator. Pretty sure by default it says 16 buttons with no analog, you need to change it to X, Y, Z, Z1, and 12 buttons.
See my edit bro :D. I edited it before seeing this reply of yours
Post automatically merged:

I'm playing Cuphead using 3DS as a controller thanks to you :p1ng:

Adnan_12349

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
How do you connect video streaming?

Is it possible to use video streaming on Eveldee.3DSCPlusViGEm?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How do you connect video streaming?

Is it possible to use video streaming on Eveldee.3DSCPlusViGEm?

Video streaming is fully independent.

I've written FileStreamer.exe to stream your screen or an .ogg file to the 3DS.

Video has to be 240x320 (it's 320x240 rotated to the right) Theora codec in .ogg container.
Frametime must be 280071/16756991 (~59.831225FPS) or slower, but it will be played back at ~59.831FPS regardless of the file's framerate.

Also note that old3DS doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream both keys and video, both will suffer in latency, delay, and stutter.
Also affects new3DS, but it's much less worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto