Hardware 3ds XL top screen protector

arapozo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to remove the top screen protector that sits in front of the lcd?
Recently it has gotten a couple of dust particles inside of it and is driving me insane.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can open it up by removing the screws that are covered up by the 4 rounded corner squares found around the top screen.

Nobody else has experienced this problem?

Of couse people experience this. People tend to just avoid doing anything that causes this in the first place like putting it in a lint filled pocket.

thumb_230_1.jpg

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20120802/231891/

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can open it up by removing the screws that are covered up by the 4 rounded corner squares found around the top screen.

Of couse people experience this. People tend to just avoid doing anything that causes this in the first place like putting it in a lint filled pocket.

thumb_230_1.jpg

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20120802/231891/

I just removed my top shell and replaced it and it's extremely hard to get back on correctly, It's sort of off and causes the edges to be a bit sharp.

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend you not to open up that area just to clean it, usually you'll end up with more dust inside than before, unless it's really that bad.

arapozo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I opened it and close it back again. The screen and the front are actually hold together so it would take some work to separate them.
That leaves me thinking how the hell does something get inside. Based also on the fact that I do not put this on my pockets or anywhere dusty enough.
I put one of those screen films on top and is less noticeable, if it gets where I can't stand it I'll sell it and buy an new one.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is glued together or it is held down by double sided film. If you end up removing too much of the adhesive, I can recommend you get this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WIQW3U/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This will allow you to rebond anything you need since it is normally used in cell phones and small electronics that are have things that are held together with this type of adhesive. You might have to find the EU equivalent seller on from amazon in your region though.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a can of compressed air and just try every possible area? If the dust got in there then there must be a way to push air through. Even if you can't get it out you might be able to push it to the side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum