3DS XL sells 200,000+ units (Japan) in two days! ~10,000 in UK.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 7,416
  • Replies 56

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is great... but I'm still on the fence about getting one of these... But I hope that Nintendo and the 3rd party developers start making games optimized for the XL's larger screens.
Actually it doesn't need to be optimized as the 3DS LL has the same 800x240 resolution.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for the one with the second analog stick :yay:
and the newer games better be made in a higher resolution :ninja:

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
As @Rydian say'd, the resolution of the 3DS XL is the same resolution as the 3DS.

So even if they tried to make a game with higher resolution it wouldn't work on the 3DS.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
There will never, ever be a model with a second analog slider.
Nintendo has already said that they wouldn't make other 3DS revisions, the XL is exactly the same as the 3DS just bigger. Remember the DSi XL? Same thing, it's just a DSi but bigger.
They're both alternatives.

The 3DS XL is going to be sold alongside the normal model and whichever you pick won't have any huge advantage over the other.
Releasing a model with two dual analog sliders would result in developers making games that actually requires them, as of now there isn't a single game out for the system that requires you to have the CPP. What about us with the standard model? We would all have to buy CPP's, rendering the standard model useless for those games.

Nintendo don't want to split the user base and piss on people for buying the normal 3DS, It's bad business and besides that the only reason to why the CPP exists in the first place is thanks to Capcom wanting it for Monster Hunter as a completely optional control scheme. The game is still 100% playable without it.
In RE:R you could use the touchscreen to control the in game camera for example. The only genre that would benefit from a second analog slider would be FPS's but even then you still have a touch screen that you can use.

The CPP is just a peripheral for those who play at home and aren't good at adapting to touchscreen controls whether it's with a stylus or thumb stylus.
It's a completely unnecessary item, and Nintendo won't ever develop a single game that will use it unless it's for left handed controls.

And about the bigger resolution...
Resolution means the amount of pixels displayed on screen, no matter how big the screen is the resolution remains the same on a 3DS.
The XL has the same resolution as the standard 3DS in order to display the games properly.
A bigger resolution would render regular 3DS games with tons of graphical glitches and making newer games in a bigger resolution would render those games unplayable on the standard 3DS or 3DS XL. Again this would be extremely bad business for Nintendo.

Don't wait and get one now if you really want one cuz none of the things you said will happen. That is unless you wait another 5-6 years for the successor which will probably be backwards compatible.

Reactions: 3 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If Nintendo launched the console with a twin stick, early adopters will (indirectly) get fucked again. Do you think Nintendo wants that?

I'll import one console. The more I hear about it the more I want that thing. White looks gorgeous, especially without that black border. However I worry that you will be distracted by the full white system.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
You've been on these forums. People use sales numbers as a death sentence, especially when they're used in this fashion. I mean, every sales number you post compares sales to the Vita, despite the fact that the comparisons are totally unnecessary and only serve to feed people who think in the aforementioned fashion. Just something to think about. In the future, you should really consider cutting out the comparisons to Vita sales. These threads degrade into console wars fast enough on their own. Feeding into it with the first post is rather unnecessary.

As for Type-0, the easiest paths would be keeping it on Sony consoles and either releasing it on the PS3 as a PSP remaster, which would be an easy way to localize it to a system that would benefit from the title, or localizing it for the PSP, which wouldn't be as smart due to the known issues the PSP has had in the west since it released. If anything, I'd guess it just because it seems like SE likes to release their bigger FF titles on Sony consoles ever since the days of the PS1. We haven't seen a new, big FF title on a Nintendo system since the SNES. Of course, the 3DS could potentially change that, but it just seems like SE likes Sony more for FF.
You're complaining about something that isn't even a problem. Prior to your post, there have been no 3DS vs. Vita arguments. Like I already said, the numbers are there "to put this to scale". It helps users who don't follow sales understand how well the 3DS is doing.

Why do you even care if users write off the Vita this early? Not everybody has as much faith in the console as you.

As for Type-0, they could just as easily remaster it for the 360 or Wii U.

Square Enix doesn't "like" Sony more. They're a business and they go where the money is.

The reason there hasn't been a mainline FF game since the SNES (arguably there has, FFIII on the DS since that wasn't localized) is not because of any bias but rather because,
N64 - Cartridge Space
Gamecube - Low sales, mini-disc space limitations
Wii - Large power gap between other consoles

I don't even have to mention the fact that XIII and XIII-2 were on the 360 too.

Type-0 isn't even part of the main series so that point doesn't apply.

There have been plenty of Final Fantasy spin-offs and other games on Nintendo platforms. Games in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series have only appeared on Nintendo platforms, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light was on the DS, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the DS, FFIII DS, FFIV DS and more.

Porting Type-0 to the Vita or PS3 doesn't make any more sense than porting it to the 3DS.

Reactions: 5 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is classic GBAtemp. I have to say the best perk of my job is being able to read all the hidden and deleted comments. It gives me many laughs.

But yeah, the 3DS XL sold well, woohoo. And that's about it.

Also I did see a post earlier going "WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT FF TYPE-0 ON A SONY CONSOLE?" and the answer is because it was made on a fucking Sony console. It's not blind faith, it's basic, logical deduction.

Reactions: 2 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is classic GBAtemp. I have to say the best perk of my job is being able to read all the hidden and deleted comments. It gives me many laughs.

But yeah, the 3DS XL sold well, woohoo. And that's about it.

Also I did see a post earlier going "WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT FF TYPE-0 ON A SONY CONSOLE?" and the answer is because it was made on a fucking Sony console. It's not blind faith, it's basic, logical deduction.
This post is a classic Guild response.

:tpi:

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Shit reasoning as usual.

You're complaining about something that isn't even a problem. Prior to your post, there have been no 3DS vs. Vita arguments.
The number of removed posts says otherwise?
Prior

Never seen the deleted posts so I can't exactly say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.