Gaming 3DS won't boot

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original 3DS, and i got it broken. right now, it lights up the blue power led when i press the power button, but nothing else happens. i have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off. The screen backlights do not light up in this 3ds
-everything in the upperhalf is a new replacement
-the bottom screen is cracked, though the backlight on both screens do work (hooked them up to my 2DS to test)
-i have completely disassembled the 3ds to try and fix it, but it has not made a difference.
-the power symptoms stay the same with everything disconnected (with battery)
-the system charges with the battery in, but the charge only lasts 5 seconds if the battery is out
-both fuses are still good
-i have gotten it to turn on, and auto turn off with a popping noise about 3 times (i cant get it to do this consistantly)
from what i understand, this seems to be the motherboard or nand? I tried using the wifi module from my 3DSXL, and same symptoms. My 2DS would boot aslong as the backlight was connected (or a backlight from the 3ds screens), so even with the screens and wifi module disconnected, i feel that it narrows it down to the board, or nand. Ive also tried this with/without a game and sd card. any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1