Hacking 3DS with DSTWO - Action Replay on DS games

peanutplanters

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, trying to see if there is an answer to my unique situation.

I have a new 3DS purchased, with a few new 3DS games (NOT looking to use AR for them). However, I also have Chrono Trigger which is an original DS game. I'm trying to see if purchasing a DSTWO will allow me to run action replay cheats, just for my original DS titles on the 3DS. Does the DSTWO allow code to be added to the .dat file and then start the game from the actual slot? (vs the SD card)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There's a complicated solution. Copy your save file from your Chrono Trigger cart to the DSTwo. Apply cheats, assuming they're the kind that can be saved with the save file, then flash it back to the cart.

Rydian says cart swapping or whatever is impossible on the DSi though, so I dunno. That would definitly work on a lite or phat.

peanutplanters

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea they are the kind that can be saved actually - I was under the impression that the save is located on the DS's internal memory, not the carts....

Anyways, if I'm reading this correctly, Nitro hax will load a original cart with AR codes active - which would mean I dont need to rip any save... I can just load the homebrew, hotswap to the game, and save while the codes are active?

So basically if I find a DS lite/phat and purchase a DSTWO the steps would be (more or less)

-Load up the DSTWO and the nitro hax homebrew
-enter AR codes
-Hot swap the CT cart in, load my save
-Re-save with cheats applied

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peanutplanters said:
Yea they are the kind that can be saved actually - I was under the impression that the save is located on the DS's internal memory, not the carts....

Anyways, if I'm reading this correctly, Nitro hax will load a original cart with AR codes active - which would mean I dont need to rip any save... I can just load the homebrew, hotswap to the game, and save while the codes are active?

So basically if I find a DS lite/phat and purchase a DSTWO the steps would be (more or less)

-Load up the DSTWO and the nitro hax homebrew
-enter AR codes
-Hot swap the CT cart in, load my save
-Re-save with cheats applied
you need a cheat.xml file or else you cant use the cheats you can create one by using r4cce sadly it has a size limit i think i forgot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1