Hardware 3ds warranty repair tip

Starzcream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sent in a 2ds and 3ds xl for repair both units were replaced and both came back with ips screens just an FYI

Starzcream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of IPS screens for 2DS?

Aparantly or they may put them in refurbed devices with bad screens the xl for sure I'll confirm the 2ds after I use doodlebomb it's on 11.4 >.< I can see the difference with my eyes and the backlight is dimmer this I have 2 2ds both have different serial letters at the start the one bundled with Mario kart has the ups screen

Last edited by Starzcream,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Here, I'll get this thread back on topic now...

I call bullshit, here's why:
1. He shows no proof of the screen, just posts a very vague thread(in the wrong section mind you).
2. Nintendo never sold 2DSes with an IPS display which means they would've had to mass produce IPS panels for the refurbished 2DSes rather than just use TN panels they probably had plenty of.
3. IPS panels are more expensive to make than TN panels so why the hell would Nintendo produce new IPS panels just to put into refurbished 2DSes to sell them for $60?
4. IPS panels draw more power than TN panels so that means the decent battery life 2DS gets with a TN panel will more than likely take a nice hit. Why would Nintendo think that's a good idea?

I really can't see Nintendo mass producing IPS panels to put into 2DSes just to sell them for $60. I bet you the IPS panels specifically made for the 2DS(because it's really one panel with two screens) costs almost that much to produce. But if you want to stick up for someone who is clearly looking for attention, by all means do your thing.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed off-topic -rp

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. IPS panels are more expensive to make than TN panels so why the hell would Nintendo produce new IPS panels just to put into refurbished 2DSes to sell them for $60?

Prices start scaling down drastically when you're purchasing/producing stuff in the bulk that Nintendo does. I'm not sure if OP is telling the truth or not (and honestly, I couldn't give two flying shits less either way), but it's possible that they simply have stockpiles of them sitting at their repair shops.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Prices start scaling down drastically when you're purchasing/producing stuff in the bulk that Nintendo does. I'm not sure if OP is telling the truth or not (and honestly, I couldn't give two flying shits less either way), but it's possible that they simply have stockpiles of them sitting at their repair shops.
I mean I guess it's possible, anything is possible. But give us more than, well it's not even a true sentence. Just seemed like he was gloating and/or looking for attention(hence him posting in a more popular section rather than the correct one). I really don't care about his display one way or another.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Please don't reply to off-topic -rp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-