3DS Version 10.5 Homebrew and 10.6 Downgrade

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
So what kind of entrypoint was used n the video? It already has brew installed on the Home Menu...

i was asking myself the same thing, i told a friend not to update past 10.5 after seeing this thread!

Edit: my friend told me hes still on 9.9 would this new downgrade option work for him (since he shouldnt update to 10.6 which is the latest atm. right)?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I believe this new downgrade method won't work on 9.9 because the new svchax hasn't been ported to firmwares below 10.4.

You can either use the older memchunkhax2-based Sysupdater, or upgrade to 10.6 then downgrade using this new svchax-based Sysupdater. Svchax is reportedly more stable.

jsa

Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I leaked the changelog for the next update.

6ZqZPNd.png
Confirmed
SystemUpdate.png

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Japanese New 3DS, updated to 10.6 then downgraded to 9.2 (actually 9.1 for some reason). Worked a charm. :)

Japanese N3DS users MUST delete 000400102002CA00.cia to prevent an install error in Sysupdater.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes. I did this on a New 3DS.

For some reason, the 9.2 firmware package on 'that iso site' is actually 9.1, but it doesn't really matter.

Zankazuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Smea hinted on twitter that yellows8 may have a solution for 3DS/N3DS users up to version 10.5 for Homebrew, and they recommend you DO NOT update to 10.6:

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/707289683277930496
https://gist.github.com/yellows8/bf5951ba343e70b96e44

Another forum member also posted a link from Reddit showing downgrading from 10.5/10.6 on O3DS AND N3DS is possible right now:

:arrow: Source -- Though caution is advised, as you may brick using this process!
:arrow: Discussion

can you or someome else upload the video again without music or make a tutorial how to downgrade with this version because the video is not available in germany because there is some music wich the GEMA don't agree with. Or just write me here how i can downgrade to 9.2 with this. I wonder if i also could downgrade to 10.3? And will i have to reinstall homebrew after this?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
can you or someome else upload the video again without music or make a tutorial how to downgrade with this version because the video is not available in germany because there is some music wich the GEMA don't agree with. Or just write me here how i can downgrade to 9.2 with this. I wonder if i also could downgrade to 10.3? And will i have to reinstall homebrew after this?
The steps are exactly the same as the others sysupdaters, just download a 9.2 cias' pack from that iso site and paste them in a folder called "updates" on the root of your SD. Then take the new sysupdater and paste it in the 3ds folder the same as any other homebrew app.

Zankazuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The steps are exactly the same as the others sysupdaters, just download a 9.2 cias' pack from that iso site and paste them in a folder called "updates" on the root of your SD. Then take the new sysupdater and paste it in the 3ds folder the same as any other homebrew app.
and i don't have to reinstall homebrew after that? (i used browserhax to install it and also installed menuhax manager so i can boot homebrew with the L button if i start it)

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have Monster Hunter Ultimate 4 Edition of New 3DS XL with MH4U pre-installed on it. I know if I'm gonna format system memory, I can still download it again from the eshop, but if I'm going to downgrade, would I still get the game downloaded from the eshop? I heard something that pre-installed titles download rights are stored in the system NAND, so do I lose it in the downgrade process?

Also, worked like a charm with my brother's o3DS.

EDIT:

Oh, screw it. I downgraded my N3DS from 10.5 to 9.2 without any problem. Currently doing my sysNAND.bin backup. <3

Last edited by Kamiyama,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4