Konami is bringing back the Metal Gear games it delisted

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 2.39.50 AM.png

In a move that some may find surprising, Konami is bringing back some Metal Gear Solid games to digital platforms, after having delisted them late last year. Back in November, all releases that contained Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 were suddenly removed from sale on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo's 3DS eShop and GOG's storefronts. The reasoning for the removal was that Konami had decided not to renew the licensed war footage used in both games, and no word was given as to if either would be relisted again.

The news of Metal Gear games resuming sale on digital platforms was announced on the official Metal Gear JP Twitter account, and is happening as a celebration of the series' 35th anniversary--which is today, as the original Metal Gear game released on July 13, 1987. It wasn't specified which of the games will be coming back, as a fair few versions were delisted, including the Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita, and PS3 HD Collection, GOG's PC release of Metal Gear Solid 2, and the 3DS release of Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D.

:arrow: Source

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm no fan of anyone except myself and I thought it's funny to use Kojima name . You need to take a chill pill and not think too much in life.
I'm sorry if I don't like being scammed by big corporations and I'm sorry if I don't like dumb people applauding being scammed and asking for more. So no I don't need a chill pill, you need to wake up some of your brain cells.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if I don't like being scammed by big corporations and I'm sorry if I don't like dumb people applauding being scammed and asking for more. So no I don't need a chill pill, you need to wake up some of your brain cells.
Having a bad day? Lol you really need to chill bro. Peace

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Having a bad day? Lol you really need to chill bro. Peace
Look I don't hate you or anyone else, to each their own, but lets be honest here, we haven't had a good game in ages.
Cyberpunk was not what we were sold, GTA Definite Edition are the benchmark for remakes now, GTA 6 is nowhere to be seen and if it comes out it'll probably be a tutorial dressed as single player and everything else online.
You can probably have a small stack of all PS4 games that matter. The PS5 is going nowhere.

We don't need more shitty game remakes, we need more good games. I heard Kojima is making a game similar to PT (Silent Hills), I'd take that over a Metal Gear remake any day of the week. Even Death Stranding was a great refreshing story and gameplay, even if it got boring.

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look I don't hate you or anyone else, to each their own, but lets be honest here, we haven't had a good game in ages.
Cyberpunk was not what we were sold, GTA Definite Edition are the benchmark for remakes now, GTA 6 is nowhere to be seen and if it comes out it'll probably be a tutorial dressed as single player and everything else online.
You can probably have a small stack of all PS4 games that matter. The PS5 is going nowhere.

We don't need more shitty game remakes, we need more good games. I heard Kojima is making a game similar to PT (Silent Hills), I'd take that over a Metal Gear remake any day of the week. Even Death Stranding was a great refreshing story and gameplay, even if it got boring.
See when you chill you make sense and I agree with you.

Reactions: Acid_Snake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol