Homebrew 3DS Update 10.3.0-28 released

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My 3DS is now a barrage of notifications ever since I got Yokai Watch runnng.

- Opens 3DS, "A system update is required"
- Inserts game, "An update for your title is available"
- Opens game, "And update for your title is available"
- Starts game, "Would you like to activate Spotpass feature for this game?"
- Tabs to XBL, "YOKAI WATCH IS NOW AVAILABLE"
- Closes notification "A system update is required"

Jesus christ, let's not forget that every single time I close my 3DS screen or exit out the game, I get this instant pop up to update and all it takes is one wrong button press and the next time you reboot your 3DS, you're done for.
If ya'll have seen scary movies, that ain't shit compared to updating.
When your console is off, press dpad up+ l + r + A, when it says to update press cancel to delete the downloaded update data. Then, switch the wifi off and never turn it on again

EDIT: Got Ninja'd

Reactions: Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
When your console is off, press dpad up+ l + r + A, when it says to update press cancel to delete the downloaded update data. Then, switch the wifi off and never turn it on again

EDIT: Got Ninja'd
but but but... my Yokai babies :( Plus I'm glad that when I play MH4U online it hasn't really forced me to update yet. Lately I've been getting random room crashes but nothing insane yet stating an update is required to play online

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but but but... my Yokai babies :( Plus I'm glad that when I play MH4U online it hasn't really forced me to update yet. Lately I've been getting random room crashes but nothing insane yet stating an update is required to play online
when the 1.2 patch gets released rip online play on mh4u

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Another solution is, just update to 10.3 ;)

[EDIT]
Anyway, My daughter wants to play online and other stuff that needs a 10.3 3DS, so when she asked to update her system, i turned off website restrictions in my firewall and updated her N3DS XL ACHHD edition to 10.3 (after first installing the 10.3 payloads into the old IronFall game :) in case i ever need it on her system)

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Another solution is, just update to 10.3 ;)

[EDIT]
Anyway, My daughter wants to play online and other stuff that needs a 10.3 3DS, so when she asked to update her system, i turned off website restrictions in my firewall and updated her N3DS XL ACHHD edition to 10.3 (after first installing the 10.3 payloads into the old IronFall game :) in case i ever need it on her system)
Hero dad, the hero we need. My gf just likes pretty themes and wants CHMM to work, she doesn't mind what firmware she is on, as long as she can use her Kuma themes. She's still on Ninjhax 2.0 and i don't see the need to update it atm xD.

Is there a way to back up your system info without a gateway? I mean incase I screw up with 10.3 i can use a 10.1 dump to go back. Or has technology not come this far [emoji14]

Last edited by Misledz,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hero dad, the hero we need. My gf just likes pretty themes and wants CHMM to work, she doesn't mind what firmware she is on, as long as she can use her Kuma themes. She's still on Ninjhax 2.0 and i don't see the need to update it atm xD.

Is there a way to back up your system info without a gateway? I mean incase I screw up with 10.3 i can use a 10.1 dump to go back. Or has technology not come this far [emoji14]

Get it hardmodded :)
Dump your 10.1 NAND then, upgrade to 10.3, make again a NAND backup of the 10.3 (you never know) if you don't like it, you can restore your previously made NAND backup of 10.1 back to your system. (Keep in mind a NAND backup only works on the system you made the backup on)
A hardmod is always handy in case you screw up something (or somebdoy else) if you made a NAND backup of your system)

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Get it hardmodded :)
Dump your 10.1 NAND then, upgrade to 10.3, make again a NAND backup of the 10.3 (you never know) if you don't like it, you can restore your previously made NAND backup of 10.1 back to your system. (Keep in mind a NAND backup only works on the system you made the backup on)
A hardmod is always handy in case you screw up something (or somebdoy else) if you made a NAND backup of your system)
If you have no way to backup your nand, an hardmod is useless
edit: actually, no

Last edited by ketal,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soooooooooo...........................has anyone found out a way for eshop acess on 10.1? I assume no...............................

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Somebody knows if with Ninjhax i can update with out problem?
Ninjhax is working on the latest fw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which do I do first? Update system to 10.3 or update ironhax to 10.3? It asks me my current firmware. I don't wanna screw up. Please help. I'm on 10.2. Using a n3ds
You must update the homebrew loader first (themehax, ironhax etc) then you update your system fw..

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Which do I do first? Update system to 10.3 or update ironhax to 10.3? It asks me my current firmware. I don't wanna screw up. Please help. I'm on 10.2. Using a n3ds
As @kbmarinha said you need to update your Ironhax setup first, then your 3DS.
Remember that when you're informing the system menu version at Ironhax install you must inform the TARGET system menu, that's 10.3.0 right now.

Reactions: andremario81

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Ninjhax is working on the latest fw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You must update the homebrew loader first (themehax, ironhax etc) then you update your system fw..

Ok thanks i can update my console to the new FW with out problem (im already on 10.2 now i have to upgrade to 10.3)

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As @kbmarinha said you need to update your Ironhax setup first, then your 3DS.
Remember that when you're informing the system menu version at Ironhax install you must inform the TARGET system menu, that's 10.3.0 right now.
Thank you. Everything worked great. I was able to test the latest retroarch nightlies and cat sfc plus save states are fixed now.Mednafen Pce fast still broke.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1