Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't say, I've never seen this kind of error before on a 3DS that hasn't been hacked with. I think €30 is pretty much for a non-working 3DS, considering that here in the Netherlands, working 3DS from the first model are sold for €50 or less.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
already tested with SD reader Sandisk Kingston tested with SD and USB No player 'm finding that nand this fire because it does not recognize .
The strange that he is with black screen
now I caught a sd reader samsung
I saw earlier in this thread that both the gauge and length of the wire can affect your success. You might want to check that.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna guess that never has taking the battery out and replacing it fixed a boot rom error. Save your money, it's not happening. Sorry.

Okay thanks I read it on some forums that som people had this issue and took the battery out and rebooted the 3DS normally. But I will take your advice and not buy it. I just wanted a 2nd system to have CFW and toy around to see what the system can do.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thanks I read it on some forums that som people had this issue and took the battery out and rebooted the 3DS normally. But I will take your advice and not buy it. I just wanted a 2nd system to have CFW and toy around to see what the system can do.
I can't say for sure, but if they're not gonna let you try it first then don't give them money. You can get a working used 3ds at pawnshops etc for very little more. As far as I know, when you get one of those blue screens your pretty much beat unless you have a backup.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah unless you can get it dirt cheap this error isn't guaranteed to be caused by the GW brick code, its basically just means the 3DS can't boot, if they are saying they just swapped the battery and it did that then its probably not GW related and would be something else wrong, possibly water damage that took a while to kick in, if you can get the system for so cheap that it is worth the value in parts, and you may get luck and its just a simple fix like a loose wifi card or something (although iirc a loose wifi card gives a black screen, but you get the idea)

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah unless you can get it dirt cheap this error isn't guaranteed to be caused by the GW brick code, its basically just means the 3DS can't boot, if they are saying they just swapped the battery and it did that then its probably not GW related and would be something else wrong, possibly water damage that took a while to kick in, if you can get the system for so cheap that it is worth the value in parts, and you may get luck and its just a simple fix like a loose wifi card or something (although iirc a loose wifi card gives a black screen, but you get the idea)

Correct, wifi black screen. I have a o3ds xl here, with wifi busted lol, know all about it.

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for all of your replies I am really thankful I will pass on the 3DS for now selling the parts would be a lot of work. Thank you very much.

Jad67tony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi community!
I have not managed to Dumper a HITACHI thgbmbg4.par usb reader usual
At best windiskmanger see the disk, but error 483 at the dump.
I wanted to use alternate point then black screen, then stops, as low screen HS
Carry out several tests, certain it is the motherboard.
Then use PI for unlock, unbrick, but more access to nand
Switch boot / SD then I get loed blue but not init

Could you tell me what this error is?

The nand is HS ?, Brick?

Thank's you so much
161121100342493164.jpg

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi community!
I have not managed to Dumper a HITACHI thgbmbg4.par usb reader usual
At best windiskmanger see the disk, but error 483 at the dump.
I wanted to use alternate point then black screen, then stops, as low screen HS
Carry out several tests, certain it is the motherboard.
Then use PI for unlock, unbrick, but more access to nand
Switch boot / SD then I get loed blue but not init

Could you tell me what this error is?

The nand is HS ?, Brick?

Thank's you so much
161121100342493164.jpg
Just means that communication with the eMMC/NAND was not possible. It could be broken for good, or you could have a problem with your wiring.

Jad67tony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for your reply.
I understand.
Can I be sure of it in any way?

Very kind to you to confirm me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I check resistance of the important point and compare to those of a functional 3ds.
To the multimeter nothing alarming, except that the CLK oscillates but does not give good tension.
In any case no C.C.
Would it be a hope? If only to successfully dump

I read some pars that fed the nand with other 3DS was possible, I would like to try ... I know more or follow the lesson ... diagram ...
Do you know where to find the page?

Last edited by Jad67tony,

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thank you for your reply.
I understand.
Can I be sure of it in any way?

Very kind to you to confirm me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I check resistance of the important point and compare to those of a functional 3ds.
To the multimeter nothing alarming, except that the CLK oscillates but does not give good tension.
In any case no C.C.
Would it be a hope? If only to successfully dump

I read some pars that fed the nand with other 3DS was possible, I would like to try ... I know more or follow the lesson ... diagram ...
Do you know where to find the page?

Sorry, can't help you there, as I've never dabbled in the black arts called electronics. You could try and ask in one of the "3DS hardware mod" threads, those get frequented regularly by hardware savvy folks.

Jad67tony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice to meet you...
I re-read all this beautiful topic and I understand better. Congratulations on all your searches and everything you offer
Sorry I had not taken conscience of this conversation between you.
I stay on the lookout for your work, thank you

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Jad67tony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
non tu peux pas, je me suis tromper car tu as la Micro SD dessus. je croyais que tu demandais PI B.
Sauf erreur le PI2 B a la micro SD, mais c'est le kernel linux qui s'installe pas

Last edited by Jad67tony,

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@bkifft, hey mate!
Here I am bringing an old topic back to life!

3 years after we have seen your (and @krisztian1997's) program I have received another console bricked like that! It's almost 2 years since my last Gateway brick.
So I dusted off my old RPi 1 (which was safe in a place along with the USB and SD I used to do such work) and proceeded to unbrick this console.

I can read the NAND successfully and see the MMC is locked but when I try to unlock it I get the same error @Jad67tony got (CTO_ERR and ERR = 1).

I know the hardmod is working properly because I can see Windows mounting a drive letter when I plug the console in and because RPU can read the MMC state.

Can you help me with any ideas?

PS: the cable is reeeealy short. Probably 7-8cm long.

EDIT:
I don't know if this will help (or if it matters) but the NAND chip brand is SAMSUNG.
Does this chip work with RPU code?

EDIT 2:
well, force erase worked!
Good thing I had the NAND backup :P
Still, I would like to understand why the UNBRICK option didn't work.
@bkifft, any advises is heavily appreciated!

Last edited by mvmiranda,
Reactions: cdante100

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
@bkifft, hey mate!

3 years after we have seen your (and @krisztian1997's) program I have received another console bricked like that! It's almost 2 years since my last Gateway brick.
So I dusted off my old RPi 1 (which was safe in a place along with the USB and SD I used to do such work) and proceeded to unbrick this console.

I can read the NAND successfully and see the MMC is locked but when I try to unlock it I get the same error @Jad67tony got (CTO_ERR and ERR = 1).

I know the hardmod is working properly because I can see Windows mounting a drive letter when I plug the console in and because RPU can read the MMC state.

EDIT:
I don't know if this will help (or if it matters) but the NAND chip brand is SAMSUNG.

EDIT 2:
From what I read a long time ago gateway changed the brick code unlock key method used on all FW's after 2.0b2

Just wondering if you have more info on how the console bricked, was it using a dstwo or someone messing about trying to hack the GW launcher?

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: mvmiranda

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the hardware to do a hardmod but I just recently bricked my 3DS installing CTRTransfer. My DS crashed during the install step and now I have a black screen but the band finished dumping.
Is there anyone on here that could help me out be happy to pay for their service

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
From what I read a long time ago gateway changed the brick code unlock key method used on all FW's after 2.0b2

Just wondering if you have more info on how the console bricked, was it using a dstwo or someone messing about trying to hack the GW launcher?
i second "lock/unlock key changed".
And to my knowledge noone has looked into it any further

Just talked to the customer and he told me he used one of the newer Gateway's launcher.dat with DSTwo+ (one of the Gateway clones out there).

Now that @gamesquest1 mentioned it, it makes total sense!

@bkifft, isn't that "friend of yours" (that one who "lend" you the old key) around anymore? :P

Thx for the info guys!

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@bkifft, hey mate!

EDIT:

EDIT 2:
This new type of brick is due to DSTWO PLUS use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game