3DS titles could cost three times as much to make!?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Sonicslasher said:
You do realize how stupid most of you look for drawing the conclusion that higher production costs are going to be directly related with game prices right? If this ass-backwards logic were true for a game that only cost a mere million dollars to produce, then what about a game like Gran Turismo 5 that ran up a budget of over 60 million dollars?
lecture.gif

Sorry, Sonicslasher, I can't hear you over the voices in my head that are screaming "OH MY GOD $200 FOR A SINGLE 3DS GAME? NINTENDO ARE SCREWING US AGAIN!".

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hop2089 said:
You never know, remember the DSi was supposed to have region free DSiware but it turned out to be the opposite and that could have been the test for the 3DS so Nintendo could start region locking the games. I'm just saying that they could already have implemented a region lock on 3DS games by now.
Yeah, the region lock was confirmed already (at E3 even, IIRC), but what I was trying to say is that no one demands you to import games that are going to be released a (couple of) month(s) later in the west anyway (e.g. the new Mario games, Zelda, etc.).

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summing it up : If you like a game, buy, buy, buy. If it costs 3 times to make, they'll just have to sell 3 times as much. I guess?

Either way, it won't be that expensive, I'm looking at you ToTA port. $39.99 seems fair for each game, like how $29.99 is reasonable for each portable (DS/PSP) game or 'late' PS2 game. New tech, new toys, new generation, new price. +10 isn't so bad.
If it's +20, then, meh, probably won't be getting a 3DS either way.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still stick with my original reply. I figure the average game will be $39.99, 10 bucks more than the current DS's average game price. (there's more detail in my original reply)

I'm talking USA prices, of course. I don't know about other country's currency.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1