Hardware 3DS suspend mode & discharge

layyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Just a short question, how long can 3ds stay in suspend, for me it looks like as its discharging a bit faster than powered off, its a biut strange If I leave PSP day or two in suspend battery is the same or one percent down, but 3ds can get 1 part of battery gauge down a day.

Its comfortable to leave it in suspend, and not going through profile, running gateway hack and so on, everytime ewhen i turn it on.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,
Just a short question, how long can 3ds stay in suspend, for me it looks like as its discharging a bit faster than powered off, its a biut strange If I leave PSP day or two in suspend battery is the same or one percent down, but 3ds can get 1 part of battery gauge down a day.

Its comfortable to leave it in suspend, and not going through profile, running gateway hack and so on, everytime ewhen i turn it on.

Do you have a DSTWO? I heard the DSTWO CPU is prevented from sleeping when you are not in DS mode, so going to sleep mode even with only the home menu open will drain your battery fast.
But it will always ,discharge faster - they don't suspend in the same way.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the wifi on? Having wifi on on standby drains the battery faster. Especially if you are streetpassing frequently.

Also.. comparing to PSP is like asking why Apples are Red instead of Orange when compared to Oranges.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do you have a DSTWO? I heard the DSTWO CPU is prevented from sleeping when you are not in DS mode, so going to sleep mode even with only the home menu open will drain your battery fast.
But it will always ,discharge faster - they don't suspend in the same way.

I always have my DSTWO inserted on my 3DS XL while suspended in the home menu and I can assure you I see no difference.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have my DSTWO inserted on my 3DS XL while suspended in the home menu and I can assure you I see no difference.
But... there is a difference, you may just not notice it.
This is only one thread but a lot of people have noticed this and reported it, only to get responses that it's normal for the DSTWO.
Basically from that link it's because the 3DS checks spotpass stuff while in sleep mode, and the DSTWO uses it's cpu stuff to act like an official cart. Having it inserted in sleep mode is almost the same as leaving the system on while playing a DS game (minus the backlight, volume, etc that drains more battery.)

There have also been timed tests that flat out prove this to be true.

layyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If its normal, then its normal, no problem, i have wifi off all the time, wasnt sure if its normal or not..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: