Homebrew 3DS: ssspwn exploit works on firmware 8.x, Smealum hopes for a release “soon”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone here actually follow his tweets before making any stupid claims? Something tells me that most of you haven't or they're just upset at the fact that his release will be piracy free.

Reactions: NEP

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I updated to 8.1x i bet it's patched but i needed to get my prized Pokemon from bank in case the exploit works.....no doubt we'll get banned by nintendo for going online with hacked systems like with PS3 CFW

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I updated to 8.1x i bet it's patched but i needed to get my prized Pokemon from bank in case the exploit works.....no doubt we'll get banned by nintendo for going online with hacked systems like with PS3 CFW
Smealum confirmed that the SSSpwn exploit works on the latest 3DS firmware. Nintendo hasn't patched it yet.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why'd you have to update to use Bank? Did you have to go to the shop to get it?

Also, wouldn't it be cool if the 3DS custom firmware worked like the PSP softmod did where you can play vanilla normally then custom by loading an app? I highly doubt that'll be possible, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Wolololo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
He's a deluded fool to think Nintendo has no idea about the exploits he finds. If he found it, they did a long time before.
Coming from the PSP/Vita scene, and knowing nintendo's reputation in terms of security, I would say it is very unlikely that they have any way to find out about an undisclosed exploit. If they had found it, they would have patched it. This is why, at least in the vita scene, most exploits are kept secret until a useful release can be made with them. So I don't think he's in the wrong to keep the key components of his work a secret, while still reporting on his progress.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone here actually follow his tweets before making any stupid claims? Something tells me that most of you haven't or they're just upset at the fact that his release will be piracy free.
Being piracy free is a good thing. However, pirates have roamed all seven sees. They WILL find a way to make it piracy compatible. That is just what pirates do.

Reactions: Deleted User

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Haha. I have been waiting 3 years so i can wait another year for 3ds homebrew. Im not done with the ds yet :) but it would be cool to play snes, megadrive, cps2, neo geo, neo geo pocket, pce 16 and perhaps n64 on the 3ds :)

Many hugs to smea

Reactions: Deleted User

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Being piracy free is a good thing. However, pirates have roamed all seven sees. They WILL find a way to make it piracy compatible. That is just what pirates do.
The 4.5 exploit is out and fully documented and flashcart makers proved it is piracy-compatible. Yet nobody seems to have made a ROM loader. Unless the 8.x exploit causes enough interest due to its wide availability, it is unlikely that it will do so due to its nature alone.

Reactions: the-green

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Another useless smealum bullshit

What a not useless first post by a non useless member that people -especially 3DS users- will remember for its usefulness for ages while smealum's bullshit this day will be forgotten and sliding to irrelevancy in a matter of hours from now
/s
You can do something more useful like not posting in homebrew threads you find useless or die in a flame since you love flaming so much or get a life or whatever.

So I can safely upgrade my 3DS from 7.X to 8.1 waiting for the new exploit?

No. "Half of it" is not a confirmation.
If it was safe he would say "it's confirmed", but he didn't.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy normaly I thought to use 3DS apps (idk bout games but doubt it) you need to be on latest FW

Maybe you do for many apps, but I can confirm that I do not need to update to use PokeBank. I'm still on 7.2 and I've used it a bunch since the new update has been bugging me. Then again, I only use my 2DS currently for Pokemon X and PokeBank. Only other game I currently have is Paper Mario Sticker Star (such a disappointment...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol