Hacking 3DS Savegame Requests thread

paradoxofthecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lost my Bravely Default EU chapter 2 save file after backing up my data for 2.02b :sad:. I read the post regarding the proper way of reinjecting the backup save game and was overwritten by a new one too late.

Can someone who has the save game for chapter 2 florem area upload it?please..

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If saving for NAND games works the way Gateway stated (direct writing to the end of the ROM file), will save files for these games likely be uploaded in xDelta patches (or other patch software) or would there be a [legal?] problem with that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A tool can be done to extract/inject the save in the microSD card.
The game's header has the sector where the save starts (though, I don't know if there's a size limit, the savegames could be big) so a tool can open the header and find where the save is located.
I guess ROM_tool could do it.

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to exchange Datel's Powersaves save files? They are in BIN format

NO. It has been stated multiple times that the only reason people are able to trade saves is due to the fact they are using the same game dump. Whatever datel is doing to the saves to make them work universally is unknown.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone care to share a DKC Returns (USA) completed savefile? i 100%ed it in wii, just wanna check out the new world.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone care to share a DKC Returns (USA) completed savefile? i 100%ed it in wii, just wanna check out the new world.

Heres my Luigis Mansion (EUR) savefile. User "pin" was asking for it. might as well share for everyone.

-Game cleared, All Boos collected, all Vacuum upgrades gotten, missing gem completion.

Attachments

• Luigis.Mansion.2.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST.rar
    49.2 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: pin

C RONALDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have Shingeki no Kyojin: Jinrui Saigo no Tsubasa Save file.
my save file is corrupted, If you completed the game would be great because i was at the final chapters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shingeki no Kyojin is good? it covers the anime's story or is it's based on the manga/spinoff chapter?

I edited the first post of this thread to add a nice title with a save sharing help and guideline.

Reactions: juins

C RONALDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shingeki no Kyojin is good? it covers the anime's story or is it's based on the manga/spinoff chapter?

I edited the first post of this thread to add a nice title with a save sharing help and guideline.

It's great! it based on the anime's story but it is really easy, i was in the final chapters for less than 3 hours! but the gameplay is superb!

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
1. play a different game, not the one you want to import the save.
If you play the same game, it will keep the internal save instead of importing your new save file, and will overwrite the save file when you exit your game.

2. put the save file on your SD card:
SD:/gameID.sav

3. put the game you want to import save into flashcart.

4. Launch the game, it will import the save file to the flashcart's internal save chipset.

Gateway team said they are working on a direct save file access, so in future releases you will probably won't have to worry about the "last played game", or "exit using Home/X", as it will automatically access the file instead of the chipset.

Hi,

Just got a 3ds xl and copied the game saves from my 3ds to the sd card on the xl. I have then tried as you said but it's not importing the saves but it does delete the new save it just made. Any ideas? Ta

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
If you correctly played a different game before copying the .sav file to your SD card, then I don't know why it's not working.

Hi. when you say play do you mean boot it up and let it load a save then quit out and swap games in? ta

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
We have already too many stickies.
Some (4 or 5) could be un-stick'ed, as they are not used that much now (like hack compilation, hack theories from newbies, hacking concept, etc.)

Sounds like a Good plan, some of the stickies are sort of redundant, and other threads stickied would be more useful

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. when you say play do you mean boot it up and let it load a save then quit out and swap games in? ta
play a different game = write a different game in a microSD card, put the microSD card in your Flashcart, put the flashcart in your 3DS, boot the console in Gateway mode, launch the game from the flashcart, exit the game.

Exemple with Mario 3D Land:
You are currently playing Mario 3D Land, but want to import someone else's save.
- Exit Mario 3D Land
- Place a different game (written to microSD card) on your flashcart
- Launch that new game (not Mario 3D Land)
- Exit the game
- Shut down the console
- Put SD card on PC
- copy (and replace) the .sav file for mario 3D Land
- Put SD card on 3DS
- Put MicroSD with Mario 3D Land on Flashcart
- Launch Mario 3D Land.

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
play a different game = write a different game in a microSD card, put the microSD card in your Flashcart, put the flashcart in your 3DS, boot the console in Gateway mode, launch the game from the flashcart, exit the game.

Exemple with Mario 3D Land:
You are currently playing Mario 3D Land, but want to import someone else's save.
- Exit Mario 3D Land
- Place a different game (written to microSD card) on your flashcart
- Launch that new game (not Mario 3D Land)
- Exit the game
- Shut down the console
- Put SD card on PC
- copy (and replace) the .sav file for mario 3D Land
- Put SD card on 3DS
- Put MicroSD with Mario 3D Land on Flashcart
- Launch Mario 3D Land.

Ahhh,,,I didn't know you had to shut the console down. I was just hot swapping games. I'll give that a try. Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1