Homebrew 3DS Region Change from JPN to EUR

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought a lavender 2DS from Japan, knowing that the language would obviously be in Japanese. I'm fine with using the 2DS in Japanese since I can just guess my way around after using my 3DS for so long and so often (plus most games work fine with the region free), but I would prefer it in English.

I tried to do a region change using the 3DS guide, but my system remains in Japanese, and in the JPN region.

From what I understood, the CTRTransfer image you select is the one corresponding to your current region/device region. Is this correct? Or have I misunderstood anything?

jsan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am on the same situation. Seems weird you have to chose the file for the device and region you are, and not for the region you want to go to. Is this a typo in the guide or really the right way to do it? In this case, what region do you end up having, are you given the option to chose it during the install?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the same situation. Seems weird you have to chose the file for the device and region you are, and not for the region you want to go to. Is this a typo in the guide or really the right way to do it? In this case, what region do you end up having, are you given the option to chose it during the install?
Quoted from the guide "This is done by installing the 11.5.0 CTRTransfer image for the region you want to switch to"

Basically, it's telling you to pick the one you want to go to, then later in the guide it's referring to that one you picked as "the CTRNAND transfer for your device/region". It's just worded strange. If you guys read every word from the top down, you'd see what I mean.

Tl;Dr. Yes, pick the CTRNAND transfer for the region you're trying to switch to.

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quoted from the guide "This is done by installing the 11.5.0 CTRTransfer image for the region you want to switch to"

Basically, it's telling you to pick the one you want to go to, then later in the guide it's referring to that one you picked as "the CTRNAND transfer for your device/region". It's just worded strange. If you guys read every word from the top down, you'd see what I mean.

Tl;Dr. Yes, pick the CTRNAND transfer for the region you're trying to switch to.

Oh right!! I hadn't noticed that (which I'm slightly ashamed of because it's the first line).

But yeah, as you said, I don't think my confusion was helped by the line 'if your device is not from one of these regions, just pick one that matches your device type' :P Thank you for clearing that up!

Last edited by Catsinabucket,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that line just means if you don't know what region you want (or it doesn't matter) just pick one that matches your device i.e (O3DS/N3DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...