ROM Hack 3DS question

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have download Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and when I shall use FBI for to download on 3DS I get this error messages
What does it mean?
20210103_100116.jpg

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
My SD card it's not fake, faulty or dying. Since I can download others games on FBI without problem. It was only Pokemon Alpha Sapphire I have problem with.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card it's not fake, faulty or dying. Since I can download others games on FBI without problem. It was only Pokemon Alpha Sapphire I have problem with.
Copying smaller files from computer to a bad SD card will not usually produce noticeable problems. At first.

Bigger files like that 1.77 GB CIA returning a failed hash check in a FBI installation raises a red flag.

Are you prepared to lose all your games, updates, dlcs, saves, extdata, and whatever other important files you have if you happen to be wrong about the hardware integrity of that SD card?

Reactions: fmkid and tfocosta

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Copying smaller files from computer to a bad SD card will not usually produce noticeable problems. At first.

Bigger files like that 1.77 GB CIA returning a failed hash check in a FBI installation raises a red flag.

Are you prepared to lose all your games, updates, dlcs, saves, extdata, and whatever other important files you have if you happen to be wrong about the hardware integrity of that SD card?
It's not fake since I can use it on Switch fine without problems. So i'm not wrong and it's only SD card I have right now until I get money to buy new one.

botik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
As an option crookedly assembled cia file.Original cia do not have an icon(picture) when installed in FBI.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not fake since I can use it on Switch fine without problems. So i'm not wrong and it's only SD card I have right now until I get money to buy new one.
Your card might not be fake, but this doesn't mean it isn't faulty or defective. The only way to determine all of its memory cells are in working order would be to empty it out and fully write + read back everything in H2testw.

I don't know why you're adamant about hardware testing the SD card. If the result comes back clean, that gives extra reassurance there's nothing wrong with it. No harm done.

BUT, if the result does come back bad, you can prevent further damage to your files and salvage what's still intact. Continually using an (un)knowingly bad SD card will eventually corrupt data to the point of no recovery.

Please check your SD card as described in post #4.

This is like someone who visits a doctor, is told an abnormal symptom has been found in the check-up, and to be on the safe side, is recommended to go get screened for cancer.

While the choice is ultimately yours, I do hope that you make the wise one.

Not a substitution for post #4. Can be done as an additional/initial assessment.
Here's a quick (but not sure proof) way to determine if the SD card is fake. Install 7-Zip and right mouse click the .CIA file on the SD card → CRC SHACRC-32. Do the same thing on the downloaded copy that's on the computer. If the hashes do not match between the two, that means the SD card is definitely corrupting data.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: fmkid and tfocosta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn