3DS Power ON and OFF constantly

bibliomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just wanted to share my experience. After owning the 3DS for 6 years, I noticed that I often my 3DS in a state of drained battery despite just charging it the night before. Playing with the 3DS doesnt seem to indicate that the battery itself is dying or not holding charge.

What happened is that the 3DS has been turning itself on and off every minute, over and over again. I thought it must have been the power button being pressed (accidentally) or that the button itself is depressed inward. Tried to disamble the 3DS and look at the power button, clean it with alcohol just to ensure it wasnt dusty or have some weird contact that leaves the button pressed. No luck. The problem persist.

At this point since the 3DS been turning itself on and off a lot, the screen has burnt it with my splashscreen.

The next thing I noticed is a spicy-pillowed/expanded battery.

Replaced that and now the problem seems to be gone. (still not sure which comes first : if the battery expanded because of the on/off OR the on/off is caused by the expanded battery)

My battery looks exactly like this (credit: u/SinisterCryptid)

• Sad
Reactions: Blythe93

Yodakiller3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. That reminds me of when my TV used to turn on and off all the time--It was the extension cord that it was connected to having a a specific outlet shorting long enough for it to unplug and replug.

I think the 3DS had something similar, or maybe I'm just looking too deep. The console itself probably thought that the battery itself was just sending the power on signal? I'm kinda clueless there, but I'm glad you fixed it.

bibliomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Weird. That reminds me of when my TV used to turn on and off all the time--It was the extension cord that it was connected to having a a specific outlet shorting long enough for it to unplug and replug.

I think the 3DS had something similar, or maybe I'm just looking too deep. The console itself probably thought that the battery itself was just sending the power on signal? I'm kinda clueless there, but I'm glad you fixed it.
Probably some shorts with my defective battery 😣

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging