Hardware 3DS... Or Vita... Or Neither...

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I've had the 3ds. 2 actually. I have enormous hands you see, so i can't play on the little console. Everyone says I have ape hands or laborer hands lol. I'm really hoping for the Vita. Also, I don't like how Nintendo has been holding out on us. I keep getting rid of my 3ds's because there was nothing to play on it. I'm also not a big fan of Mario. Every game is the exact same thing and I've played just about enough of it. Hopefully the Vita has better luck and doesn't make the same mistakes Nintendo is making.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think asking this question in the 3DS forum instead of General Consoles is gonna lead to your answer.

The 3DS looks to be a good alternative to the DS, honestly. It's got better features than the DSi and the analog slider is a good plus for any games that move in a 3D environment. I'd take it over a larger screen, honestly (and at the same price). As a standalone system, I wouldn't even start with it until sometime next year. Mario Kart 7 looks fulfilling by my standards and it has a few "candy bar" games (short but sweet) coming up but I'm still finding it lacking when it comes to a big meaty game, outside of the endless replayability of Tetris Axis. Wait for a Pokemon game to come out for that area to be filled.

I'm a Vita guy myself and crossplaying with a few games really helps quell my fears of the dreaded "dead zone" that was PSP online gaming. At least now you can play with PS3 owners of games (I think Wipeout and UMvC3 both support this, for instance). It's a bit pricier but if you were willing to shell out $250 for a 3DS then there's no issue. The new media kinda sucks but you buy one cart and you'll probably be set for your lifetime. I'm liking how it's coming out mostly, minus a few things but overall it's gonna be my handheld for the next gen. Maybe I'll get the 3DS cheap one day used and use it to replace my piece-of-shit DS Phat.
Really? I knew PSV supported cross-game voice chat with other Vita owners, but you can actually play against Wipeout players on the PS3?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, 3DS. crackedvita.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.