Hacking 3ds or 3dz files with b9s (N3ds or O3ds)

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I am pushing my kids to move from their Gateway to B9s but the main complain is that it's very easy to drag n drop 3ds or 3dz files from the laptop to the usd card.
Can these 3ds or 3dz files be used as is with b9s or should it be converted to cia and installed with fbi ?

If the cia conversion is mandatory then is there a simple easy app on pc to convert on the fly from 3ds to cia (like a gui drag n drop utility) for them to use?
Would then anynith else be needed (tickets... whatever this means) ?

Thanks

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
There are a few tutorials on GBATemp - take a quick look through the 3DS Hacking & Homebrew section. However, most people use an application (developed by several people) which is named 'eShop' but with 3 letters on the start.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
To answer your main question, no. You can't use 3ds/3dz without gateway. Your primary game play would be CIA installations.

However, you won't need any 3ds to CIA conversions. Unless, there is a problem preventing you from doing so, the cleaner (and easier) way is to just download the CIA of whatever game you like and install it using FBI.

But since you are already on gateway, make sure you back up all your save data games in a savedatafiler format or any other tool (SDF is just my favorite, and it's official by Nintendo) so that you can inject them back to the CIA later

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pushing my kids to move from their Gateway to B9s but the main complain is that it's very easy to drag n drop 3ds or 3dz files from the laptop to the usd card.
but thats complex in actuality with freeshop they can simply download directly from nintendo (no computer needed)
Can these 3ds or 3dz files be used as is with b9s
no

should it be converted to cia and installed with fbi ?
yup

If the cia conversion is mandatory then is there a simple easy app on pc to convert on the fly from 3ds to cia (like a gui drag n drop utility) for them to use?
i dont think so but you can use godmode9 to convert .3ds (and likely .3dz) to .cia [Tutorial] How to Convert .3DS Files Into .CIA

Would then anynith else be needed ?
the saves need to be converted Importing Gateway saves to cia games
You can't use 3ds/3dz without gateway
sky3ds?

Last edited by wormdood,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep I know of F***shop. But we live in the sticks... middle of nowhere with poor bandwidth. They've been playing for ages with their Gateway cards. They know about F****shop too.
It's merely a matter of just converting their existing stuff to cia. No worries though, they'll get used to installing cia files after a while.
i'll look up for a conversion tool because of that bandwidth issue (and the fact that we often get to travel and have limited cell coverage as well in theses cases).
Thanks.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To answer your main question, no. You can't use 3ds/3dz without gateway. Your primary game play would be CIA installations.

However, you won't need any 3ds to CIA conversions. Unless, there is a problem preventing you from doing so, the cleaner (and easier) way is to just download the CIA of whatever game you like and install it using FBI.

But since you are already on gateway, make sure you back up all your save data games in a savedatafiler format or any other tool (SDF is just my favorite, and it's official by Nintendo) so that you can inject them back to the CIA later

They want to keep Gateway and a9hl for now. Guess they find Gateway more convenient (at least the 2 younger kids). They have one console with B9s and F***shop and 2 with A9hl & Gateway so that will do.
Just have to find that tool to convert from 3ds to cia to avoid the big downloads.
Thanks

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So I guess the main thing I'm wondering about atm is, if you have poor bandwidth and limited resources in general, and already have a9lh and gateway, is there a reason WHY you want to move to b9s?

Unless something is not working properly for you. I don't recommend making a move with limited resources that you have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative