• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

hyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a noob question. I have never had cfw before. When I try and boot boot9strap (hold start at boot up) I just go to the regular 3ds menu. Help me please.

RogueHelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I was wondering if any of you could help me with my question. I am just going to start hacking my new 2ds xl (I am waiting for my flashcart to arrive) and was looking to download a bunch of games that I used to own but lost, games like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Link Between worlds. I know I can download them through freeshop and stuff but the thing I haven't found yet how to do is if I somehow can download save files so that I can just go straight to play master mode, is there a site or database for save files or would I be better off using cheats? (And if so, how would I proceed on doing it)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, I was wondering if any of you could help me with my question. I am just going to start hacking my new 2ds xl (I am waiting for my flashcart to arrive) and was looking to download a bunch of games that I used to own but lost, games like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Link Between worlds. I know I can download them through freeshop and stuff but the thing I haven't found yet how to do is if I somehow can download save files so that I can just go straight to play master mode, is there a site or database for save files or would I be better off using cheats? (And if so, how would I proceed on doing it)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3ds+savegames

RunFwrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a noob question. I have never had cfw before. When I try and boot boot9strap (hold start at boot up) I just go to the
regular 3ds menu. Help me please.

the people who made that guide are absolute gods lol. follow it and take your time. as long as you follow it completely your reward is a priceless one

hyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I'm following 3ds.guide to get boot9strap but it says for verson 11.6.0 (old 2ds) I need a 3ds with boot9strap already on it. Is there any other methods I can use? Or should I just buy a 3ds with everything on it?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, I'm following 3ds.guide to get boot9strap but it says for verson 11.6.0 (old 2ds) I need a 3ds with boot9strap already on it. Is there any other methods I can use? Or should I just buy a 3ds with everything on it?
There's ntrboot that works on all versions

D

Deleted User

If I wanted to homebrew a new 2dsxl using soundhax would I select the new 3ds | new 3dsxl option?

Xero3C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hi,

if I'm lucky I'll get a 2DS (I'll make sure to get one that has a firmware not higher than 11.3, with serial code analysis) tomorrow for hacking purposes. But with this recent Github chaos (which I don't fully understand) I'm worried that the required files to make Soundhax and LumaCFW work on a 2DS, are now broken (I plan to get a 2DS with firmware 9.0 - 11.3). Can anyone pls confirm that these required file aren't affected by this "Github problem" ? (And maybe explain me why they are not ?).

PS: I've downloaded the required files yesterday 22.02.18 at +- 22:00. The only thing I need to download is otherapp payload, as I don't know what version I''ll get, but this can't be downloaded on a github site.

Thx for your help :)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,

if I'm lucky I'll get a 2DS (I'll make sure to get one that has a firmware not higher than 11.3, with serial code analysis) tomorrow for hacking purposes. But with this recent Github chaos (which I don't fully understand) I'm worried that the required files to make Soundhax and LumaCFW work on a 2DS, are now broken (I plan to get a 2DS with firmware 9.0 - 11.3). Can anyone pls confirm that these required file aren't affected by this "Github problem" ? (And maybe explain me why they are not ?).

PS: I've downloaded the required files yesterday 22.02.18 at +- 22:00. The only thing I need to download is otherapp payload, as I don't know what version I''ll get, but this can't be downloaded on a github site.

Thx for your help :)
Don't worry about it. It's just that some Homebrew apps will be unable to download from GitHub but it doesn't affect installation in any way and even after that you probably won't notice it except maybe if you try to use titledb or Luma Updater. Those two are the most common things that might be broken.

Reactions: Xero3C

Xero3C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Don't worry about it. It's just that some Homebrew apps will be unable to download from GitHub but it doesn't affect installation in any way and even after that you probably won't notice it except maybe if you try to use titledb or Luma Updater. Those two are the most common things that might be broken.

Ok thanks! So will I still be able to get PKHex & Freeshop? Those are the only Homebrew apps I care about

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1