• Views 4,450,226
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've found out that once I updated Pokemon Ultra Moon, if I have the game patching enabled with the no outlines patch the "ARM11 exception occurred" error happens. Does anyone know why? Can someone tell the patchers so they might know if there's a way to handle this? Turning off the patching when booting with select makes the game work fine again (of course without the no outlines patch), but I've tried erasing the additional Pokemon Ultra Moon data and it doesn't make it work again. Should I upload here the dump file of the crash? the current process is called "momiji", never found it in any complaints online.

EDIT: redownloading the patch and overwriting it doesn't work! and in Sun version the patch also makes this exception happen.
EDIT2: I just keep forgetting things I have to say. Version is 11.6, with Luma 8.1.1
EDIT3: I hadn't erased the 1.1 update, and now that I have it works again in UM. But why does this happen???

Last edited by IsaacMG99,

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any SUPER main things that can get you banned immediately? Just asking in general so that I don’t ban myself.
The worst is going online while playing a game that hasn't been released. It happened with pokemon sun and moon, and I think it was the first ban wave. I wouldn't use the freeshop. Cheating while playing online is also one of the worst things you can do, and playing CIAs you haven't purchased too. I personaly think they can see you have hacked your 3ds anytime you go online, but oh well, then you wouldn't do anything. Be careful tho, try and search within this page the ways to avoid getting banned (spotpass settings and such). You should look there first.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The worst is going online while playing a game that hasn't been released. It happened with pokemon sun and moon, and I think it was the first ban wave. I wouldn't use the freeshop. Cheating while playing online is also one of the worst things you can do, and playing CIAs you haven't purchased too. I personaly think they can see you have hacked your 3ds anytime you go online, but oh well, then you wouldn't do anything. Be careful tho, try and search within this page the ways to avoid getting banned (spotpass settings and such). You should look there first.
This, except no need to avoid freeShop (same as any other homebrew cia --- you can remove the danger by only using it through the homebrew launcher in Download Play).

fireball1235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new, new 3ds xl galaxy and it was already updated to 11.5.0-38U firmware :C I have ez access to homebrew tho with ninja hax however I can't install cfw and luma cuz 11.5 can't run udsploit and safehax I guess I'll have to get a ntr boot flashcart for that? (I do have cfw on my o3ds tho, if that means anything)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just got a new, new 3ds xl galaxy and it was already updated to 11.5.0-38U firmware :C I have ez access to homebrew tho with ninja hax however I can't install cfw and luma cuz 11.5 can't run udsploit and safehax I guess I'll have to get a ntr boot flashcart for that? (I do have cfw on my o3ds tho, if that means anything)
You can use dsiwarehax and your old 3ds to install cfw. Look at the guide.

Reactions: fireball1235

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This, except no need to avoid freeShop (same as any other homebrew cia --- you can remove the danger by only using it through the homebrew launcher in Download Play).
So basically going online with an unregistered app (.cia, freeshop, etc.) and an early game can ban you but it’s very unlikely?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So basically going online with an unregistered app (.cia, freeshop, etc.) and an early game can ban you but it’s very unlikely?
Unreleased game will ban you for sure and it's the kind you can't really fix

Being online while using a non-existent app might ban you and it is easy to fix

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does it requires me to have a 2nd N3DS or do I just need to inject my fresh nand.bin primary N3ds during lazaru3ds procedure.
You need a working console to dump the required files.

Reactions: AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok, now I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp on the banning situation and how not to get banned. Just one (or maybe a couple) more questions. If you download a game from the freeshop no matter what the region of the game is even if you live in that region, is there a chance you can get banned from playing those games since you didn't download them from the eshop? Because I have a Japanese game I downloaded from the freeshop and I haven't played it yet? And also, if you were to replace your friend code, would that new friend code show up on other consoles such as your friend's 3DS if they are one of your friends on the NNID?

Repairedbee82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay, while doing Lazarus3ds procedure, now I'm stuck with "SHA check failed on CTRNAND File" eventhough I placed all the file in the root of my sd card and named the folder "Pit" I dragged all the files of "retail" including .bin and .bin.sha files as well. I stopped at "sha $[CTRNAND] $[CTRNAND].sha. I also injected a fresh nand.bin before and I got the same result.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, while doing Lazarus3ds procedure, now I'm stuck with "SHA check failed on CTRNAND File" eventhough I placed all the file in the root of my sd card and named the folder "Pit" I dragged all the files of "retail" including .bin and .bin.sha files as well. I stopped at "sha $[CTRNAND] $[CTRNAND].sha. I also injected a fresh nand.bin before and I got the same result.
Try @AnalogMan (the author)
I don’t know much (anything) about it :)

skallah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's been asked a ton in this thread but..

I used ntrboot on a R4i RTS and wanted to use it for another system (new system, no transfer) but it's now coming up blank when I insert it. Is there a way to restore it back and then set it up for ntrboot again?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sure it's been asked a ton in this thread but..

I used ntrboot on a R4i RTS and wanted to use it for another system (new system, no transfer) but it's now coming up blank when I insert it. Is there a way to restore it back and then set it up for ntrboot again?
It is already set up for ntrboot. If you want to use it for DS games then see the restoring part of https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Reactions: skallah

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I haven't been in the 3DS scene for a while and I have the Gateway flashcart. Apparently, I see that it's recommended to transition to CFW (Luma3DS), my question is that can I use my microSD card to play games from there or does it has to ran from the SD card? I only have a 4GB SD card but 32GB microsd card...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Are there any specific games (out of region games, regular games you can get from the freeshop) that can get you banned?
If there's a game that hasn't been released in your region yet

So I haven't been in the 3DS scene for a while and I have the Gateway flashcart. Apparently, I see that it's recommended to transition to CFW (Luma3DS), my question is that can I use my microSD card to play games from there or does it has to ran from the SD card? I only have a 4GB SD card but 32GB microsd card...
Get a microSD adapter and use the 32GB card in your console. Also consider extracting your Gateway save files before starting. To.do this use FBI.3ds to install JKSM.cia and follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...