Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I actually have an older r4i gold. I'll use that. Thanks for the help.

One last thing, what's the first thing I should look into after I do the bootstrap 9?
You can use freeShop to download & install games, and install homebrew. You can use FBI's TitleDB feature to browse and install homebrew.

Reactions: 20degrees

MalcusPine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have some question.
I read the guide from https://3ds.guide/ and It mention that it will use sysnand not emunand.That bring me with a question.
1.why sysnand not emunand?
2.why somepeople use emunand instead of sysnand?
3.If i want to use emunand instead,How?

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Anacobra,

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have some question.
I read the guide from https://3ds.guide/ and It mention that it will use sysnand not emunand.That bring me with a question.
1.why sysnand not emunand?
2.why somepeople use emunand instead of sysnand?
3.If i want to use emunand instead,How?
1. You take up space on your SD card by using an emuNAND. emuNAND is also not the recommended setup anymore because you no longer take the risk of losing your custom firmware by updating your system's firmware. emuNAND, for a time, was the recommended way to go because at the time, you would leave your sysNAND at a firmware you could still hack it at while keeping your emuNAND updated for online and being able to use the eShop.
2. Some people use emuNAND for different reasons: to test modifications that might otherwise brick their sysNAND, have a different region NAND alongside their sysNAND, .etc. The list goes on. But now with Luma3DS's region emulation, a different region NAND is no longer needed to play out of region games.
3. You don't need an emuNAND. I'm not sure how many people will walk you through the steps of creating one when it's no longer needed.

Reactions: Quantumcat

usojin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Literally made an account because I legit don't know what to do. 3ds running 11.4 cfw. When I tried to update a cia file by removing the sd card from my 3ds, upon putting it back in, the 3ds didn't recognize any of the titles or homebrew on the card. The card isn't damaged, I can still access the files from my pc. I have no idea what to do.

MalcusPine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You take up space on your SD card by using an emuNAND. emuNAND is also not the recommended setup anymore because you no longer take the risk of losing your custom firmware by updating your system's firmware. emuNAND, for a time, was the recommended way to go because at the time, you would leave your sysNAND at a firmware you could still hack it at while keeping your emuNAND updated for online and being able to use the eShop.
2. Some people use emuNAND for different reasons: to test modifications that might otherwise brick their sysNAND, have a different region NAND alongside their sysNAND, .etc. The list goes on. But now with Luma3DS's region emulation, a different region NAND is no longer needed to play out of region games.
3. You don't need an emuNAND. I'm not sure how many people will walk you through the steps of creating one when it's no longer needed.
Oh my god.Thank you for the clearest answer.you really make me understand now thank you again.:3

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Literally made an account because I legit don't know what to do. 3ds running 11.4 cfw. When I tried to update a cia file by removing the sd card from my 3ds, upon putting it back in, the 3ds didn't recognize any of the titles or homebrew on the card. The card isn't damaged, I can still access the files from my pc. I have no idea what to do.
Make a backup of your files on your pc and try copying them to another card, or format the card (FAT32) and copy them back. You can also verify if there's anything wrong with your card by running it through H2testw (after freshly formatting it).

MalcusPine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 11.3 version of firmware.Can I use soundhax to open Homebrew then install FBI.cia,Lumar.cia,homebrew.cia or maybe .cia games through soundhax without CFW? or that can only be done on 11.2 and below.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a 11.3 version of firmware.Can I use soundhax to open Homebrew then install FBI.cia,Lumar.cia,homebrew.cia or maybe .cia games through soundhax without CFW? or that can only be done on 11.2 and below.
Follow https://3ds.guide. If you follow it all the way to the end you will get all the homebrew you need to get started.

Reactions: MalcusPine

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When at this step from the 3DS guide (single system): installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot), should I first clean up the R4I's SD which is explained at the bottom of the page before going to "finalizing setup"? I'm not quite sure? Also, for the finalizing part: should I use my other SD card that is delivered with the 3DS and inside the system rather than the SD card from the R4I?

Thanks for helping me out :)

Last edited by Flare-be,

20degrees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So I did all the steps in the tutorial, but when I go to launch the r4ids card (Metroid demo) the 3ds has a error and needs to be turned off. Any resolution?

This is the non rts version, but it says 3ds xl on it.

Last edited by 20degrees,

GraveSoul29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been here in a while, but I just installed soundhax for my n3ds 11.2. Is it possible at all to downgrade using soundhax without a hardmod or another 3ds?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did all the steps in the tutorial, but when I go to launch the r4ids card (Metroid demo) the 3ds has a error and needs to be turned off. Any resolution?

This is the non rts version, but it says 3ds xl on it.
do you mean you completed 3ds guide and now you want to use the flashcard as a flashcard again? if so then do the section in 3ds guide called
Section V - Removing ntrboot
Installing boot9strap (ntrboot) - 3DS Guide
Quick question, at the end of the guide it says something about using "ntr cfw". Do I need that?
only if you like to use cheats

Last edited by wormdood,

PlaceboJohnson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello!
First of all, I'm new here and sorry for muy english. :/

The issue is that I've had my Old 2DS since the release of Pokemon Sun & Moon and now I'm interested on installing B9S. The fact is.. I have 11.5 and my 2DS is virgin. I read the guide and found I need another hacked console or do Hardmod. Well, both of them are out of my possibilities. So my question is if there is some other methods to hack or downgrade to an easier version that don't need so much external preparation. And if there aren't what should I do?

Sorry :( and thanks.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
First of all, I'm new here and sorry for muy english. :/

The issue is that I've had my Old 2DS since the release of Pokemon Sun & Moon and now I'm interested on installing B9S. The fact is.. I have 11.5 and my 2DS is virgin. I read the guide and found I need another hacked console or do Hardmod. Well, both of them are out of my possibilities. So my question is if there is some other methods to hack or downgrade to an easier version that don't need so much external preparation. And if there aren't what should I do?

Sorry :( and thanks.
ntrboot Get Started (Old 3DS) - 3DS Guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf bunny