• Likes 43

Qyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I'm looking for some help. I haven't touched my 3DS for ages and decided to boot it up to try a few games. I updated to the newest firmware on emuNand and now I'm unable to boot in cakeFW; should've done my research on 11.4 before updating :\

So my question is how should I move on from here to get back to a functional CFW? Would my best bet be to follow the suggestions in this thread (install luma, rename 11.3 update package and install in HBL)?

Thanks in advance

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm looking for some help. I haven't touched my 3DS for ages and decided to boot it up to try a few games. I updated to the newest firmware on emuNand and now I'm unable to boot in cakeFW; should've done my research on 11.4 before updating :\

So my question is how should I move on from here to get back to a functional CFW? Would my best bet be to follow the suggestions in this thread (install luma, rename 11.3 update package and install in HBL)?

Thanks in advance
Switch to Luma3DS or update your Cake. I think Cake supports 11.4.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

Reactions: Qyrus

Jexzyll

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Nintendo 3ds XL from Korea.. any can help how to change the language and region for me to use for other games?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to update firmware with AL9H installed?
Yes. Make a backup of your NAND just in case. Update Luma3DS or whatever CFW you're using and might as update your payloads while you're at it.

I bought a Nintendo 3ds XL from Korea.. any can help how to change the language and region for me to use for other games?
There is region changing guide in that 3DS Guide. Also you can use region emulation in Luma3DS. If you're on 11.4 and don't have CFW, try HANS.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
how do I upgrade to 11.2 instead of 11.4 ?
thanks a lot to anyone that can point me in the right direction.
Never tried this on sysnand, but I usually use 3DNUS to download system titles and package them as CIA and install those CIAs using BBB. As I said before, I've only tried this on emunand though

crimson_moon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ask because i switched from rx tools -> luma3ds and i wanted to access the eshop to update something but i have to update so i was wondering if i could just update.

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to download games that aren't available in Freeshop/CIAngel such as Tales of The Abyss(US) or Story of Seasons Trio of Towns, etc. I'm pretty sure that we can't link to any download sites but it would be helpful if someone can point me to the right direction? I tried looking for it myself in Google but all I got were Ads.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to download games that aren't available in Freeshop/CIAngel such as Tales of The Abyss(US) or Story of Seasons Trio of Towns, etc. I'm pretty sure that we can't link to any download sites but it would be helpful if someone can point me to the right direction? I tried looking for it myself in Google but all I got were Ads.
You might find the cia on "that iso site". Google it.

Reactions: LUCIFXR

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why are we allowed to link to 3ds.guide, which hosts for example CtrTransfer images, but aren't allowed to link to the images directly.

fet6t3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who is the structure all plugin menüs of ntr cfw 3ds and who can install the ntr cheat menü?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My 3ds has 11 3 luma 3ds and a9lh and who can install the ntr cheat plugin menü please answer

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is it possible to dump virtual console games to ROM files. I'd like to dump my Pokemon Red virtual console version and play it on my phone.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to dump virtual console games to ROM files. I'd like to dump my Pokemon Red virtual console version and play it on my phone.
Just find the ROM or any ROM you want in .gb/.gbc format because there is no way to way to directly dump from VC to ROM, unless you want the .cia version.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just find the ROM or any ROM you want in .gb/.gbc format because there is no way to way to directly dump from VC to ROM, unless you want the .cia version.
Ok thanks. I was hoping for something like the opposite of Ultimate virtual console injectors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols