• Start date
  • Views 4,447,649
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

KanibalFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a problem, I had CFW on my 11.3 3ds, but I accidentally deleted all the contents on the SD card... I only have a backup of the 3ds folder, and I've managed to recover some of the files from the SD, but I don't know where all the files belong or if it's even possible to simply paste everything in. When I power on the 3ds while holding select it boots with that Luma screen, but I don't have any of the programs on the menu. Can someone help me?

nimbasas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heya!! i'm having an issue after performing the steps to a ctrtransfer. i've just finished step nine of section three here, but when I try to turn on my 3ds for the reboot i get a black screen. with the sd card out, the power light fades in blue, and immediately fades back out. with the sd card in, i can turn on my 3ds (the power light stays on and the screen is the "on" black versus the "off" black, if that makes sense) but it never brings me to the home menu. i can access luma and other software, but i can't continue without updating the system. i've followed every step to the letter: is there anything else i can do?

Last edited by nimbasas,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I have a problem, I had CFW on my 11.3 3ds, but I accidentally deleted all the contents on the SD card... I only have a backup of the 3ds folder, and I've managed to recover some of the files from the SD, but I don't know where all the files belong or if it's even possible to simply paste everything in. When I power on the 3ds while holding select it boots with that Luma screen, but I don't have any of the programs on the menu. Can someone help me?
If you're getting the Luma config screen, choose the sysNAND options and show user string in Settings. Use the D-pad and A to choose options and Start to reboot.

goldcrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I've had my 3DS XL v 9.6.0-24u and would like to play backups on a flashcart. I haven't played this in at least a year now. Last time I checked, there was gateway and sky3ds. Which would you recommend? Is there also a way of playing straight from the sd card now?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I've had my 3DS XL v 9.6.0-24u and would like to play backups on a flashcart. I haven't played this in at least a year now. Last time I checked, there was gateway and sky3ds. Which would you recommend? Is there also a way of playing straight from the sd card now?
Follow http://3ds.guide, no need for any flashcarts!

KanibalFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
What programs you don't have? Does 3ds boot to sysnand?
Yeah, I mean all the other ones like FBI or Luma are missing.

If you're getting the Luma config screen, choose the sysNAND options and show user string in Settings. Use the D-pad and A to choose options and Start to reboot.
And then? Do I just inject FBI on the security app?

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've modded my New Nintendo 3DS XL and gave it CFW capability, but I want to transfer all of my data over to a bigger micro SD card to have more room for more stuff. Can I just copy all of the files from the modded micro SD card to a fresh one and expect it to run fine or do I have to mod the new micro SD card too?

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I've modded my New Nintendo 3DS XL and gave it CFW capability, but I want to transfer all of my data over to a bigger micro SD card to have more room for more stuff. Can I just copy all of the files from the modded micro SD card to a fresh one and expect it to run fine or do I have to mod the new micro SD card too?
if you got arm9loaderhax then all you need to do is copy - paste to the new microSD.

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
One last question: I'm apparently unable to get into the Nintendo Badge Arcade because of "full SD card" or "write-protected" ever since I put CFW on my 3DS system. Is this common or not, and how can I get badges again if possible? The error code is 004-6006.

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question! When I'm at the part of injecting the FBI to Health & Safety there is no .app available even though all the apps are on files9 folder. What? The SD card is detected, everything normal, just no app to inject in the option, only hs.app which is the dump I've just made of H&S. Please help! And yeah, I'm on inject! And yeah, I'm on 11.3, updated with no problems.

Last edited by soulkyo,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
One last question: I'm apparently unable to get into the Nintendo Badge Arcade because of "full SD card" or "write-protected" ever since I put CFW on my 3DS system. Is this common or not, and how can I get badges again if possible? The error code is 004-6006.
What happens when you try a new SD card? If you don't have one, try backing up your data, formatting to FAT32 and putting it back.

byanime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi fellows, I have a question regarding convert .3ds game backups to .cia

What's the updated method to do this?

I've Luma3DS on my old 3DS and updated the system to the newest available, following the 3ds.guide website.

I got 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3 and created the ncchinfo.bin;
put ncchinfo.bin in the root of sd card;
hold select to run Decrypt9WIP while booting,created the xorpads files;
copy xorpads files into the xorpads folder in 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3;
convert .3ds file into .cia file;
put cia file onto sd card and install via FBI;
However it installes ok, but launch it will give me black screen.

I found a similar guide here
https://github.com/maorninja/Follow-up-Guide/wiki/Convert-.3ds-to-.cia
but I can't get the file slotkey_input.zip

Last edited by byanime,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi fellows, I have a question regarding convert .3ds game backups to .cia

What's the updated method to do this?

I've Luma3DS on my old 3DS and updated the system to the newest available, following the 3ds.guide website.

I got 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3 and created the ncchinfo.bin;
put ncchinfo.bin in the root of sd card;
hold select to run Decrypt9WIP while booting,created the xorpads files;
copy xorpads files into the xorpads folder in 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3;
convert .3ds file into .cia file;
put cia file onto sd card and install via FBI;
However it installes ok, but launch it will give me black screen.

I found a similar guide here
https://github.com/maorninja/Follow-up-Guide/wiki/Convert-.3ds-to-.cia
but I can't get the file slotkey_input.zip
You can do it using Decrypt9, maybe with Hourglass9.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Gateway is a CFW too so it'll be the same. You can buy sky3ds+ if you don't mind its limitations such as high price and the ability to only run cartridge-based games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game