• Views 4,527,142
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, a new problem has arisen.. i managed to get my 64gb card booting with all of the files i had on it before formatting. problem is, none of it seems to load. the 3ds looks basically like i just got it brand new - none of the cias i installed are there, fbi, ntr, hb, all gone. i believe i have emunand and i have made a backup before, is there anything i can do to restore things to their previous state short of having to "reinstall" cfw on it all over?

Vidigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, i'm really new to these kind of stuff so if you guys could answer my doubts it would be great :)
What's the purpose of hacking/change to a custom firmware your o3ds or n3ds?
Which method it's the safest and easiest one for a 11.2 o3ds?

Germaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Google "that iso site" look in there for freeshop download the .cia.
2. Put the CIA in your SD card in a folder named "CIAs".
3. Run FBI go to CIAs folder and install Freeshop
4. Open freeshop and go to the settings icon (a gear)
5. Google "that titlekey site" and get the QR code
6. Scan it.
7. Profit(?)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Did all u reccomended and managed to install and use the freeshop, tyvm guys i will enjoy this! I'm so happy i didn't break my 3ds lmao i was very scared because i love it like my son haha! great guides and great website overall!

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did all u reccomended and managed to install and use the freeshop, tyvm guys i will enjoy this! I'm so happy i didn't break my 3ds lmao i was very scared because i love it like my son haha! great guides and great website overall!
Yes im using it to play AS because my cartridge was busted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, i'm really new to these kind of stuff so if you guys could answer my doubts it would be great :)
What's the purpose of hacking/change to a custom firmware your o3ds or n3ds?
Which method it's the safest and easiest one for a 11.2 o3ds?
3ds.guide rn has the most safe and effective way to hackit. why? Well actually that page also gives you the reason why :) just give it a look.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

okay, a new problem has arisen.. i managed to get my 64gb card booting with all of the files i had on it before formatting. problem is, none of it seems to load. the 3ds looks basically like i just got it brand new - none of the cias i installed are there, fbi, ntr, hb, all gone. i believe i have emunand and i have made a backup before, is there anything i can do to restore things to their previous state short of having to "reinstall" cfw on it all over?
Check your system version. Does it say ver or sys?

Superguy2876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have previously installed homebrew launcher v1.10 on my 3dsxl old, about a year and a half ago i think. It was on firmware 9.5 at the time.

I currently have cakes, which has never been updated.

I would like to update to the latest lumaFW, but have no idea how i should go about it or which guides to follow.

here is a picture of what i currently have on my sd card. Any help would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

Attachments

• 3dsCF.PNG
    3dsCF.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 156

Jank77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

i followed the github tutorial https://github.com/KonsoleHl/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) (sorry i cant find the english site anymory)
I have a 2DS on 2.1 now and stucked on section IV in this tutorial.
My problem is that after i installed a9lh, that the luma cfw only works on 5.2. On newer versions i get a blackscreen.

And now i cant enter hourglass9, i only get a blackscreen when i press the power and start button.

On the picture there are my luma 5.2 settings. Are there right?

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 185

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a normal 3ds xl running 9.x system firmware. What's the easiest way of updating my current emunand to the latest?

I also have a gateway card. After updating to the latest emunand, can I retain my 9.x firmware and install a cfw that will co-exist with gateway? Reason is I still wish to be able to play 3ds as well as cia and be able to use hbl

Last edited by Bloodlust,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have previously installed homebrew launcher v1.10 on my 3dsxl old, about a year and a half ago i think. It was on firmware 9.5 at the time.

I currently have cakes, which has never been updated.

I would like to update to the latest lumaFW, but have no idea how i should go about it or which guides to follow.

here is a picture of what i currently have on my sd card. Any help would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

How to install
TL;DR If you're using emunand, you just need the "3ds" folder that's inside the "hax" folder in the zip and the "arm9loaderhax.bin" file, both in your SD card's root.
If you prefer to boot directly your emunand using menuhax, use the "boot.3dsx" provided in the "menuhax" folder instead.
Here is the latest luma version at the moment

Last edited by Arubaro,

Superguy2876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to install
TL;DR If you're using emunand, you just need the "3ds" folder that's inside the "hax" folder in the zip and the "arm9loaderhax.bin" file, both in your SD card's root.
If you prefer to boot directly your emunand using menuhax, use the "boot.3dsx" provided in the "menuhax" folder instead.
Here is the latest luma version at the moment

Thanks for the help. One other question, what would i have to remove from my sd card? should i just leave everything on there as is?

vonManstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, quick question.

I installed a game using a CIA package. I am now looking to replace it with the version in the freeshop, however don't want to lose my save, do I have to transfer the save over using the save tool?

Thanks!

uddevallare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thread. I have read a lot.

Is there a way to batch delete themes? I installed a dlc package from freeshop. Now I have more then 150 themes to many. How can I delete them?

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. One other question, what would i have to remove from my sd card? should i just leave everything on there as is?
Here are some in yellow you can remove
358005-Captura.PNG

There are some you could likely delete too, but i'm not sure which apps are they from, maybe other user has some more info
(I presume the ropbinpayload_menuhax with the lower number is the 9.2 one, so you can probably delete the other one. Make a backup just in case)

xitrum4692

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. Something weird had happened today when I tried to export the saves of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition from a cart to the sd card (on my N3DS CFW-ed) and import them to the cia version of the game: my marriage had been messed up. I was married to Azura, and now my wife is Felicia. It's not that I don't like Felicia though, but still... Everything else stays the same, even the kids. The cia version was the patched one with swimming suits and same sex married. Have anybody encountered anything like that?

Jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Is it safe to play Pokemon SuMo using freeshop or is there still a chance to get banned?
My second question is: i live in europe and i play super smash bros usa version online and experience a lot of lag, will downloading europe version reduce lag or will it be the same?
Thank you!

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to follow plailects guide but I cant get the CTR transfer download link to work so Im stuck on the Decrypt9 step. Does anyone kno where I can find the 2.1.0 US ctr zip?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to follow plailects guide but I cant get the CTR transfer download link to work so Im stuck on the Decrypt9 step. Does anyone kno where I can find the 2.1.0 US ctr zip?
You need a torrent to make it work. I had some trouble too using Deluge.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: @K3Nv2 don't seem much different from last year'