• Views 4,525,787
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I just want to ask that are New 3ds more vulnerable to brick even after following the Plailect's guide?
It's recommended to format the system before you do the guide to prevent bricks. As long as you don't do anything to your sysNAND after following Plailect's guide and if you follow Plailect's guide TO A T and if you don't skip ANY steps, you should not have any problems or brick. Most of the known bricks are from user error, such as using the wrong downgrade pack for your system. n3DS(XL) systems must use the n3DS downgrade pack, and o3DS(XL)/2DS systems must use the o3DS/2DS downgrade pack.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I held select to get into Luma. What option should I select?

13895301_10154564901100809_5045934796957130462_n.jpg

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's recommended to format the system before you do the guide to prevent bricks. As long as you don't do anything to your sysNAND after following Plailect's guide and if you follow Plailect's guide TO A T and if you don't skip ANY steps, you should not have any problems or brick. Most of the known bricks are from user error, such as using the wrong downgrade pack for your system. n3DS(XL) systems must use the n3DS downgrade pack, and o3DS(XL)/2DS systems must use the o3DS/2DS downgrade pack.
Thanks once again, I have to format my 3ds even if it's brand new? And by beginning, you mean before doing the browser hax? Any more special instruction for New 3ds users which is not in the guide? I would appreciate the help!

lbrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm almost ready to install a9lh, but my emunand_original doesn't have fbi injected. I don't think this would be a problem, but I'd feel safe if someone approved.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost ready to install a9lh, but my emunand_original doesn't have fbi injected. I don't think this would be a problem, but I'd feel safe if someone approved.
Follow Section II - Injecting FBI on Part 4 to reinject FBI after installing A9LH except replace EmuNAND with SysNAND.

I held select to get into Luma. What option should I select?

13895301_10154564901100809_5045934796957130462_n.jpg
If you're in Part 4, just hit Start to save and boot into Luma.

Thanks once again, I have to format my 3ds even if it's brand new? And by beginning, you mean before doing the browser hax? Any more special instruction for New 3ds users which is not in the guide? I would appreciate the help!
I would go ahead and format it just to be safe. And yes, before you start Part 1. I don't think that there are any other special instructions other than read ahead and make sure you understand what you're doing.

Reactions: steveroo

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, when I enter Luma I check settings and it shows EMU9.2.0-20u. I re-enter Luma just to double check there is a emu. After the second time it shows ver. 9.2.0 no emu. I did see some presents delivered from Nintendo. Could Wifi be the problem?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, when I enter Luma I check settings and it shows EMU9.2.0-20u. I re-enter Luma just to double check there is a emu. After the second time it shows ver. 9.2.0 no emu. I did see some presents delivered from Nintendo. Could Wifi be the problem?
When you exit System Settings, you are in SysNAND. You have to use the Homebrew Launcher to reboot back into Luma3DS.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't see emu9.2.0 then is not emunand, is not the CFW. You must see that in order to be using CFW. Also each time you enter settings the system reboots, back into sysnand when you exit, so you need to remember to load Luma CFW again

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Part 1 - Homebrew Was the second step after upgrading. Yes, I do have menuhax and I see it in Homebrew. Thanks for your help :)

After changing EMUNand theme colour and looking at settings, SYSNand's theme colour will be the same as EMU's.

Last edited by steveroo,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part 1 - Homebrew Was the second step after upgrading. Yes, I do have menuhax and I see it in Homebrew. Thanks for your help :)
What version of menuhax do you see in your Homebrew Launcher? If you see v2.2, you'll want to download v3.0 from here and replace the menuhax files you have in your 3ds folder and re-setup menuhax from v3.0.

lbrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I finally set everything up, thanks for all the help. When I couldn't boot to anything after installing al9h, "how could this happen to me" played in my mind, but then I deleted luma cfg and everything went fine then.

Joichiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, im new here. i got a N3DS XL (FW 10.3U) gifted from a friend a week ago. it's brand new and it does not have any kind of modification / exploit. Where should i start to get the most easy / noob friendly CFW? a friend of mine recommended me to try luma3DS but i don't understand exactly how to get it installed.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im new here. i got a N3DS XL (FW 10.3U) gifted from a friend a week ago. it's brand new and it does not have any kind of modification / exploit. Where should i start to get the most easy / noob friendly CFW? a friend of mine recommended me to try luma3DS but i don't understand exactly how to get it installed.
many people will recommend starting here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

since it's brand new and probably has no games/saves, you should format it first before you begin.

I'd recommend following it through to the end (part 1 to 5). it will have the least amount of issues.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: Joichiro

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. Follow Part 1 to Part 3 and do Section II on Part 4 only if you plan on installing CIA (aka downloaded 3DS games) files.

Edit: Ninja'd

Reactions: Joichiro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land