Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can gather...
Gateway doesn't work with 11.0
sky3ds works with 11.0
There might be other flashcarts?

so I'm asking, does sky3ds really work with 11.0? Is there a way to cheat with the sky3ds like using it to run the NTR CFW?

Yes
ntr cfw requires you to have cfw already (it is an installed cia which patches itself into the fw or some other black magic). Sky3ds works with 11.0 afaik, but honestly, you are probably better off buying a new ds below 10.7, downgrading it, setting up cfw, etc. then system transferring and selling your current one (if this is possible to do).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntr cfw requires you to have cfw already (it is an installed cia which patches itself into the fw or some other black magic). Sky3ds works with 11.0 afaik, but honestly, you are probably better off buying a new ds below 10.7, downgrading it, setting up cfw, etc. then system transferring and selling your current one (if this is possible to do).
She doesn't want any CFW just her pokemon data edited to fit her situation.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

lilpakrat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as your system isn't 11.0, You can follow a guide on github to install either Emunand or a9lh on the system and play roms Via cia install. :)

If you have 11.0 Most likely you could use other means of downgrade like a hard mod or use a dsiware exploit or just use flashcart.

Use this page for more info. :D
It tells you your options for what system you happen to aquire.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

This guide takes a bit to absorb but I think I'm understanding the gist of the requirements.

1. I downgrade my system to 9.2, most likely using browserhax
2. I install a cfw that allows me to run non-signatured cias.

Now I assume I will need a normal micro-sd card to install the homebrew files, then I will need to insert a flashcart to play custom roms?

Or would I be able to load games onto a micro-sd and load a variety of games through homebrew like how you could on the wii (my only experience with homebrew). On the wii I hacked an external hard drive and loaded it with roms. Then through homebrew, I would have a "virtual" library that I could pick any game I wanted to load.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide takes a bit to absorb but I think I'm understanding the gist of the requirements.

1. I downgrade my system to 9.2, most likely using browserhax
2. I install a cfw that allows me to run non-signatured cias.

Now I assume I will need a normal micro-sd card to install the homebrew files, then I will need to insert a flashcart to play custom roms?

Or would I be able to load games onto a micro-sd and load a variety of games through homebrew like how you could on the wii (my only experience with homebrew). On the wii I hacked an external hard drive and loaded it with roms. Then through homebrew, I would have a "virtual" library that I could pick any game I wanted to load.
If you have the CFW you don't really need the flashcart, You would install the roms into the system to function as if you bought them from eshop. If you are using a new 3DS system yes you need a Micro sd card. If not, Use a regular size SD card. It isn't recommended to use any size higher than 32 GB but you can if you wish to, You must format it to fat 32 First.

lilpakrat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you :)

Now I'm assuming I won't be able to play any games online if I'm running on a lower system version and using a downloaded rom? However,for example, I bought Smash Brothers, could I still play online after I modded my system?

Is there also a safe place to download roms?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you :)

Now I'm assuming I won't be able to play any games online if I'm running on a lower system version and using a downloaded rom? However, if for example I bought Smash Brothers, could I still play online after I modded my system?

Is there also a safe place to download roms?
1) Once you have cfw and emunand, you can freely update emunand, but make sure you are in emunand (if you follow pailects guide, your system settings should say "emu [firmware]") I think you are able to go online with a homebrew app called ctr(?)-httppwn.
2) CIAs are safe to be played online
3) Probably the safest way of downloading games is by using something like freeshop or ciangel, but if you don't want to make your ds do the work (because its slow) you can google "that iso site" (don't post the link here, etc.) and it is probably one of the better places to get roms.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Once you have cfw and emunand, you can freely update emunand, but make sure you are in emunand (if you follow pailects guide, your system settings should say "emu [firmware]") I think you are able to go online with a homebrew app called ctr(?)-httppwn.
2) CIAs are safe to be played online
3) Probably the safest way of downloading games is by using something like freeshop or ciangel, but if you don't want to make your ds do the work (because its slow) you can google "that iso site" (don't post the link here, etc.) and it is probably one of the better places to get roms.
Warning, using freeshop or Ciangel does not mean that every game is available. Only the games with shared title keys (in other words someone has to intentionally share them) Before one can find the desired game. If a game is not there, it is not available, please do not ask why, or if someone can make it available, or when it will be. It is strictly voluntary and their decision to do so or not. However you can also conrtibute by anonymously sharing the titlekeys of your purchases that others may use.

Just felt it should be said :)

hommerfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
because i have a 10.3emunand
it s safe or not to update with this config in luma3ds
  • « Autoboot SysNAND »
  • « SysNAND is updated »
  • « Force A9LH detection »
  • « Show current NAND in System Settings »
  • « Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM »
this option is activated

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because i have a 10.3emunand
it s safe or not to update with this config in luma3ds
  • « Autoboot SysNAND »
  • « SysNAND is updated »
  • « Force A9LH detection »
  • « Show current NAND in System Settings »
  • « Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM »
this option is activated

Yes is safe to update with that CFW. Also, you don't really need the boot screen GBA on, it really doesn't do anything besides take 5 more seconds to start your GBA games by showing that annoying GBA boot screen like real GBA does when you turn it on.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have a 8 gb SD card with luma cfw installed permanently. Can I just copy the content to new 64 gb SD card or there a special procedure for it?

By the way, what is the new fw and was it already support hardmod for cfw yet? I planned to pre order the Mario land version of new 3ds. Does it also supports hardmod or it comes with new fw?

Last edited by mwahaha,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a 8 gb SD card with luma cfw installed permanently. Can I just copy the content to new 64 gb SD card or there a special procedure for it?

By the way, what is the new fw and was it already support hardmod for cfw yet? I planned to pre order the Mario land version of new 3ds. Does it also supports hardmod or it comes with new fw?
Yes but format the 64GB card with GuiFormat first (to FAT32).
11.0 is the newest firmware and yes you can use a hardmod to downgrade.

lbrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys, I'm doing part 3 of github guide. When i backed up 9.2.0 sysnand, Emunand9 worked after second try, but now i can't get it to work, tried to launch it like 10 times, and it's black screen all the time.
Nvm tried again and it worked xD

Last edited by lbrt,

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes but format the 64GB card with GuiFormat first (to FAT32).
11.0 is the newest firmware and yes you can use a hardmod to downgrade.

How about semi permanent cfw? Can it still works with just copy and paste? And what is the real difference between permanent, semipermanent and autoboot? Because I often heard this.

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does microSD speed matter for DS flashcard on a 3DS? Such as ones with 30mb/s, 48/mbs, 80mb/s etc. The higher the better or is the flashcard bottlenecked at certain speed?

Dezz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAs are installed to your home menu and act like purchased eShop games. There's no game a Gateway cartridge can play that you can't install (in fact it's the other way around - there's loads of little eShop games and homebrew apps you can install that you probably can't find a .3ds of).
All Gateway cartridges are the same - there have been no physical revisions of the Gateway over its whole life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, games installed become specific to your device.
You can make a cia from a game card by using Decrypt9 to dump it and convert it (not 100% sure on the process). It is easier though to use freeShop to download & install directly, or find the .cia to download on your PC and install manually with FBI (in the case that the game is not available on freeShop).

Ahh okay, so I should get it an do the a9lh setup right? I should be able to get it without an alternate "bypass" (ie able to use browserhax instead of the other methods) an ANY 10.7.0 firmware right?

Last edited by Dezz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT