• Views 4,545,340
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever had a issue with a game update in .cia format installing fine before unlinking NANDS but no longer installs after unlinking NANDS?

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Guys!
If i buy a 3DS with System Software Ver. 4.1.0-0E do i need a R4i card or something plus to buy to run "backups" ? Or i can update to 9.2.0 and after then i can run anything from a simple SD card or microsd to SD adapter?

Okay i read the FAQ if u want please delete the post. Thx and sry.

Q: I heard about this thing I have to pay for (Gateway, Sky3DS, etc), is that something I need?
A: No. arm9loaderhax is a superior method of loading hax that runs early in boot and opens up the opportunity for things such as true custom firmware.

Last edited by Cava,

DatakadjrBkajsbr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
One question
I have A9LH installed and working fine with luma.
I know i can update luma - just copy new version to sd card.
You think in future there will be newer version of a9lh and i have to update it? Or there will be only luma and cakes updates?

Nesph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys!

I have a n3DS with AuReiNand (Luma3DS now, I think?) which boots using CtrBootManager.
I'd like to use cheats in my games (installed as .cia on my emuNAND), do I need to install the NTR cfw alongside Luma3DS or can I somehow inject the cheat codes in an open game?

I'm asking because I read somewhere that there was a way to use cheats by scanning QR codes in the browser while playing, or something...

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello guys!

I have a n3DS with AuReiNand (Luma3DS now, I think?) which boots using CtrBootManager.
I'd like to use cheats in my games (installed as .cia on my emuNAND), do I need to install the NTR cfw alongside Luma3DS or can I somehow inject the cheat codes in an open game?

I'm asking because I read somewhere that there was a way to use cheats by scanning QR codes in the browser while playing, or something...
QR Codes workaround only works on <10.3. Butbyeah just install NTR and put the .plg in the correct folder and launch it. Youll have to reboot your 3ds every time you want to change games.

Sent from a fucking cm13 phone

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QR Codes workaround only works on <10.3. Butbyeah just install NTR and put the .plg in the correct folder and launch it. Youll have to reboot your 3ds every time you want to change games.

To elaborate on the rebooting - this is an NTR thing. Presumably because it doesn't properly unload the plg file. It is listed under known bugs however so hopefully it will get fixed soon[emoji769]

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys I have a N3DS on 10.7 EUR, and a O3DS 4.5 EUR with GATEWAY Card, is there anyway to downgrade the N3DS without buying any extra?
No. The only exploits on 10.7 are super mystery dungeon hax, oothax and ninjhax all which could be ran from gayway, but gayway doesn't support 10.7 until they update Soon[emoji769]

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
One question
I have A9LH installed and working fine with luma.
I know i can update luma - just copy new version to sd card.
You think in future there will be newer version of a9lh and i have to update it? Or there will be only luma and cakes updates?

If there will be updates to a9lh it will definitely be posted on the forum so just keep an eye out. This however is very unlikely to happen.

Reactions: DatakadjrBkajsbr

John2568

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stuck on Part 3 - RedNAND

after this part

Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings"
Press Start to boot RedNAND (you must launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot RedNAND)

how i reboot in this part
Reboot into SysNAND and get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice (menuhax will always launch the Homebrew Launcher from SysNAND)
Open TinyFormat

I can not load homebrew for the life of me after doing the part to activate rednand just hangs

Nesph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thank you. I'm trying to install NTR but I can't seem to be able to do it, as I'm receiving a "firmware unsupported" error while starting from the BootNTR .cia file on my homescreen (emuNAND 10.7.0). Any idea as to why? Is 10.7 unsupported?

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thank you. I'm trying to install NTR but I can't seem to be able to do it, as I'm receiving a "firmware unsupported" error while starting from the BootNTR .cia file on my homescreen (emuNAND 10.7.0). Any idea as to why? Is 10.7 unsupported?
rename any firmware_emu (or any variant with emu) to .bak from your aurei folder

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda a dumb question, but where do installed CIA games go? Am I ok to delete the CIA file from my card?
When you install a cia (non-system ones) they install on your "nintendo 3ds" folder in your SD card and once done, you can delete the cia file if you want.

Nesph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rename any firmware_emu (or any variant with emu) to .bak from your aurei folder

It doesn't seem to work, I'm getting the same error... Also I've checked again my aurei folder after trying and the firmware_emu that I renamed to .bak was created again as .bin.

Nesph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Make sure you have the right NTR bin file on the root

I do. I downloaded it from the official github page, then tried the public beta for n3DS too, but still "Current firmware not supported".

EDIT: FIXED IT. For anyone who should have the same problem, here is what I did...

- I updated AuReiNand (I was on version 4.2.7) to Luma3DS, for starters;
- I deleted all "_patched" firmwares in the aurei/luma folder, then deleted the config file too;
- I then put the NTR firmware.bin that I found in the "Luma3DS Wiki" in the aurei/luma folder, replacing the old file that I had;
- After booting, I re-configured Luma3DS as I needed to, and I was then able to install the BootNTR.cia without any problems.

juandiego1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi! I have a question about hardmodding! I need to dump a NAND.BIN file to a o3ds and I don't have a SD card reader but I do have a MicroSD card reader! now.. conecting the motherbord to an MicroSD is very difficult and seemingly impossible but!..
Can I hardmod my 3ds to a MicroSD card reader to dump my NAND.BIN?
(conecting everything to the corresponding pins and sending it to someone who knows what they are doing!)
will this work? and could I restor my o3ds with this??

EDIT:It's just an connect/dump/disconnect type of modd..

Last edited by juandiego1993,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...