Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Downgraded to 9.2.0-20U and spent a good weekend trying to keep up with the immense library of homebrew and everything involved. Currently trying get a CFW on my system but I wanted to know: which CFWs are available, which are good, and why?

Thanks!
On N3DS you can use ReiNand or Cakes, on old 3DS, rxTools or Cakes. RxTools can be used on N3DS too but it has problems. I'd recommend ReiNand on N3DS and rxTools on old 3DS (haven't experienced Cakes on old 3DS).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all, New to 3DS CFW.
I have a o3DS which was in 10.3.0-28U.
I used browserhax -> menuhax -> sysUpdater to downgrade it to 9.2.0-20u.

What I am planning to do is to install emunand and upgrade it to 10.6
then system transfer emunand 10.6 + NNID onto a new3ds.
I would then keep the o3DS for homebrew etc. and use the new3ds as my legit system.

Is this possible? What is the best way to go about doing this?
Alternatively, I can ask Nintendo to transfer the NNID to the new system before going further with my o3ds?

*Top priority - NNID is linked to Pokebank. Want to use it on the new3ds.

Thanks alot in advance.
If you can get an n3ds on 10.3 or less (should be very easy), you can perform a system transfer from emunand to emunand after downgrading it and setting up emunand. If you're set on having a legit 3ds, you can still perform a system transfer pretty easily. In both cases choose the wireless data transfer option (not moving sd cards) since any console running emunand will crash if you remove its sd card).

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

When I install .cia's on an O3DS from my SD using DevMenu, the percentage goes up with a slight pause in between each number (the bursts of data are slower, as the numbers rise with a maybe half-second gap..) I install the same .cia on a 2DS side by side the 2DS is much quicker... I am guessing this could be my format of the card? (Class 10 integral MSD).. Is there a recommended format for the card? Thanks!

Can I unlink 2 NANDs by format sysNAND with TinyFormat?

If you mean unlink Sys and Emu.. Yes, thats what it does.

Reactions: x_master_1234

sawada91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a very noobish question to do. I did the homebrew thing and .cia files work great, but now my brother is asking me if I can find a savegame for him. Is it possible to use a savegame of another users with .cia games? Is there a site where i can find them? Thank you.

x_master_1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all

When I install .cia's on an O3DS from my SD using DevMenu, the percentage goes up with a slight pause in between each number (the bursts of data are slower, as the numbers rise with a maybe half-second gap..) I install the same .cia on a 2DS side by side the 2DS is much quicker... I am guessing this could be my format of the card? (Class 10 integral MSD).. Is there a recommended format for the card? Thanks!

If you mean unlink Sys and Emu.. Yes, thats what it does.
My emuNAND is 10.6 and sysNAND is 9.2.
Can I do it without any problem?

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

I'm also new to 3DS hacking and was wondering if those of you who've been doing it for a while could answer a few questions for me.

I live live in the UK but I am on a USA N3DS with the newest official firmware (10.6.0.31 I believe at the moment) that I bought in the USA and brought home.

I have got oot3dhax working to boot homebrew and region free carts but would now like to do more namely get roms/backups/cias etc working.

As far as I am aware, with a firmware as new as mine, cfw and downgrading to install cfw are totally non-options and the only route I can go down is flash carts, correct?

It also seems that the most famous card, Gateway, only works on firmware v9 at the highest, so that is also out.

I have been looking into sky3ds plus and it seems quite promising but I have not seen it talked about a lot on gbatemp other than a review so I wanted to ask if it would be my best choice for flash cart?

And finally, if I were to get a sky3ds plus, would I be able to use my datel powersaves to backup the saves off my retail carts, put them on the sky3ds plus micro sd card and then use the saves with the .3ds roms on the sky3ds plus?

Many thanks and I look forward to any help you can give me!

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware to be 10.3.28 or under, ask to see the unit working, press System Settings, the bottom right number. Thats it.
Thanks I knew how to check the version I've just not really been in the scene and haven't known if there is anything different with the n3ds when it comes to firmware versions and such

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very noobish question to do. I did the homebrew thing and .cia files work great, but now my brother is asking me if I can find a savegame for him. Is it possible to use a savegame of another users with .cia games? Is there a site where i can find them? Thank you.
Yes you can, it just a save file.

Note, you have to uses tools like svdt, save manager, savedatafiler, or K's save manager to do so.
Back up your save, replace it with the file you get, then import save back into the game.

Idk where to get save files.

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Lo,

Tryingto downgrade my 3dsxl which is on 9.9.0-26e using the tutorial here but it I seem to be running into this issue:
"IF THE BROWSER NAGS YOU AFTER SETTING UP THE DNS, THAT MEANS YOU HAVEN'T USED THE BROWSER SINCE UPGRADING TO 9.9. Use a different entrypoint like Ninjhax, Smashhax or OoT3Dhax."

Have there been any new developments that will allow access to homebrew/ downgrade etc without having to buy one of those titles?

Thanks

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lo,

Tryingto downgrade my 3dsxl which is on 9.9.0-26e using the tutorial here but it I seem to be running into this issue:
"IF THE BROWSER NAGS YOU AFTER SETTING UP THE DNS, THAT MEANS YOU HAVEN'T USED THE BROWSER SINCE UPGRADING TO 9.9. Use a different entrypoint like Ninjhax, Smashhax or OoT3Dhax."

Have there been any new developments that will allow access to homebrew/ downgrade etc without having to buy one of those titles?

Thanks
mai boi https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-bypass-the-browser-nag.416262/

Reactions: pin

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on buying an EU N3ds (small) as they're a bit cheaper than buying the Pokemon edition USA ones here and I have a question. What would the general process be to downgrade and install emunand on it and then region change to USA and install my current O3DS emunand to it? If I wanted access to the USA EShop, would I have to region change the sysnand as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk