• Start date
  • Views 4,541,021
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'm going to do that. Is it possible to uninstall that exploit later on if I need to as it seems to affect the sysnand
It is (see the last part of the FAQ), but you must be very careful so as not to brick your 3ds. If you want to set up your NNID on sysnand for some reason, you must do that before installing the DS profile exploit, as the system menu will no longer have NNID option on it.

Hopefully Gateway will add the ability to restore the system menu automatically through their launcher.

Last edited by genericuser,

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
It is (see the last part of the FAQ), but you must be very careful so as not to brick your 3ds. If you want to set up your NNID on sysnand for some reason, you must do that before installing the DS profile exploit, as the system menu will no longer have NNID option on it.

Hopefully Gateway will add the ability to restore the system menu automatically through their launcher.

Hmm yeah forgot about the nnid stuff. To be honest I have a sky set up with both oot and cn to boot gateway right now so it's equally as quick as going to system settings only difference is having to have both cards on hand

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to "disable" the EMUNAND partition without delete it or format the SD CARD? I want to be able to switch with SYSNAND mode & EMUNAND mode using rxtools

drinkmen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
now i have working 3ds and ds games with gateway, but when i have my n3ds complete upgrade to GATEWAY ULTRA v3.2.2 working without Zelda Ocarina of Time to boot up into Gateway mode and i boot to sysnand for use blue GW card, it ok ND games working but i lost my emunand hack for easy way for NINTENDO DS profile. Any idea?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i have working 3ds and ds games with gateway, but when i have my n3ds complete upgrade to GATEWAY ULTRA v3.2.2 working without Zelda Ocarina of Time to boot up into Gateway mode and i boot to sysnand for use blue GW card, it ok ND games working but i lost my emunand hack for easy way for NINTENDO DS profile. Any idea?
Use your blue card to run GW_INSTALLER.nds to reinstall the NVRAM profile. Running DS mode software tends to clear out that profile, but it's easy to reinstall and have the exploit working again. You don't have to reinstall any of the CIA files or do anything else.

Da_maniaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys,
Been a very long time since i was last on these forums. :)
I got myself a deal on a Black 3DS New and decided to get it! Therefore i also ordered a R4 3DS Gold card and this is now working fine with the 3DS.
Thing is, my 3DS keeps bothering me for updating the firmware and currently i have version 9.6 installed i believe.
Is there a website where i can check for the very latest firmware that is offered by nintendo so i can check this with the R4 website and be 100% sure i won't turn my R4 card incompatible after updating?
I think 9.8 is the latest firmware and R4 reports this should work perfectly fine (same as 9.6), but i just want to be 100% sure before i'm stuck with a gameless handheld. :P

Anyone? :)

CosmicMeteor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yo. To get things started, I just registered, but I frankly was already spying on this forum since 4.5xx days... This ain't new right? :lol:.

Okay. So my question is, can 3dz saves be used as a save to cia games (Basically you convert one game to cia, then can the 3dz save be used again?). And also, will the whole 1,6 GB/2.1 GB space left on SD card be required?

That's all. Thanks for reading. I'll await my answers.

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to "disable" the EMUNAND partition without delete it or format the SD CARD? I want to be able to switch with SYSNAND mode & EMUNAND mode using rxtools
Hold the B button and press A when selecting gateway mode when the gateway menu. Then press X to confirm. This will boot into the sysnand with gateway mode enabled. Be careful in the sysnand though. This information and more can be found in the official gateway manual (n3ds/o3ds), although I think this is only mentioned in the n3ds manual.

Yo. To get things started, I just registered, but I frankly was already spying on this forum since 4.5xx days... This ain't new right? :lol:.

Okay. So my question is, can 3dz saves be used as a save to cia games (Basically you convert one game to cia, then can the 3dz save be used again?). And also, will the whole 1,6 GB/2.1 GB space left on SD card be required?

That's all. Thanks for reading. I'll await my answers.

Try this thread. Will the whole whatever GB space on the SD card be required? I couldn't say for sure, because I have never converted saves, but I highly doubt it, as the saves are usually pretty small.

Last edited by genericuser,
Reactions: CosmicMeteor

CosmicMeteor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Try this thread. Will the whole whatever GB space on the SD card be required? I couldn't say for sure, because I have never converted saves, but I highly doubt it, as the saves are usually pretty small.
I assume it's 3DS/3DZ to eShop? (Welp. For a long time lurker I sure am a noob)

That whole 1.6 Gigs actually come from Smash 3DS release, which requires you to have 1.6 Gigs space on SD card or else it won't boot. Will this still apply to CIA or not? Well, EmuNand DOES eat up GBs :lol:.

unrealbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not as familiar with the Sky3DS as I am with Gateway, but to the best of my knowledge, this will only work on an exploitable system (one with System Version 9.2 or below). I used the Gateway menu to dump my retail Etrian Odyssey IV card and used the header from it for my online games, and it's worked just fine. I believe with Sky3DS, you use the header to alter your template file rather than the rom files directly, but I'm not 100% sure of the process.

A second-hand system can be just about anywhere in terms of System Version, since most places that buy them won't bother to update them after they get them. There's actually a fairly good chance that it'll be on an exploitable version. I know Gamestop allows returns on used items within 7 days for full refund for any reason, so if it's not exploitable, you could go that route. If the system is not exploitable and you don't wish to return it, you can try obtaining a private header from someone on the forums.

Ok i received it and it is on 9.4, so just buy the Sky3DS and maybe try and get a private header from someone on the forum i guess?

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume it's 3DS/3DZ to eShop? (Welp. For a long time lurker I sure am a noob)

That whole 1.6 Gigs actually come from Smash 3DS release, which requires you to have 1.6 Gigs space on SD card or else it won't boot. Will this still apply to CIA or not? Well, EmuNand DOES eat up GBs :lol:.

You should be able to go either way (3DS/3DZ > eshop, or eshop > 3DS/3DZ). If you have 3DZ, I gather this is an original cartridge dump, in which case you need cubic ninja and pasta CFW and savedatafiler. However, the thread does mention card1 games and not card2. I don't know whether ssb is card2 or whether card2 will work, but it's worth a try.

As for the free space, I couldn't say. SD cards are pretty cheap though, so I wouldn't worry. If you can't find out, just try it and see.

Ok i received it and it is on 9.4, so just buy the Sky3DS and maybe try and get a private header from someone on the forum i guess?

I think ronhero sells private headers if you're interested.

CosmicMeteor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not getting your terms. But I can tell you that I downloaded it from Interent and I tucked it in with Luigi's Mansion public header (Hence the CIA converting).

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
Not getting your terms. But I can tell you that I downloaded it from Interent and I tucked it in with Luigi's Mansion public header (Hence the CIA converting).
Okay. Well I had another look at that thread, and I can't see any reason it shouldn't work. You won't need to use custom firmware, just follow the steps at the top of the thread.

Reactions: CosmicMeteor

DanielC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.2 and I can successfully run the new rxtools browser exploit. Where do I go from here to being able to install 3DS games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on...