• Views 4,544,883
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer a Cart1 savefile from a gateway 3ds to a non-gateway 3ds with the game downloaded from the eshop?

If the non-gateway system is a new 3ds on firmware 8.1~9.2, yes.
If the non-gateway system is an old 3ds on firmware 4.1~4.5, yes.

Otherwise no.

OngakuAikoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i am going to buy a Nintendo 3ds with a flashcard which can play 3ds roms, i wanted to know which flashcard could brick my 3ds and which won't and if i don't go online, i am safe?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I've ever seen anyone get brick by going online, so just pick any flashcarts
being banned though, is another case and happened on both gateway and sky3ds

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i am going to buy a Nintendo 3ds with a flashcard which can play 3ds roms, i wanted to know which flashcard could brick my 3ds and which won't and if i don't go online, i am safe?
A flashcart is not going to brick your 3ds unless you do something stupid. Know what you are doing before you do it and all will be well. As long as you make proper backups an simple inexpensive hardware mod can fix almost all instances of bricking when people screw up.

On line bans are the result of using public headers and not taking the effort to use a private header.

F3l1xbxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys,
I think i messed up, I recently got a new 3ds, monster hunter edition, since it was on 9.2 and I have a gateway Card i thought, well, why not, so I started the OOT exploit, made a sysnand backup, then i formated emunand. The point is, now i dont have the monster hunter game, in the 3ds folder i have 2 folders... So, is there any way to recover the monster hunter or am i screwed?

Sorry if i was a lil confusing.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys,
I think i messed up, I recently got a new 3ds, monster hunter edition, since it was on 9.2 and I have a gateway Card i thought, well, why not, so I started the OOT exploit, made a sysnand backup, then i formated emunand. The point is, now i dont have the monster hunter game, in the 3ds folder i have 2 folders... So, is there any way to recover the monster hunter or am i screwed?

Sorry if i was a lil confusing.

You were told when formatting emunand that all data on the SD card would be deleted, right?

You can try using NTR to access the eshop on your 9.2 sysnand and see if it is available to re-download: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/

Or, luckily in your case the monster hunter game is one of the few that has been dumped as a signed cia - you can just download it and install it to sysnand using ninjhax + FBI. Or install to emunand using whatever cia installer you prefer.

8bittears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright thanks for the suggestions but I think 3DNUS sounds too risky to me... And emuNAND does not work with ACNL hacks so pointless to do any backups with emuNAND there and ~$34 to buy Code Name: S.T.E.A.M to update to 9.4, I mind as well get PowerSaves Pro for $15. Plus my original DS on hand is already 9.7 so that would still mean I need to find another DS. Mind as well find one at the firmware I need. Last resort, maybe I'll get the game to update.

For anyone reading this, PowerSaves lets you do some ACNL cheats (e.g., unlimited money, spawn items, etc.) and for other games but no where near the level of what you can do with LeafTools (e.g. kicking out villagers) and the map editor (e.g. replacing villagers, completely change your map layout in regards to building placements, etc.).

Just wanted to update folks on this that persistence matters. I got a text back from a guy on craigslist out of a bunch I contacted and I lucked out, got his refurbished 3DS XL for $100, best of all he told me he almost updated it but didn't, it was 9.0.0-20U. I feel pretty lucky because I was so close to paying out $145 for a similar DS but decided to hold it out. Happily enjoying ACNL hacks now. PowerSaves might hold some other people over for like $15 on Amazon, but for me, I'm a pixel-perfection freak so I have to go all the way.

tl;dr

I lived happily ever after.

F3l1xbxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You were told when formatting emunand that all data on the SD card would be deleted, right?

You can try using NTR to access the eshop on your 9.2 sysnand and see if it is available to re-download: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/

Or, luckily in your case the monster hunter game is one of the few that has been dumped as a signed cia - you can just download it and install it to sysnand using ninjhax + FBI. Or install to emunand using whatever cia installer you prefer.

Tks I will look into that options and see whats the best :) ty

rich6619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the scene and have been doing a lot of reading but finding it hard to get a clear answer on a lot of the current options. I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer my questions or at least give me recommendation.

Currently I have 2 3ds's:

- N3ds XL - Syetem Version 9.0.0-20U

- 3ds XL - Syetem Version 4.5.0-9U

I also have a copy of Cubic Ninja. I am wanting to be able to run homebrew and be able to run backups of my current games I have, whether it be homebrew on one 3ds and backups on the other or backups and homebrew on one. Also I do not want to use a gateway, sky3ds etc. So I'm guessing my best bet would be using a CFW. I have read up on a few and see there are few to be released in the near future.

Recently I installed Paladin cfw on my 3ds xl with this method . I was using BigBlueMenu and was able to install one of my backups but when installing the second backup .cia with bigbluemenu I started to get problems (freezing in bigbluemenu, unable to uninstall .cia or run the installed one), so I reverted back to my bakcup nand and am currently on 4.5.0-9u with no cfw installed and no emunand.

I have yet to install the Ninjhax explot on the the n3ds.

If anyone could point me out some things it would be great, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...