• Views 4,448,017
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question. Can I use my own dumped Pokemon Y rom with pokebank?
As in, I am gonna select the Pokemon Y rom with gateway rom selector and load up pokebank. Will it recognize the pokemon y and work with it?

I dont have pokebank on the 4.5 3DS yet, so I dont wanna buy pokebank unless it works.

Devrim

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to run emunand as a game? I mean, you can run whatever you want with sky3ds card it seems, if you pack the emunand as a game...

From what I understand the emunand runs on top of the normal OS?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the new Pokemon being released this month, assuming it still uses the 7.x keys...

We should be able to convert the game to CIA, right?
And we should be able to extract > decrypt the save file, right? (With SaveDateFiler)

Or if it is a NAND2 game, only from the physical cartridge?

Thanks for clearing my questions up!

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Two questions:

1) Where are the saves of digital games stored? In the NAND?

2) What happens if you access the eShop after installing DLC or a digital title via .cia files? Does it get deleted? Do you get blocked from the eShop?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got some really noob questions about file naming
can i rename the sav files on my SD generated by GW and have them still work? can i rename them to the name of the game?
can i rename the .3ds files ,i assume i can do this since some .3ds are title ID and some are named as the game name,
i assume it does not work like DS where the rom file and sav file needed to be named the same

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run emunand as a game? I mean, you can run whatever you want with sky3ds card it seems, if you pack the emunand as a game...

From what I understand the emunand runs on top of the normal OS?

From my understanding, the way the sky3ds card works is by emulating a normal game card. As such, the games still need to be signed properly. Unfortunately, the only way you can run something like that would be if the keys for signing cartridges get leaked.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i dont think my question will be answered because of my last tries in here but
Everytime i shut down my 3DS, the icons on the homescreen dont save it's positions. So, everytime i enter gateway mode they all are like messed up.
How do i fix that?

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around and cant seem to find a tutorial that tells you how to update gateway 3ds from 2.2 to newest release (and all that needs updating with it). Can someone please point me in the right direction, whether here or another site? I just don't want to mess it up for my daughter. (I know this question probably gets asked a lot but cant find it),

thank you in advance,

HateMondays

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
360voice.gamerdna.com
XP
Country
I've looked around and cant seem to find a tutorial that tells you how to update gateway 3ds from 2.2 to newest release (and all that needs updating with it). Can someone please point me in the right direction, whether here or another site? I just don't want to mess it up for my daughter. (I know this question probably gets asked a lot but cant find it),

thank you in advance,

Just get the latest launcher.dat from the Gateway Release and replace the one on your 3DS's SD Card

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we allowed to ask for decrypted 3ds roms? If so can people post downloads? (I don't know how this applies to the situation)

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three questions, how does the 3ds determine legitimacy of files?, can we sign them or bypass this on all 3ds firmware?, and what language does the 3ds speak?

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for being noobish, but I've been gone from the 3DS scene since Smash 4 released in Japan and gateway was still on 2.3 omega. Can someone help me catch up on the big developments that have happened? I've been looking up stuff on the forum, but there are so many pages of stuff. As of right now, I see a new flashcart being released, gateway can now install .cia files (what else is different between 2.3 and 2.6 besides the devkit?), there appears to be a free rom loader, and there is some sort of CFW. Is this correct? Please help explain it to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo