• Views 4,526,756
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are looking to play DS games on a 3DS or DS and want inexpensive look for a genuine r4i 3ds, or spend a little more on Supercard DSTwo. You should be able to get a mainboard with a lower firmware for a decent price if you shop around.
Around what price out of curiosity?

Also Chris230291 Supercard DSTwo costs about twice as much as an r4i 3DS, but it benefits in many ways (GBA/SNES emulation built in to name a few).

Chris230291

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are looking to play DS games on a 3DS or DS and want inexpensive look for a genuine r4i 3ds, or spend a little more on Supercard DSTwo. You should be able to get a mainboard with a lower firmware for a decent price if you shop around.

Ok thanks I'll look into both.

Around what price out of curiosity?

Also Chris230291 Supercard DSTwo costs about twice as much as an r4i 3DS, but it benefits in many ways (GBA/SNES emulation built in to name a few).

OKwell emulation is actually something that interests me, Thanks!

I have seen boards for £30 GBP but they are on too high a firmware to support 3DS games.

Chris.

Rob7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm somewhat of a noob, so I decided to post here. I am asking on behalf of a young kid who is not knowledgeable enough to deal with this. The facts:

System: 3DS XL (Ver. 6.3.0-12U)
Cart: SuperCard DSTWO (2 in 1) bought over a year ago.
Carts still new in box bought over a year ago:
1) acekard 2 (DSi(XL)&3DS Compatible)
2) R4 3DS Revolution for DS

So this kid has been using the DSTWO for the past year and it has worked great, but now it doesn't work anymore, so he gave it to me to fix. I installed the latest files on the card from the DSTWO site but it's still not working. What can I do to fix it? He has only ever played DS games on it, not 3DS games because it wasn't possible back then, but it looks like it is possible now. Is it possible to do that with the carts that I have?

Really I'll be happy enough if I can get regular DS games to work on it again, using whichever cart. If I can make 3DS games on it, even better. Any help is appreciated. Let me know if you need any other information. I will be checking this thread frequently the next 24 hours. Thanks.

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi all,

i'm a completly noob but have some questions about this topic.
I've ordered a new 3ds 4.5 with the gw carts. I have read a lot of information here on the topics but im afraid to install the newest beta on my 3ds because of the chance of bricking.

I thinking to wait for a couple of weeks/months till the final relase of 2.0 or i doubt to put on 1.2 which is stable for what i read. My question: How do i upgrade to later fw's? So when i have 1.2 and want to update to 2.0 final, what steps do i have to take? Or is it impossible to upgrade the 3ds after your first install?
Updating GW firmware usually simply involves replacing the Launcher.dat file in the 3DS SD for a new one.

Firmware 2.0b1 doesn't brick consoles but is supposedly unstable. You should be fine using it though, as long as you read this: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq#My_saves_are_being_lost_after_I_exit_a_game Also check the other questions in that page.

Reactions: RocketRon

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Just another question regarding GW.

If I leave wifi on while in emuNand. When ninty releases a new 3ds update, it will automatically download. Will it be safe to update using the prompt while on emunand? Also, if the update was downloaded in emunand, will the nag prompt appear in sysnand?

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Just another question regarding GW.

If I leave wifi on while in emuNand. When ninty releases a new 3ds update, it will automatically download. Will it be safe to update using the prompt while on emunand? Also, if the update was downloaded in emunand, will the nag prompt appear in sysnand?
Maybe it's safe but don't risk it. If you are going to update, ALWAYS do it through system settings, and always check it says GW3D in the upper screen.
Also no, the "nag prompt" won't appear in sysnand.

Zeigren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo ubernoob911 here. Just bought two 3ds XL's on 4.2 and 4.5 firmware and bought two R4i Deluxe carts to go with them. I'm pretty sure this is an astounding no, but is there anyway to only transfer like my streetpass data from my old 3ds to my new one once I have the flashcarts on the latest emuNAND? Don't necessarily care about the games and what not. Or if there is any kind of selective transfer at all? Everything I have read so far has said "nuh-uh" but just figured I would ask before hand.

It's mostly because I want some of my data off of my Ambassador 3ds but I want to be able to sell it on ebay as an Ambassador 3ds cause they sell for like $70-$100 more than just a regular 3ds. And I don't care about all the ambassador games just my streetpass data, friends, and maybe some of the games that I bought from the eshop but even those I could live without/buy again. Just wondering what might be possible.
Thanks Tempers!

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't think so. What you could do is keep a backup of your old 3DS's NAND, and hope someone breaks the encryption. Not likely to happen though unless Nintendo royally screws up, so I wouldn't hold my hopes too high.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For exploitable 3DS systems, what obstacles stand in the way for 'custom firmware', or rather simply, getting the 3DS to always boot into a mode that runs code without having to go through settings and the NDS profile? Will such a thing never be possible without breaking Nintendo's encryption?

From what little I know, since you can run code on bare metal and mess with the NAND as well as dumping the NAND and what's in RAM, that a way to write a modified NAND into the system. What am I missing here?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
For exploitable 3DS systems, what obstacles stand in the way for 'custom firmware', or rather simply, getting the 3DS to always boot into a mode that runs code without having to go through settings and the NDS profile? Will such a thing never be possible without breaking Nintendo's encryption?

From what little I know, since you can run code on bare metal and mess with the NAND as well as dumping the NAND and what's in RAM, that a way to write a modified NAND into the system. What am I missing here?

If it's like the Wii, the system checks the NAND before booting.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's like the Wii, the system checks the NAND before booting.
Is such a check able to be spoofed?

Also, is there any evidence one way or the other that a check is in place? I wouldn't be surprised to find 3DS having more in common with WiiU as far as security..

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is such a check able to be spoofed?

Also, is there any evidence one way or the other that a check is in place? I wouldn't be surprised to find 3DS having more in common with WiiU as far as security..
If there is a check, it can be "spoofed" if we can find hole in it.

RocketRon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users