• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can use up to 128 gigabyte SD cards as long as you format them as fat32.

If you're on newer than 10.3, you'll need to use the build of SafeSysUpdater in my signature.
Wait, Really? Dang i missed out on a really good priced 128GB card because i though the 3DS would only support up to 32.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Also by copy and pasting even the menuhax will go in and work right, or would I need to do more adjustments? Thx

EDIT: Should I also backup sysnand? and is backing up the emunand in Rxtools supposed to be taking this long?
Backing up emunand can take a few minutes, but it shouldn't take more than 15 or so. Copying and pasting should result in menuhax and stuff working too.
No need to backup sysnand, you won't be restoring it - only emuNAND

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, Really? Dang i missed out on a really good priced 128GB card because i though the 3DS would only support up to 32.
64 and above SD cards are formatted with exFat by default, which the 3ds doesn't support. You can easily reformat them to fat32 which the 3ds will work with.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Say, I want to go from menuhax+rxtools+emunand to arm9loaderhax, for the 100% boot rate + the extra space on my SD card.

I have a few questions though, does having an emunand on the SD card affect anything? What would happen to my NNID? It's linked to my emunand. Friend Codes? Save backups?

Oh, and also, can I update to the latest fw? Enter eshop?

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use up to 128 gigabyte SD cards as long as you format them as fat32.

If you're on newer than 10.3, you'll need to use the build of SafeSysUpdater in my signature.
Ya I'm currently on 9.9 so I'll install home brew, downgrade and then install rxtools and see what happens need to make sure I got a decent sd card. If I wanna upgrade to bigger card it as simple as transferring all files over?

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out where to ask this question SO I decided to ask in the NOOB Question thread. Basically what I want to know is how the arm9loaderhax.3dsx installer works. From what I understand you can do this
1. backup 10.6 emunand
2. Rename it to nand.bin
3. place that on root of SD card
4. Run the arm9loaderhax.3dsx
5. it should install a9lh to that nand.bin and restore that nand.bin to your sysnand.

Is that correct??? Will it do that without screwing up your sysnand? Or is doing it this way a bad idea? Where I found this info at was on the OTP Guide by Plailect.

Also: I already have my OTP and my sysnand and emunand restored back to normal, and I also have backups of my sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.6

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Say, I want to go from menuhax+rxtools+emunand to arm9loaderhax, for the 100% boot rate + the extra space on my SD card.

I have a few questions though, does having an emunand on the SD card affect anything? What would happen to my NNID? It's linked to my emunand. Friend Codes? Save backups?

Oh, and also, can I update to the latest fw? Enter eshop?
If you follow Plailect's guide, you will transfer your emuNAND to your sysNAND so you'll keep everything you have on emuNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that step not in one of the links u posted? If not when would I want to do that? Sorry for some many questionsdon't wanna brick it and make sure I do he right order

You need to create an emunand partition on your new sd card. You can create an emunand partition by using gateway menu, or using Emunand9 homebrew app.

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best DS (yes, not 3DS) flashcart that works with the n3DS (besides the expensive DSTwo)? I really liked my Acekard 2i but I heard it's only compatible on a o3DS with the TWL patch. Currently have a R4isdhc GOLD Pro 2016 and don't really care for it (some games play glitchy that never had a problem previously on my DSTT and Acekard 2i).

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best DS (yes, not 3DS) flashcart that works with the n3DS (besides the expensive DSTwo)? I really liked my Acekard 2i but I heard it's only compatible on a o3DS with the TWL patch. Currently have a R4isdhc GOLD Pro 2016 and don't really care for it (some games play glitchy that never had a problem previously on my DSTT and Acekard 2i).
your ak2i will work Apache Thunder made a launcher for it so it may be loaded
and regarding the agb patch . . . use a cfw with that built in

Last edited by wormdood,

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to create an emunand partition on your new sd card. You can create an emunand partition by using gateway menu, or using Emunand9 homebrew app.
So since it's a home brew app I should install home brew, then downgrade, then install emunand9 and make my partition then install rxtools?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb