• Views 4,540,483
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

KiseDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had rxTools on my N3DSXL a while ago. But I did a clean setup and now I have Reinand with 9.5 (the same EmuNAND firm that I had with rxTools)

It would be possible to have all my games and saves again just copying and pasting certain files of the Nintendo 3DS folder? I tried it copying the EmuNAND part, but there's nothing when I boot Reinand.

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone, need a little help here.. When I installed rxtools i installed a gba cia and it all worked well...I've uninstalled it, and now after installing some gba cias i get the game icons on the menu but when i open the games, they stay on a black screen or show an error to turn off the 3ds... also after installing them i have now a lot of "black squares" on the menu that don't open anything... (I've unlinked the nands in the meantime.. does that cause me problems when trying to play gba games?)
Can someone give me a fix for these problems? I'm using a O3DSXL with 4.5E sysnand and 10.3E Emunand with RxTools 2.5.
Thanks in advance

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a chance as long as you haven't wiped your SD card or have a backup of it and have a backup of your NAND before you unlinked sysNAND from emuNAND. If you did this, you'll be able to recover your saves by restoring your NAND backup to sysNAND (and your SD card backup if you wiped it). After that, you have the option of reformatting emuNAND which should automatically carry your saves, etc... over. You'll need to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND after doing this. MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THE SD CARD BEFORE YOU FORMAT SYSNAND!

The other option is, after doing the NAND backup restore, use SaveDataFiler to extract your saves from sysNAND, then use SaveDataFiler to import them to emuNAND.
Okay thank you for the info. I'm not sure I want to do that as I finally got everything setup and it's working perfectly but it took a while to get here. I might just forget about what I lost and move on. I still have access to the eShop and all my purchases so that's really the main thing I needed to save. I was hoping there was some way to extract the info I lost from the stuff I have without having to basically start back from scratch but it doesn't sound like there's a way to do that. I'm too afraid of screwing something up going back and then having to start over again.

Definitely appreciate the assistance though.

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

Ruben Burgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone.

I have bought a second 3ds with a Gateway card and with Emunand installed, and I want to transfer a save from a retail game to a Cia version of that game.
The save I want to transfer is from the game Zero's Last Virtue.

I own:
A o3ds on 9.2
A o3ds on 4.5 with emunand installed
A red (& blue) gateway card.

I have tried the backup feature of gateway, but that doesn't work.
I have also tried the svdt and savedatafiler apps in the homebrew menu, but that too didn't work. It freezes when I load the game.

Is there anyway to transfer the save from the retail card to a Cia version of that game?

SSMatt123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
I was just wondering is there any way to boot the Supercard DSTWO in emunand?

It'll boot fine in sysnand, but if I try it in emunand it just crashes with a black screen.

Admiddedly it's only a minor inconvenience, but I was wondering if it can be done.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone.

I have bought a second 3ds with a Gateway card and with Emunand installed, and I want to transfer a save from a retail game to a Cia version of that game.
The save I want to transfer is from the game Zero's Last Virtue.

I own:
A o3ds on 9.2
A o3ds on 4.5 with emunand installed
A red (& blue) gateway card.

I have tried the backup feature of gateway, but that doesn't work.
I have also tried the svdt and savedatafiler apps in the homebrew menu, but that too didn't work. It freezes when I load the game.

Is there anyway to transfer the save from the retail card to a Cia version of that game?
Use SaveDataFiler to extract the save. After you extract it, on emuNAND, launch SaveDataFiler and go to the far right tab. Press the button that corresponds to importing the save to SD. Your save should now be on the cia version!

I was just wondering is there any way to boot the Supercard DSTWO in emunand?

It'll boot fine in sysnand, but if I try it in emunand it just crashes with a black screen.

Admiddedly it's only a minor inconvenience, but I was wondering if it can be done.
Certain CFWs can and certain ones can't. Older versions of rxTools can. ReiNAND can (I'm not sure if the newest version can though; I haven't tested it). I know Gateway can't, I'm not sure if Cakes can.

how would i install on menuhax on 9.2 if i just updated to 9.2 from 4.5?
Go here and download the homebrew starter kit. Launch the Homebrew Launcher through your preferred method. Launch the menuhax_installer. Set it up with the options you want (autoboot, button to bypass, etc...). If you want to coldboot, you can set up CTRBootManager or look for the 3dsx file for your respective CFW, place it on the root of your SD card and name it "boot.3dsx" without the quotes.

Reactions: Ruben Burgt

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my own N3ds modded using gateway. I helped my friend recently mod his N3ds. I downgraded it from 10.3 to 9.2 used pasta to get a few cia files on. I then used the gateway launcher to format his emunand and backup his sysnand. At this point I just used my gateway, but he doesn't have one. SO i got reinand 3.1 and all the supporting file. I didn't know what to do with the "Secondly, You'll need armips added to your Path. "here" is a pre-compiled version". But I got the firmware on and it will boot into reinand and I'll see the picture and it will act like a EMUNAND but when i go into settings i don't see the Rei9.2.0. I just see the normal 9.2.0. I am not sure if I did something wrong or if this is how it acts if you use gateway to set it up. Can he update his "emunand" and it will then say rei10.4? Will it need to be done a cetain way or can he just update like normal once inside the emunand (like gateway)?

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I followed a tutorial to put CFW on a N3DS XL, recently downgraded to 9.2. It was a brand new system and maybe I somehow missed it before, but I'm noticing a lot of discolored lines throughout the top screen and games.
I put on reinand and Cakes. Installing everything appeared to be going well. Anyone know what step could have caused it or if it's a hardware issue I overlooked? I used this tutorial. http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ Thank you!

I attached a photo.

Attachments

• N3DS XL.png
    N3DS XL.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 162

sandyb87

Trophies
XP
Country
I accidentally upgraded sysnand to 10.1 with a rom even though I was in emunand, I've got the browser nag so I cant use the browser exploit.

What options do I have to downgrade? Are oothax and ninjahax the only ones I cant use?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally upgraded sysnand to 10.1 with a rom even though I was in emunand, I've got the browser nag so I cant use the browser exploit.

What options do I have to downgrade? Are oothax and ninjahax the only ones I cant use?
Yes, unless you still have menuhax on sysnand

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been kinda out of the loop with all the stuff going around. I am trying to set up a friend's system, but I can't seem to get browserhax to run. I've always used a Gateway myself, so a full softmod is new ground for me.

The system is an o3DS, System Version 9.9.0-26U. It may or may not have the "dummy" browser installed, I don't know how to check.

When trying to use the browser (with Tubehax in place to prevent the update nag), I get the message "The Internet browser cannot be used at this time. Please check your network environment or try again later." I had gotten the nag previously, but I had a backed up copy of the SD card and reverted to it, as well as initialized save data in the browser. So instead of the update message, I'm getting the "cannot be used" instead. I don't know if that's the cause of the problem, or if something else is going on.

I tried to download homemenuhax/themehax, but it seems I have to use another exploit before I can install that for some reason? I thought it would replace the theme files on the SD card in order to run the exploit, but I guess I'm missing something on how it works.

Since updating the browser would cause the system to be updated to 10.4, I assume that is not currently an option. I do have access to a Gateway card, if that would help, but it looks like that would still require the browser.

So, my question is, do I have an option other than trying to hunt down a copy of Cubic Ninja, and if so, what is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious