• Views 4,552,820
  • Replies 53,804
  • Likes 43

jon_casey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, just got a new 3DS for a present and not opened it yet. have just been reading the forum and it looks that the latest firmware I'm likely to have is 9.9 and for that my only option for 3DS games Is a sky3ds (rather than a gateway) , am I correct please?

Last edited by jon_casey,

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to update a n3ds emunand from 9.0 to 9.5 ?

Download 9.5.0-23(your consoles region) > Place folder onto N3DS' internal mSD > Launch Emunand > Launch your Title Manager of choice (I use BigBlueMenu / Devmenu if there are any issues) > Install all cia.
Be absolutely sure you're in Emunand when you update - If you go into Settings to check, then back out, it'll kick you to Sysnand!

Best to have Unlinked Nands & have different themes for Sys & Emu to easily tell the difference between the two.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all, just got a new 3DS for a present and not opened it yet. have just been reading the forum and it looks that the latest firmware I'm likely to have is 9.9 and for that my only option for 3DS games Is a sky3ds (rather than a gateway) , am I correct please?

Yes, your only way to run roms is Sky3DS

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thank you. I have 9.7 so I hope this will work.

Will I come to learn what things like emunands and sysnands are from just playing roms? Or is that for more advanced applications like emulators etc?

Emunand only exists for GW/CFWs and those only work on 9.2 or below for now.
Sysnand is your real system.

So no need to worry about it for now.

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Download 9.5.0-23(your consoles region) > Place folder onto N3DS' internal mSD > Launch Emunand > Launch your Title Manager of choice (I use BigBlueMenu / Devmenu if there are any issues) > Install all cia.
Be absolutely sure you're in Emunand when you update - If you go into Settings to check, then back out, it'll kick you to Sysnand!

Best to have Unlinked Nands & have different themes for Sys & Emu to easily tell the difference between the two.

From where ? Just to be sure , I put the cias in the root of the msd card , correct ?

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This is the software to download the firmware ,right ? I tried to , but it doesn't seem to do anything (I have 32bit pc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online