• Views 4,531,705
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any way to transfer data between emunands (not by system transfer). Most important thing for me is whole activity log.
I just want to be prepared to move to the n3ds when gateway will support it (soon™).

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm totally new, and lost. I'm interested in getting a New 3DS XL, and I don't know which cartridge I should be looking to get at this point. I did some research and found that there are two big names, gateway and sky3ds. Apparently Gateway doesn't work on the new 3ds/XL (?) however it supports homebrew stuff and DS/GBA games (a big factor for me). I heard that it is also much easier to switch games, as compared to sky3ds. Am I stuck with buying a Sky3DS at this point, if I want the New 3DS XL? Does anybody know if the gateway developers are making efforts to make gateway compatible on the new 3ds/xl? (sorry if the answers to some questions were already written somewhere, I did not take a lot of time to browse around).

If you are in a hurry, get a sky just to play (or buy some retail in a sale idk xD sky is very pricely x3x at least here)
Gateway already show us it working on a n3DS( the "lite" version, not the XL but don't must be very different ...), but they released nothing yet , their 3.0 version is a "instable beta" because there aren't public support for new 3DS, the only newa bout that they said is that they are having problem wih 9.5 compatibility emunand there(or something like this õ3o) because some n3DS features. WEll I think they will do it, you can wait if you aren't in a hurry, maybe another good card come on this time.
About playing DS/GBA games there ... their card blue is blocked on 6.x up systens, not sure if they can update it do make work, but on a 3DS there are a way (that I was asking for help as you can see above ...) , gba would be emulation there(Ds cart) , cia mod or homebrew emulation, not sure if i'ts perfect in some way :v

I have a New 3DS on the latest firmware.

Is there a flashcart for playing original DS roms that will be compatible? I don't need 3DS rom compatibility, I'm mainly getting it so I can carry all my old games around without switching cartridges, I buy all my 3DS games from the eShop.

Cheers.
I'm not sure , but I think R4i Gold PRO and R4i RTS Dual-core

Balzac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Running into a problem and wondering if anyone could help

I'm running emunand CFW and have devmenu installed.

I've installed a number of .CIA files. All of them use the old pre 7.X encryption

Anytime I try to launch a title, it either freezes at the 3ds logo screen or I get a message saying "an error has occurred"

Any thoughts?

Tzheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are in a hurry, get a sky just to play (or buy some retail in a sale idk xD sky is very pricely x3x at least here)
Gateway already show us it working on a n3DS( the "lite" version, not the XL but don't must be very different ...), but they released nothing yet , their 3.0 version is a "instable beta" because there aren't public support for new 3DS, the only newa bout that they said is that they are having problem wih 9.5 compatibility emunand there(or something like this õ3o) because some n3DS features. WEll I think they will do it, you can wait if you aren't in a hurry, maybe another good card come on this time.
About playing DS/GBA games there ... their card blue is blocked on 6.x up systens, not sure if they can update it do make work, but on a 3DS there are a way (that I was asking for help as you can see above ...) , gba would be emulation there(Ds cart) , cia mod or homebrew emulation, not sure if i'ts perfect in some way :v

I'm not sure , but I think R4i Gold PRO and R4i RTS Dual-core

Oh I see, thanks for that info. Hmm so are you saying that the gateway won't even be able to play DS/gba games on n3ds anyways, even if it were to work on it? Also I have no idea wat emunand is LOL. I know what a NAND-gate is from electrical engineering... but I don't think were takling about the same thing hahaha. I guess I will probably get the sky3ds then. I could always buy another gateway if they release a new exploit which allows it to work on n3ds later on... if I really want to play DS/gba games. Is there any alternative to playing DS/GBA games? I heard somewhere that the regular DS flashcarts work on the 3ds as well? (not sure about n3ds) :O thanks for answering such loaded questions!

Moac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About to purchase a Sky3DS Flash card. please Help:wink:
I have a few questions first:
1. Can I get banned for playing single player games, not online VS games?
2. How do I change to private header (I own 1 original game. Super Mario 3D land.)
3. Any problems with save files getting corrupt or any other lag or bugs with using roms in the 3ds?
4. I have a Samsung ,speed 10, 32GB MicroSD card, will it work superbly?
5. Can I still update games without them checking if my banner is private or public? Game updates are they risky?

Just to make sure: I might purchase some games via the eShop down the line. So I don´t want them to know that I use Sky3DS to test games.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh I see, thanks for that info. Hmm so are you saying that the gateway won't even be able to play DS/gba games on n3ds anyways, even if it were to work on it? Also I have no idea wat emunand is LOL. I know what a NAND-gate is from electrical engineering... but I don't think were takling about the same thing hahaha. I guess I will probably get the sky3ds then. I could always buy another gateway if they release a new exploit which allows it to work on n3ds later on... if I really want to play DS/gba games. Is there any alternative to playing DS/GBA games? I heard somewhere that the regular DS flashcarts work on the 3ds as well? (not sure about n3ds) :O thanks for answering such loaded questions!

you are able, yes, but now how I don't know, for example, an homebrew gba emulator or modified virtual console, even with an compatible ds mode flashcard it's sure you can, but with the gateway's ds mode flashcard I'm not sure XD also on n3DS gateway isn't possible yet :v
emunand is basically messing with a copy of your console system nand, but leaving the system one intact and the modified one my emulation xD

and well, not sure if there are any DS mode flashcard that works on new 3DS, but I think the ones that work on the lastes version would work XD and also I'm not sure if the DS gba emulation on common flashcard work good ... sorry for not being very useful lol
well you just need to be carefull with updates then, gateway can be exploitedin 9.2 max, if you update, now you can play with sky, not sure if can with gateway latter :x (Unless you do an nand backup and restore then later XD I can't help you how to do it on new 3DS but you ca find on this forum xD)
No problem, hope I could help a bit

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I made a thread some time ago about how i lost my Nand backup, but now i fount a nand backup in a pendrive (i saved it there and then forgot about it), is there a way to know if that nand is from sysnand or emunand? (I remember using the maxconsole guide to set up my Gateway and then update emuNand to 9,4 but i dont know if i made a emuNand backup or only a sysnand backup

http://oi58.tinypic.com/205a7h0.jpg

I know I should be able to get a new Nand backup from my 3DS, but im kind of scared to touch my SD card since I read a thread about random bricks when messing with options.

Also, if i try to make another Nand backup, Do I need to delete the one on my SD first or will the gateway/3ds overwrite it?

Someone? :(

BoyBasic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still kinda unclear about CIAs, if I install them using BigBlueMenu (which I also install via cia) and they're now on my 3DS menu, can I start them WITHOUT booting gateway?
Like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for example I can just start it like that? I mean if I wanted to play online I'd have to boot Gateway for Emunand but if offline would I not have to?

Balzac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Running into a problem and wondering if anyone could help

I'm running emunand CFW and have devmenu installed.

I've installed a number of .CIA files. All of them use the old pre 7.X encryption

Anytime I try to launch a title, it either freezes at the 3ds logo screen or I get a message saying "an error has occurred"

Any thoughts?

Anyone?

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHen I downloaded a Monster Hunter 4 ultimate backup, it gave me 4 files. Two of them read .z01 and .z02. How do I save or open these files?

yunacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately I've been getting a 'Game card was removed' while playing my 3DS.

I've had my GW since release and haven't encountered this problem till now. At first I thought it was just a scrubbed copy of a game that was doing it, but then my older tried and true games have been continuing to do it too.

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doing a little get together and we are all playing smash, I still have an unpatched smash retail cart which I just made a backup with gateway so I could use the gateway and one of the friend could use my retail cart.

is the best way to get it updated to just update emunand and update via eshop?

I have trouble identifying if I'm in emunand, people say its possible to change the background / icon location to let you know you are in emunand but it never works for me?

gromnislash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHen I downloaded a Monster Hunter 4 ultimate backup, it gave me 4 files. Two of them read .z01 and .z02. How do I save or open these files?

Not sure if you've found an answer yet, but there should be a .rar file within the folder as well, correct? Just extract this file (which should be in the same folder as the .z01 and .z02) with something like 7-zip and these additional files will be merged automatically, resulting in your .3ds file.

Reactions: Herobroski

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for a while, so bear with me.

I have a New 3DS XL running on 9.5.0-22U.
I'm hoping to pick up a cart to play last gen DS games on it.
After doing some reading, it looks like the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS [http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-SDHC-3DS-RTS.html] is working and reliable, but I was hoping someone with more knowledge could weigh in.

Also, if there is a cart that can handle 3DS games on my system, I'd appreciate a recommendation there as well.

Bonus if one exists that can do both!

Thanks for any/all help, GBAtemp!
<3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...