• Replies 53,807
  • Likes 43

Deleted member 585915

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the error code is 007-2001. Even if I end up not being able to resolve this, I'm not too worried about it--especially with the eshop closing soon for the 3DS. (I'm not sure if that will extend to updating games or not though? Will we still be able to do that once the eshop closes?)

Apart from that, everything has worked great. I just tested out Smash Bros earlier and it works now! I was a little worried at first because it was taking so long to boot, but I guess that's just the slower processing speed of the 2DS.

Thanks again for the help!
hmmmm i think the error can be fixed but probably requires a bunch of fiddling... ill keep looking into it. for now you can always rely on hshop for updates!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what will i need now to edit saves on games like pokemon for example?
Different games will require different save game editors. Most will probably not have save game editors at all. You will have to Google around and read the documentation for what is available.

For Pokemon you can either use PKSM on your 3DS directly, or you can export the save data using Checkpoint (which you should have read about in the Guide) and edit the save data on a PC with pkhex.

Wally_Cykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 3DS just showed up for the second time in a few days this error message:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic
Process ID: 45
Process name: lol
Process title ID: 0x000400000016db00

Address: 0x002ae308
Error code: 0xc960454b

Press any button to reboot.

About my 3DS, it is in the last firmware. Luma and boot9strap are both in the lastest version as far as i know

I was playing The Legend of Legacy. The first time it appeared i was playing Box Boy, in this last weekend i think.

Also, some strange things started to happen on my 3DS: 1) sometimes the screen starts to flash and gets a little darker. Like, imagine the screen brightness is 5, and it flashes to 3 and to 5 again. It stopped by itself and it apparently happens in any position... 2) sometimes the 3ds starts in the mode without an SD, even though the SD card is inserted.

What is it? What i have to do? I researched a little bit and apparently it is SD card corruption. I have a SD card backup and a SysNand backup, but they're all from yesterday, when the problem had already started. Will they work?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is it? What i have to do? I researched a little bit and apparently it is SD card corruption. I have a SD card backup and a SysNand backup, but they're all from yesterday, when the problem had already started. Will they work?
It seems likely that your 3DS is experiencing some kind of general hardware failure.

The first thing to do is to take your SD card out entirely and see if your 3DS still crashes. Are you using carts at all?

When you made the SD card backup, did you just copy everything to your PC? Were there any error messages?

Reactions: CoolMe

CodeWitcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What's the best way to play my USA carts on a Japanese console? I already started the game, so if the solution is to use .cia instead of the carts then that's too bad... I'll be having to inject the saves back and forth if I switch consoles... having the save on the cart is desirable, and using the carts in all consoles I have, that's what I'm asking if it's possible.

Last edited by CodeWitcher,

UniKlixX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
select your forwarded game and hold y till a menu pops up. from there select which arm9 cpu speed you want to use for that specific game. it has the option for ntr and twl. hope that helps you out !! :)
For some reason I rarely get that Y button thing right and now I am unable to open the forwarder menu :cry: I tried so many times. It there a specific timing when pressing the button? Also, is there a way to check your nds-bootstrap version? Sorry for all my questions. I hope it is ok:D

SOLVED: Reason was that there was a 3DS cartridge present in the slot while loading.

Last edited by UniKlixX,

Wally_Cykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems likely that your 3DS is experiencing some kind of general hardware failure.

The first thing to do is to take your SD card out entirely and see if your 3DS still crashes. Are you using carts at all?

When you made the SD card backup, did you just copy everything to your PC? Were there any error messages?
First, thanks for the attention!

About the carts: i'm using R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2017.

And about the backup: yeah, i just copied everything to my PC, and after made a copy in a cloud server. No error messages.

I'll continue to use it, if it crashes again i'll tell. If it's a hardware failure that wouldn't be a surprise, my 3ds is more than 10 years old, and recently it always connected to the charger... Only today i saw it last more than a few seconds outside charging (around 30 minutes).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the best way to play my USA carts on a Japanese console? I already started the game, so if the solution is to use .cia instead of the carts then that's too bad...
Do you already have CFW installed on your Japanese console? Have you tried just plugging in your USA carts and seeing if they work?

About the carts: i'm using R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2017.

And about the backup: yeah, i just copied everything to my PC, and after made a copy in a cloud server. No error messages.
That cartridge would only work in DS mode. It might be useful to see if 3DS cartridges work properly, though from what you are saying, that would be a little surprising.

It would be even more surprising if your SD card was failing and you were able to copy everything off of it without any problems.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

MasterMank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to load mods/texture packs on 3DS hardware? With homebrew installed, obviously

realitymediaman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, can someone please help me? The PS1 Forwarder Creator from Sakitoshi seems to have been hit with a bad trojan *virus - I tried downloading every version of the file and every single one got shutdown by my computers malware protection. All my other exe files and applications are working perfectly

Does anyone know what's going on? Also if anyone happens to have a stable version of the PS1 Cia forwarder I'd be so grateful

Last edited by realitymediaman,

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, can someone please help me? The PS1 Forwarder Creator from Sakitoshi seems to have been hit with a bad trojan virsus - I tried downloading every version of the file and every single one got shutdown by my computers malware protection. All my other exe files and applications are working perfectly

Does anyone know what's going on? Also if anyone happens to have a stable version of the PS1 Cia forwarder I'd be so grateful
I don't think i've ever seen a PS1 forwarder for the 3DS, are you sure that this software exists? Because from what you're describing (Trojan files) it doesn't look like it.. Most people around here use the PS1 core with Retroarch, without any forwarders, and its game compatibility is decent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn jack must've came loose outside over all the weather and a tech can't come out until the...