• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Dilute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys! I just bought an Aqua Blue second hand 3DS with the firmware 4.5.xx for ORAS. I'm wondering if I should run homebrews or just update it. Can I run homebrews on firmware 9.xx.xx?

If anyone can reply ASAP, it'd be great.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey guys! I just bought an Aqua Blue second hand 3DS with the firmware 4.5.xx for ORAS. I'm wondering if I should run homebrews or just update it. Can I run homebrews on firmware 9.xx.xx?

If anyone can reply ASAP, it'd be great.
Don't update it. Firmware 4.5 consoles are highly sought after, it would be a waste to update it. You could sell it for profit if you really aren't interested in using flashcards yourself.

The best thing to do is to buy a Gateway. Even if you have no interest in using roms, you can use EmuNAND to install the latest 9.2 firmware while maintaining the 4.5 firmware.

But if you're determined to update, homebrew does work on 9.2 using the Cubic Ninja exploit.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna need some assistance again.

Earlier someone suggested I should dump my ROM from my cartridge of Fire Emblem: Awakening in order to use a .cia file for the DLC for the game because I can't seem to get the DLC to work with the cartridge in classic mode.
My problem is when I dump the .3ds file and the associated .sav with Gateway, the game doesn't read that it has a .sav file associated with it, and starts a new game.
Is it possible to get the .sav to work with this .3ds file I just dumped or am I sol? I'm not sure how Fire Emblem savefiles work. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I found a different thread suggesting I change the extension to .3DZ and that ended up working. If anyone needs this!

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the gateway firmware you're on is 4.3 emunand? [and you're trying to go to 9.2 emunand?] it's a big jump so try downgrading the launcher one or two, [i had problems going from 8.x to 9.x and skipping a launcher version so I downgraded my launcher and tried finishing installing the downloaded update--as it downloaded but i got an error when it tried to install at the end like you]

then i changed my launcher back to the latest when everything installed.

as for why your game doesn't work, it could be a corrupted download possibly or an sd card problem, back it up, 'n check your sd card with h2testw.exe and try formatting it with SDformatter [vs using windows formatter] maybe, just to be sure?
It finally worked. after so many times the console finally updated and all is fine.

rishard10212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked before but I just found a 4.3 device locally (bout to go pick it up) and am looking to purchase a Gateway soon. Right now I own a ofw 9.2 XL and was wondering what would the process of transferring my system data be? emuNAND 9.2 on the 4.3 system and then a system transfer? I plan on reselling the XL, any help is welcome.

edit
also if I can't do a system transfer I really only lose my streetpasses since I havent bought anything in the eShop but I own a retail SSB that save is on the card correct?

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, been out of the loop for quite a while. I have two 4.5 3DS XL's I got my kids last year and running the first available emunand. We don't own a Gateway, I set up the emunand using a DSTWO so they could play the retail carts for Pokemon X/Y in Classic mode, which they did. Fast forward 1 year and that's where we're still at, and now they want to play the new Pokemon. I'm not up to speed on the new CFW - Can we play the new Pokemon now without buying a Gateway? If not does it seem close to happening, or should we still buy a Gateway at this point? And what can we do currently without a Gateway on a 4.5 system in terms of playing games via the CFW? Thanks guys.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- With Gateway After using format emunand, is it normal that the SD shows as "FAT"? (If I format it again to fat32 on the pc and use again format emunand will it format to fat again?)

2- Can I change rom names to what I want with no problems? (do they still work online stealthy?).
Keep Cool

BigGamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys is it possible to update the smash bros 3ds version by going to the eshop? I have a gateway 2.6 and I'm not sure if it's safe without updating anything else.

dantelynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I need help :'( And sorry if this is a double post, at least it's not in the last pages ...
The whole day I've been trying to access online content on my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (On my Gateway flashcard) but still getting the 002-0123 error ...
I'm on GW3D 9.2.0-20E (Updated after getting stuck on the Nintendo 3DS screen), I updated the game to 1.1 version through Nintende E-Shop, I have already put a header to my game dump (After trying a first time and getting the 002-0123 error), I renamed the rom to the .3dz exstension ...

Please, what am I doing wrong ?

P.S.: The header I used comes from my Genuine Super Mario 3D World cartridge, and I used a public Cartridge ID for the header ...

EDIT : Solved ! Just tried a different header (Public this time) ! Also, maybe this'll help, but the correct manufacturer ID for the Alpha Sapphire EU version is Macro-thingy :-p

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm planning to get the "new 3DS" and leave it on 9.2.20 Firmware, as the Gateway Team recommended.

Would it be possible to import the Pokémon Omega Ruby save from my retail Card to the Gateway and play on from there, once gateway on 9.2 is working? For example by dumping the Game with my save on it.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, gateway is being extremely laggy to a point that I cant even use it.
Should I just format emunand and get on with things? Or should I format the whole 3ds?

Either way, I lose friend code and all that -.-

edit: remind you the whole thing started ever since I installed savedatafiler.
been using for a month before and never any lag or freezes

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was wondering if there is any possibility (or will be) to turn .NDS roms into .CIAS? that would be very handfull. i think that there might be a posibilty, since there are DSiWare things on the eshop, they might need to be extracted to discover their format... or something like that

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm interested in playing around with a few things on my Gateway. In particular, I want to try SaveDataFiler. I have the BigBlueBox "Title Manager" installed already, but as far as SaveDataFiler, it tells me the CIA is invalid whenever I try to use it. I got it by searching SDK.DevKit.Tools.3DSWare.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox and tried ussing the SaveDataFiler.cia from SDK-5.2.2. Should I be using an older SDK version, or is there a particular search term or source I should look for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment +1