• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Lupinthe3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I have been doing progresses, putting an FTP server, got te save manager (not used yet though) but there are a few things I want still to ask.

What does NTR CFW does beside allowing you to use cheats? What is Freeshop? What does it do and should I install it? Can I use cheats on VC Pokemon or import my emulator saves on VC games?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone else on these forums I'll try asking for a fourth time. Perhaps someone will be willing to answer my actual question instead of telling me what they would do.

I'll bold the important parts.

--

I have a stock 3DS I haven't used in a few years, I don't want CFW.
I am wanting to play 3DS games and DS.
What is the best flashcard to buy?
I don't care about the price rather I care about the best quality, support and compatibility.
I don't want a link to CFW.

Thx.
So why did you even come here if you already had your answer? Lol Just buy a 3DS flashcard and be done with it. You're not going to be able to do everything you want with ONE device. Period.

Reactions: Quantumcat

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone knows how to solve this kind off error? I was trying to play a video in .cia on my New 3ds. On my Old 3ds I didn't get this error when I start the same video
"An error occurred (ErrDisp)
Error Type: 15
Process name: menu
Process title ID: 0x0004003000008f02
Address: 0x00229350
Error code: 0xc884478
Press any button to reboot"

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So why did you even come here if you already had your answer? Lol Just buy a 3DS flashcard and be done with it. You're not going to be able to do everything you want with ONE device. Period.
If they say money isnt a issue. They should just buy the 3ds games, a ds and the ds games and stop spamming here about it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are some of the main things that are unsafe on the 3DS right now? Just wanna know so I don’t brick my system or get banned.
Nothing is "unsafe", in terms of proven. There is nothing using CFW that will 100%, without a doubt cause you a ban. So no one can answer your question.
So I have been doing progresses, putting an FTP server, got te save manager (not used yet though) but there are a few things I want still to ask.

What does NTR CFW does beside allowing you to use cheats? What is Freeshop? What does it do and should I install it? Can I use cheats on VC Pokemon or import my emulator saves on VC games?
NTR allows many things besides cheats but that most people won't use like debugging options, process dumps, RTS saving, Screenshots, blue light filters, wireless streaming (N3DS only) layeredFS and of course cheats. FreeShop is a clone of the eShop (for all intents and purposes) but with the title keys available without a paywall. It will let you download any game that is bought from eShop and uploaded to the title key databse. Once the title keys are decrypted it will be on freeshop for download, free. All it does it let you install digital titles, so it's up to you to install it or not. You can use cheats on VC Pokemon (GB/GBC/3DS) cheats with NTR yes, you can also upload your emulators save to the VC version as well.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except playing a game before it is released
Oh yes, I always forget to mention that because I expect people to have a little common sense. I expect too much Lol.

EDIT: With UsUmO right around the corner I should be more vigilant in mentioning it. I'll still play it early, but on my O3DS that hasn't seen an internet connection since it was unboxed Lol.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this MCU Brick I keep hearing of? Is it a hardbrick?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use freeShop for piracy, but it cannot be discussed here, in a public conversation.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is this MCU Brick I keep hearing of? Is it a hardbrick?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use freeShop for piracy, but it cannot be discussed here, in a public conversation.
From what minox had posted to a recent thread. The talk of how to install freeshop is fine here. Anything in regards to titlekeys. Thats what cannot be said here.

Found it. https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-how-to-play-roms-or-download-games.485206/#post-7604405

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already using cfw for my 3ds but viewing the original post right now, just wondering wouldn't it have been better for the recommended flash cart to be a supercard dstwo plus.I know it doesn't have an ntr feature yet but that's the real all in one flash cart and it's only like $40-$50 compared to that wanna be flash cart stargate, not to sure if that cart is even out yet. I think sometime after the supercard came out someone figured out how to play all 3ds games on that past 9.2, can't recall the exact time that happened and if it's even still possible to do that now. As far I can say supercard is still the best way to play gba games for the ds and 3ds. My my 3ds is the old one, so if a better emulator came out, it probably would work on my 3ds.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm already using cfw for my 3ds but viewing the original post right now, just wondering wouldn't it have been better for the recommended flash cart to be a supercard dstwo plus.I know it doesn't have an ntr feature yet but that's the real all in one flash cart and it's only like $40-$50 compared to that wanna be flash cart stargate, not to sure if that cart is even out yet. I think sometime after the supercard came out someone figured out how to play all 3ds games on that past 9.2, can't recall the exact time that happened and if it's even still possible to do that now. As far I can say supercard is still the best way to play gba games for the ds and 3ds. My my 3ds is the old one, so if a better emulator came out, it probably would work on my 3ds.
  • The DSTwo is a lot more expensive than the R4i Gold
  • The DSTwo is not compatible with ntrboot but the R4i Gold is
  • The DSTwo causes battery drain when inserted even if not used even in sleep mode, the R4i Gold doesn't
  • The DSTwo can play GBA and SNES games but that isn't useful as CFW can do those things
There's no reason to get a DSTwo over a R4i Gold.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • The DSTwo is a lot more expensive than the R4i Gold
  • The DSTwo is not compatible with ntrboot but the R4i Gold is
  • The DSTwo causes battery drain when inserted even if not used even in sleep mode, the R4i Gold doesn't
  • The DSTwo can play GBA and SNES games but that isn't useful as CFW can do those things
There's no reason to get a DSTwo over a R4i Gold.
I know the dstwo doesn't have ntr yet, I only said yet because there site says their supposedly working on it. I get that cfw can play gba and snes but gbarunner2 doesn't have the best compatibility yet and can't really say when it will.It's understandable to get the r4i, if you need it for ntrboot. I had my supercard for a long time, I just think it's the best combo for the 3ds with a cfw.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know the dstwo doesn't have ntr yet, I only said yet because there site says their supposedly working on it. I get that cfw can play gba and snes but gbarunner2 doesn't have the best compatibility yet and can't really say when it will.It's understandable to get the r4i, if you need it for ntrboot. I had my supercard for a long time, I just think it's the best combo for the 3ds with a cfw.
What's gbarunner2? Even if it can play some games better, the overheating and the fact it costs more than twice as much and that it can't be used for ntrboot (it's been looked at already, and it seems it can't be flashed back to working - I thought the team had given up on it but happy to be wrong) puts the R4i Gold on top.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's gbarunner2? Even if it can play some games better, the overheating and the fact it costs more than twice as much and that it can't be used for ntrboot (it's been looked at already, and it seems it can't be flashed back to working - I thought the team had given up on it but happy to be wrong) puts the R4i Gold on top.
I do hope the compatibility for the gbarunner gets better but I honestly never got it to work, when I say never got it to work, I'm saying I never got it to work on the twloader, that's the only time I ever tried to use it. I guess you could say I gave up on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P