• Views 4,447,276
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Rexlake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am trying to ntrboot with R4i Gold 3DS RTS with 3ds.guide. It mentions:

Ensure your flashcart is able to launch correctly before starting. Be sure to have any required kernel or firmware files copied to your flashcart’s SD card.

Where do I find these files?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I am trying to ntrboot with R4i Gold 3DS RTS with 3ds.guide. It mentions:

Ensure your flashcart is able to launch correctly before starting. Be sure to have any required kernel or firmware files copied to your flashcart’s SD card.

Where do I find these files?
On the website written on the label of your flashcart.
If you have the R4i Gold RTS 3DS supported by the guide is r4ids.cn

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to fix the "Error opening save archive" error in JKSM when backing up certain games?
Some games save in the extra data. Try backing up the extra data.
Some ways without CFW or with CFW to use Romhacks again? (on 11.6 new 3ds) not for me but for a friend i need to know.
Just get a flashcard to get CFW and install boot9strap. Once you have it, look into Luma's layeredfs feature.

Reactions: LUCIFXR

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Does OOT3Dhax need a sae dongle to work properly
2. Do you need to manually code the Kernel of a 3DS or use extra hardware like a save dongle or R4i gold flashcard or Gateway 3DS flashcard to make the A9LH exploit work?
3. Does CIAngel work with NH2 type exploits?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. Does OOT3Dhax need a sae dongle to work properly
2. Do you need to manually code the Kernel of a 3DS or use extra hardware like a save dongle or R4i gold flashcard or Gateway 3DS flashcard to make the A9LH exploit work?
3. Does CIAngel work with NH2 type exploits?

1) Depends. You can use a 3DS with access to the homebrew launcher instead of a save dongle.
2) A9LH? Why would you want A9LH? And what do you mean by "manually code the Kernel of a 3DS"?
3) (Assuming NH2 = Ninjhax2) I don't think so.

I suggest you go to https://3ds.guide/ to get informed on the latest hacking methods.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Depends. You can use a 3DS with access to the homebrew launcher instead of a save dongle.
2) A9LH? Why would you want A9LH? And what do you mean by "manually code the Kernel of a 3DS"?
3) (Assuming NH2 = Ninjhax2) I don't think so.

I suggest you go to https://3ds.guide/ to get informed on the latest hacking methods.
I don't see B9S as all *THAT* great. Its overrated to me tbh. A9LH isn't worthless at all, despite what your redditor mind may think. It is not obselote simply because things like ReiNAND and Luma after 7.0.5 don't support it. You are likely an Auroragoon who believes whatever Aurora says.
Also, NH2 is not just Ninjahax2 Other exploits like browserhax, beaconhax, and soundhax have similar attributes.
>latest update methods
A mixed bag nowadays when it comes to the 3DS homebrew scene.

Last edited by Megadriver94,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't see B9s as all *THAT* great. Its overrated to me tbh. A9LH isn't worthless at all, despite what your redditor mind may think. It is not obselote simply because things like ReiNAND and Luma after 7.0.5 don't support it. You are likely an Auroragoon who believes whatever Aurora says.
Also, NH2 is not just Ninjahax2 Other exploits like browser hacks and soundhax have similar attributes.
Why is boot9strap bad?

Reactions: DarthDub

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see B9S as all *THAT* great. Its overrated to me tbh. A9LH isn't worthless at all, despite what your redditor mind may think. It is not obselote simply because things like ReiNAND and Luma after 7.0.5 don't support it. You are likely an Auroragoon who believes whatever Aurora says.
Also, NH2 is not just Ninjahax2 Other exploits like browserhax, beaconhax, and soundhax have similar attributes.
>latest update methods
A mixed bag nowadays when it comes to the 3DS homebrew scene.
I don't think you know the difference between A9LH and B9S, because there hardly is any. Meaning they work almost the exact same way albeit B9S doesn't leave you with a corrupted Firm 0/1; if anything that's a benefit. These are just exploits that load before the NAND to load your CFW (whatever you choose to use) they don't have "features" that you would use once your homemenu is booted. B9S does the exact same thing A9LH did, but better. What are these "features" you're talking about?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its not bad, it is just overrated by many users here and especially on reddit. It can work, I think stuff like ReiNAND and Cakes do an at least slightly better Job at implementing it. It also doesn't have to ability to read .bin files, among other things.
Yeah it does, through chainloaders. You can even use A9LH payloads on B9S. How about you explore/ask around here and not believe everything you read on reddit?

Reactions: DarthDub

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Its not bad, it is just overrated by many users here and especially on reddit. It can work, I think stuff like ReiNAND and Cakes do an at least slightly better Job at implementing it. It also doesn't have to ability to read .bin files, among other things.
Not needing to downgrade to 2.1 is already a huge step forward.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you know the difference between A9LH and B9S, because there hardly is any. Meaning they work almost the exact same way albeit B9S doesn't leave you with a corrupted Firm 0/1; if anything that's a benefit. These are just exploits that load before the NAND to load your CFW (whatever you choose to use) they don't have "features" that you would use once your homemenu is booted. B9S does the exact same thing A9LH did, but better. What are these "features" you're talking about?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah it does, through chainloaders. You can even use A9LH payloads on B9S. How about you explore/ask around here and not believe everything you read on reddit?
>features
Though pre-B9s Luma was in need of *hax payload (as did early ReiNAND) the .bin files did not require a chainloader, though you are right about B9S having a far less likelyhood of the 0/1 firm error thing, thanks. However, I'd like to know if you can use CIAngel tool in a 3DS that has been enabled via exploits like NH2, Soundhax, browserhax, Beaconhax, menuhax, or Ironhax without getting errors? Oh, and I'm not from Reddit, I'm more of a 4chan kind of person.

Last edited by Megadriver94,

Lupinthe3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I was able to install a FTP and it works and to use FBI to delete stuff from my SD but still have issues with TitleDB since when I click on it in the FBI menu, it is empty, so I have no idea on how to dowload JKSM.
Also still a couple of doubt, I understand that playing online and using homebrew is safe right?
But what about updating a game? once I install my cia file, can I update it normally through the web via the 3ds as I would do with the cartridge or should I also install the update as CIA file?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to install a FTP and it works and to use FBI to delete stuff from my SD but still have issues with TitleDB since when I click on it in the FBI menu, it is empty, so I have no idea on how to dowload JKSM.
Also still a couple of doubt, I understand that playing online and using homebrew is safe right?
But what about updating a game? once I install my cia file, can I update it normally through the web via the 3ds as I would do with the cartridge or should I also install the update as CIA file?
Google search JKSM GBAtemp and you'll find the GBAtemp thread. That's where you can download it. No one really knows if using Homebrew while online is safe, but playing online is safe. Updating a game can be done via the eShop, via freeShop, or via an update CIA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto