Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
How did you hack it ?
Probably DSiWarehax, unless Quantum is crazy enough to pry open and hardmod a console 10 days after release ^_^ <- Oh, sorry Quantumcat, I missed your post where you actually said it was dsiwarehax ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Care to name a couple? Would they even be worth downgrading? I doubt it but I could be wrong.
I tried installing oot3dhax on FW 11.5 but the installer fails to load. Same for stickerhax. And if I'm not wrong, supermysterychunkhax installer doesn't work past 11.0. That would only mean you can't use that 3DS/2DS to install secondary exploits to game cards, though. Not a big thing if you don't need to use those exploits on some other consoles and wanted to hax a game card to run homebrew loader.
At this time, ninjrhax and freakyhax still work under 11.4 and they are primary exploits, so you can use them directly on the console you want to run homebrew on.
If you wanted to install CFW on 11.4/11.5 those exploits would not be useful because they only let you run HBL, you can't have access to arm9 on 11.4/11.5 and you're still left with dsiwarehax or hardmod for installing CFW, so I don't think it's worth downgrading just to install a secondary exploit on a game card that would just let you run HBL on a 11.4/11.5 OFW console.

Last edited by Izeman,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be safe to downgrade using Sysupdater on b9s 1.2 and Luma 8.1? Wouldn’t I screw something up? FIRM0 and FIRM1 should remain safe having b9s installed, right?
All it does is install new system title cias. It doesn't touch the Firm0/1. Yes, it's completely safe using your setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Keon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh so first of all a while back (I'd say March) my 64 GB SD card got corrupted and basically nothing would write to it anymore. Although I did manage to backup everything from it on my laptop before the corruption. So after all of that happened back in March I planned on getting another SD card and never touched my 3DS since then until today, I now have a new 64 GB one which I formatted to fat 32. While I had my 3ds on the bed my sister accidentally updated to 11.5 while I was gone. So the main question is what has she messed up for me since she updated and what use do my back up files from my previous sd card have now? Are they worthless now? I was on Luma 3DS CFW A9HL 11.3 or 11.4 (I think), had tons of games,FBI,Freeshop,etc. all the good stuff. Any Help?

Oh and Btw as far as I can tell I still have CFW somewhat. Holding select while powering on brings up a Luma3DS v6.6 configuration so I guess that's something

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ehhh so first of all a while back (I'd say March) my 64 GB SD card got corrupted and basically nothing would write to it anymore. Although I did manage to backup everything from it on my laptop before the corruption. So after all of that happened back in March I planned on getting another SD card and never touched my 3DS since then until today, I now have a new 64 GB one which I formatted to fat 32. While I had my 3ds on the bed my sister accidentally updated to 11.5 while I was gone. So the main question is what has she messed up for me since she updated and what use do my back up files from my previous sd card have now? Are they worthless now? I was on Luma 3DS CFW A9HL 11.3 or 11.4 (I think), had tons of games,FBI,Freeshop,etc. all the good stuff. Any Help?

Oh and Btw as far as I can tell I still have CFW somewhat. Holding select while powering on brings up a Luma3DS v6.6 configuration so I guess that's something
You can download Luma 7.0.5 and copy its arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your sd which should make your 3ds bootable.
You can put the files from the old sd to the new one and you should have all your stuff back.

Reactions: Keon

Keon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download Luma 7.0.5 and copy its arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your sd which should make your 3ds bootable.
You can put the files from the old sd to the new one and you should have all your stuff back.
Okay will do! Also due to the banwave what method would be best for getting games now without a ban? (Freeshop,CIAngle,etc.?)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay will do! Also due to the banwave what method would be best for getting games now without a ban? (Freeshop,CIAngle,etc.?)
From 3ds.guide:

There have been reports of a wave of bans being handed out to CFW users by Nintendo. To protect yourself, please do the following steps before starting this guide:

Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”

Disable the “Sending of System Information” option

Exit the System Settings

Go to your Friend’s List (the Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)

If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend’s List setting is already disabled

Go to the Friend’s List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”

Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option

Exit your Friend’s List

It doesn't matter where you download games. I think they were detecting the usage of homebrew apps.

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed https://3ds.guide and then installed Freeshop. I got a little scared of having that yellow internet light lit all the time. I know I can just turn off the Wifi slider on the side, but short of that, what needs to be done to make me as protected from the banhammer (when and if it ever comes) as possible?

I went into Spotpass and disabled "Sending of System Information" and then went into Friend List and set both "allow friends to see your online status" and "allow friends to see what you are playing" to "Don't Allow." Anything else I should lock down? Do I need to mess with Spotpass for every individual game?

Thanks

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have followed https://3ds.guide and then installed Freeshop. I got a little scared of having that yellow internet light lit all the time. I know I can just turn off the Wifi slider on the side, but short of that, what needs to be done to make me as protected from the banhammer (when and if it ever comes) as possible?

I went into Spotpass and disabled "Sending of System Information" and then went into Friend List and set both "allow friends to see your online status" and "allow friends to see what you are playing" to "Don't Allow." Anything else I should lock down? Do I need to mess with Spotpass for every individual game?

Thanks
You should be fine

Reactions: RickyEarl

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have found a system on 1.1.0-0E .. How should I update to <11.3 ?
Thanks
Have a look at https://3ds.guide/cart-update
You don't have a browser so you need to do one of the following
1. Update to 4.0-4.5 or 6.0-6.3 and use a ds flashcart to do the MSET exploit
2. Update to 9.0-11.3 and use one of these methods to enter Homebrew Launcher: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives)
3. Online update to 11.5 and use another 3ds that already has cfw and dsiwarehax to install cfw

Last edited by Uumas,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Im not new here, but since i'm getting a n2dsxl, i have only available the DSiwarehax option to hack it, so, here's the question:
I have in my source 3DS Zelda4swords, with this, i could get everything done, but, the question is, this 4swords i have i got it from my DSi originally so i don't know if it will be transferred to the target console, or it will be dissapeared.

Anyone have info on this subject? Thanks guys!!!

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, the first one was so easy I'm going to do another 3ds. This one has a Gateway card. I figure that the Gateway folks might never get to 11.5.

I saw the tutorial for importing Gateway saves for cia - looks like lots of fun.

Anyway, the sysNAND is 4.4.0. So according to the guide I can do either the MSET or the browser. Since there's a Gateway blue and red card here, it's really my choice. Is there any reason to do one or the other? Does it matter that emuNAND for Gateway is 9.9.0?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to downgrade my 11.4 N2DS XL via dsiware, but on

https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

11.4 has no method listed. It's just blank. Do I just click & follow the 11.5 method? I am under the assumption that the same methods are used.
Use the 11.5 link. 11.5 changed nothing in terms of methods used to hack the system.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK, the first one was so easy I'm going to do another 3ds. This one has a Gateway card. I figure that the Gateway folks might never get to 11.5.

I saw the tutorial for importing Gateway saves for cia - looks like lots of fun.

Anyway, the sysNAND is 4.4.0. So according to the guide I can do either the MSET or the browser. Since there's a Gateway blue and red card here, it's really my choice. Is there any reason to do one or the other? Does it matter that emuNAND for Gateway is 9.9.0?
It doesn't matter which one you do, but the MSET method might be a little more reliable.

Im not new here, but since i'm getting a n2dsxl, i have only available the DSiwarehax option to hack it, so, here's the question:
I have in my source 3DS Zelda4swords, with this, i could get everything done, but, the question is, this 4swords i have i got it from my DSi originally so i don't know if it will be transferred to the target console, or it will be dissapeared.

Anyone have info on this subject? Thanks guys!!!
As long as it is on a 3DS and you follow the guide to insert the save, it will work. It's only DSi->3DS that doesn't preserve save data.

Reactions: RickyEarl

Rokal

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sooo, I think I have a little problem. I have an Old 3DS XL with version 11.5.0-38E installed, and I looked up the methods available for that version and I can't really do them, because I don't have another 3DS, and even if I could ask a friend for theirs I'm pretty sure they don't have the eShop games needed for it. Does this mean I'm just screwed or can I do something about this? Can't I downgrade my system version somehow so I can use any of the older methods?

Sorry if this has already been answered before

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sooo, I think I have a little problem. I have an Old 3DS XL with version 11.5.0-38E installed, and I looked up the methods available for that version and I can't really do them, because I don't have another 3DS, and even if I could ask a friend for theirs I'm pretty sure they don't have the eShop games needed for it. Does this mean I'm just screwed or can I do something about this? Can't I downgrade my system version somehow so I can use any of the older methods?

Sorry if this has already been answered before
They don't have to have a specific game already, see https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

However it's not such a good idea to use a friend's console because:
  1. They'll lose their data for a week until you transfer back
  2. You'll lose your data permanently (unless you transfer to theirs first, if they have CFW they can restore)
  3. If you both have NNIDs then they will get stuck together on one console and you'll have to call Nintendo to separate them, who could refuse
You are better off finding a 2DS, hacking it, then using it to install CFW on your system, then selling it. OR taking this opportunity to upgrade to a N3DS (hack it, then transfer to it to keep your data, then sell your old one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1