• Views 4,541,345
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

NeoNekaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my 3DS to be downgraded from 11.3.0.u to 2.1..0-4U to work with DSTWO Plus when I buy it. It works fine but only when I have no SD card inside of it. I'm wondering if I made a mistake that will end up being a big deal or not.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I hacked my 3DS to be downgraded from 11.3.0.u to 2.1..0-4U to work with DSTWO Plus when I buy it. It works fine but only when I have no SD card inside of it. I'm wondering if I made a mistake that will end up being a big deal or not.
1. You shouldn't leave it on 2.1, or you won't be able to play hardly any games.
2. You should be following 3ds.guide/get-started not any other guide
3. Don't use DS Two Plus in Gateway mode, or your console could be bricked.

Reactions: NeoNekaku

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Better yet - Don't use DS Two Plus at all. Save your money. Follow the guide, have CFW installed and use freeShop to play the games.

Trophies
XP
Country
I need HELP with GBA save inject.

I'm trying to inject a save of Legacy of Goku 2 that I accidentally deleted.

I've been following this guide:

-Play your VC GBA game -The save will be loaded in RAM. Now just after playing and saving in the game, quit the game and launch Decrypt9 (But don't power OFF your 3DS. The GBA VC save must be in RAM when you launch Decrypt9. -Dump your save (it will only dump the save of the last game you have played. Don't power OFF you 3DS after playing the GBA game. The save must be in RAM to be dumped) -Rename your save file to "your_game.bin" and backup it to your PC

If you want to restore your save: -Launch your GBA VC game (the save will be loaded in RAM) -Quit the game and launch decrypt9 (Don't power OFF you 3DS after playing the GBA game. The save must be in RAM to be dumped) -Restore your save

I'm having issues with injecting the save. I keep getting "No usable file found" after I replace the save I dumped with the new one. I don't know what's happening.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I got my n3dsxl just today and I got it a9hl now I want to know if there is a way to transfer my downloaded games and save data from my o3dsxl to my new" one that were DL'ed from "that title key site" so I dont have to download everything all over again. I see that all games and data are stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder can I copy and paste the folder over to the n3dsxl assuming both consoles have no emunands?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so I got my n3dsxl just today and I got it a9hl now I want to know if there is a way to transfer my downloaded games and save data from my o3dsxl to my new" one that were DL'ed from "that title key site" so I dont have to download everything all over again. I see that all games and data are stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder can I copy and paste the folder over to the n3dsxl assuming both consoles have no emunands?
The N3DS will not be able to read the data of the O3DS. You can do a system transfer, which will move all your legit stuff, saves, and the game data but not the tickets for pirated games. You can use TikShop to install all tickets though which will make them show up again.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N3DS will not be able to read the data of the O3DS. You can do a system transfer, which will move all your legit stuff, saves, and the game data but not the tickets for pirated games. You can use TikShop to install all tickets though which will make them show up again.

So the n3ds folder is tied to the 3ds it was made on.. great but do I still have to re download cias from my o3dsxl to the new one in order for the cias to show up on the new one?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So the n3ds folder is tied to the 3ds it was made on.. great but do I still have to re download cias from my o3dsxl to the new one in order for the cias to show up on the new one?
Do a system transfer then use tikShop to reinstall tickets. You don't have to reinstall the cias unless they're not available in the database.

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
heay,
i bought an broken N3DS xl, but both LCDs don't work, but i can hear the home sounds and the touchscreen still work, is it possible to fix it without replacing the LCDs?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
heay,
i bought an broken N3DS xl, but both LCDs don't work, but i can hear the home sounds and the touchscreen still work, is it possible to fix it without replacing the LCDs?
Nope, looks like a hardware failure, so changing both screen is probably your only solution

Tamaro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone !
I have already hacked an old 3DS fine and I just wan't to hack my new 3DS.
I have Followed the guide, but I have a problem
I'm at the section 6 on this page : https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
And when i want to back up or Inject my "Health and Safety" I have an error : This won't work on O3DS < 7.x or A9LH.
I've followed the guide and i don't know what is wrong.

Thanks by advance for your help !

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone !
I have already hacked an old 3DS fine and I just wan't to hack my new 3DS.
I have Followed the guide, but I have a problem
I'm at the section 6 on this page : https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
And when i want to back up or Inject my "Health and Safety" I have an error : This won't work on O3DS < 7.x or A9LH.
I've followed the guide and i don't know what is wrong.

Thanks by advance for your help !
Did you update? It is in the guide:

Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
  • Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe, stop asking about it
  • The warning about never updating a New 3DS from 2.1.0 does not apply after restoring your NAND backup.
  • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
  • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer

Also make sure you are using the latest version of Decrypt9. Download it again to be sure.

Tamaro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your help but I have find !
It was a mistake from me.
I have hacked my O3DS few month ago and i have file from this period (data_input v3) and i have used the wrong files for the hack of my new 3DS.
I have Upgraded A9LH with the data_input v4 and all is OK.
Thanks again for your help and sorry for mistake !

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so...

I initially gave my OG O3DS to someone in need because they didn't have anything to play pokemon on. Fast forward to today, and finding out that since they were able to pick up another, they gifted back it to me again.

Was at first disappointed because it was already on 11.2... then recalled that SoundHax was a thing.

So anyway, following the A9LH guide, and get to Section 3 of this chapter. It says I should hold select while booting to configure Luma CFW, and while this hasn't been a problem on any other unit I've used CFW on yet, all it's doing here (after deleting the home menu data) is just booting the home menu, on 2.1.0... Uh, so how do I snap it out of this conundrum?

Shaytaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone, i have a problem i hope somebody can help me, after i run a game the 3ds (on rxtools) shows me: an error has ocurred. Hold down the power button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. I can´t delete games either. What can i do? also when i try to delete the cia or other archive file from the sd card, it reappear once i put again the sd card on my pc

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so...

I initially gave my OG O3DS to someone in need because they didn't have anything to play pokemon on. Fast forward to today, and finding out that since they were able to pick up another, they gifted back it to me again.

Was at first disappointed because it was already on 11.2... then recalled that SoundHax was a thing.

So anyway, following the A9LH guide, and get to Section 3 of this chapter. It says I should hold select while booting to configure Luma CFW, and while this hasn't been a problem on any other unit I've used CFW on yet, all it's doing here (after deleting the home menu data) is just booting the home menu, on 2.1.0... Uh, so how do I snap it out of this conundrum?
Did you follow all of Section II?
Does the console boot without the SD card in? If so, you haven't installed a9lh yet. Check Section II more carefully and try again. If it doesn't, that means you must have configured Luma already. Delete config.bin from the luma folder to make the config menu come up again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone, i have a problem i hope somebody can help me, after i run a game the 3ds (on rxtools) shows me: an error has ocurred. Hold down the power button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. I can´t delete games either. What can i do? also when i try to delete the cia or other archive file from the sd card, it reappear once i put again the sd card on my pc
Follow http://3ds.guide/get-started, rxTools is too outdated for anyone to be able to help you with it.
Edit: Also, before beginning, you should test your SD card with H2testw. It sounds dodgy.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Shaytaan

TheRomGuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3ds with firmware 10.2.0-28U was wondering is there any exploit to downgrade the firmware to 9.2 without using a game cartridge ? i do have a dstwo plus if that helps. if so can anyone give me a link to a tutorial or something i would really appreciate it thanks :D

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3ds with firmware 10.2.0-28U was wondering is there any exploit to downgrade the firmware to 9.2 without using a game cartridge ? i do have a dstwo plus if that helps. if so can anyone give me a link to a tutorial or something i would really appreciate it thanks :D
you should go to https://3ds.guide. you can do everything without any extra hardware or games. there is no need to downgrade to 9.2.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow all of Section II?
Does the console boot without the SD card in? If so, you haven't installed a9lh yet. Check Section II more carefully and try again. If it doesn't, that means you must have configured Luma already. Delete config.bin from the luma folder to make the config menu come up again.
Yes I did. It gave me the glitched screen, but pressed select to let it install, then pressed any button and it turned off. Doesn't matter if I hold select or start when turning it on, it just goes to the same home menu.

Just tried booting it with no SD card, and it gives a brief flash of the top screen, but it does boot. What the hell? I followed everything up to this point. It gave me an otp.bin and everything. :wacko:

**UPDATE**

okay, rebooted to start the process again... now that I have a clear screen, what I then get is an error saying "payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size"...

The guide has me use data-Input v3, but I used v4 for my N3DS system. Should I use v4's payload instead?

I've tried redownloading it four times now, overwriting it each time, and I still get the same damn error. To say this is aggravating, is an understatement.

**update again**

Damn, I need to stop doing these things when I'm tired... figured out the files it was referring to, were in the wrong folder. Now it's successfully A9'd. :gba:

Last edited by codezer0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A