• Likes 43

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks a ton! :D

I heard that 64k clusters have issues with GBA games because of a bug in the AGB_Firm? Is that true? Also does 64k take up twice the space as 32k? How does that work.

I've never heard of such things? As for the other question I'm not too sure either, that's outta my field.
I'll just let you know that I can play any GBA game just fine and have had no issues what so ever.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Been reading some YT comments about ppl bricking their consoles and whatnot and this one case popped up .. Just wondering if this guy is permanently bricked? Don't even begin to ask why this scenario happened because I don't even...

So the guy is on 2.1. And tries to use Oothax (dont ask me why), Oot wants to update to 4.0. He does that. Sound or oothax wouldn't work after this, so he updates to 6.x with Omega Ruby. Now console results in a black screen.

I'm confused by his story (in more ways than one obviously) because if he initially updated on 2.1 which already isn't recommended, and the console didn't brick, how could it brick when updating from 4.x to 6.x? His console is Old 3DS afaik.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading some YT comments about ppl bricking their consoles and whatnot and this one case popped up .. Just wondering if this guy is permanently bricked? Don't even begin to ask why this scenario happened because I don't even...

So the guy is on 2.1. And tries to use Oothax (dont ask me why), Oot wants to update to 4.0. He does that. Sound or oothax wouldn't work after this, so he updates to 6.x with Omega Ruby. Now console results in a black screen.

I'm confused by his story (in more ways than one obviously) because if he initially updated on 2.1 which already isn't recommended, and the console didn't brick, how could it brick when updating from 4.x to 6.x? His console is Old 3DS afaik.

Depends really. If his 3DS was an O3DS with stock 2.1, then cart updating if fine. Even if it were to be downgraded from X.X ver to 2.1 he could still update because the firmware will run correctly on his O3DS. It isn't advised to update period from the guide, correct, but that only applies towards N3DS users because N3DS' were never meant to run 2.1 which will result in bricks.

I'm not sure why he bricked going from 4.X to 6.X tho, that's a mysterious case. He shoulda just went to newest firmware with the way the guide works now tbh.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@opollon yes it will work on that Firmware. and if you dump a cart to a cia, you'll have a cia come in the game9 folder that can be installed

Is course you cannot dump a R4i flashcard!

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks

I`ve just heard about legit CIAs and decided to give it a try.

I have old 3DS XL with - 10.1.0-27U Firmware.

I have been using SKU3DS ( with one button )

I want to just install as much of those legit CIAs as possible but do not want to mess with downgrade FW, CFW etc..

Here is what I think I should do.

1. Install HomeBrew using this web: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ using SoundHax method.

2. Put FBI and legit CIAs on my SD card

3. Install CIAs via FBI.

So does it sound reasonable on my 10.1 FW?

thanks for your feedback I though i would better ask than brick my thing.

V.

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I access decrypt9 after using 3ds.guide? I deleted everything except the stuff it said to keep at the end and I went back to the beginning where it accessed decrypt9 through safehax, but when I try using safehax it just goes to a black screen. What do I do?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Folks

I`ve just heard about legit CIAs and decided to give it a try.

I have old 3DS XL with - 10.1.0-27U Firmware.

I have been using SKU3DS ( with one button )

I want to just install as much of those legit CIAs as possible but do not want to mess with downgrade FW, CFW etc..

Here is what I think I should do.

1. Install HomeBrew using this web: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ using SoundHax method.

2. Put FBI and legit CIAs on my SD card

3. Install CIAs via FBI.

So does it sound reasonable on my 10.1 FW?

thanks for your feedback I though i would better ask than brick my thing.

V.
You'll have a much easier time following 3ds.guide. Then you'll have step by step instructions instead of having to work out what to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up