• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry. can you spoon feed me 1 more time T_T.
homebrew is for the hacked 3ds isnt it?
how can a stock 3ds install cia or 3dsx?

Homebrew is not for "hacked" 3DS' only.
You can use a cartridge for example (that is exploitable) to launch Homebrew on a vanilla (stock) 3DS.
You can't install CIA's (unless they're "legit" CIA's) on stock 3DS that are 11.0+ and 3dsx aren't "installed" per say, but they're just dragged into the "3ds" folder and you'll be able to execute whatever the .3dsx is. (which would be a save manager in this case)

Last edited by Posghetti,
D

Deleted User

What is this talk of Nintendo still banning people? I thought all the recent bans were only because people used leaked copy of a Pokemon Moon/Sun, but if people are still being banned as we speak then wtf? I thought A9LH+Luma is untraceable; the games you download off Freehop are identical to those of actual eShop so there's no way for Nintendo to know?

Relating to that, is it really safe to use Homebrew applications while connected to the internet? When I was using FBI but had it suspended on the background my friend told me that it said in friendlist that I was "playing" "FBI - Open source CIA installer" .. I mean if Nintendo saw that that'd be an insta-ban now wouldn't it?

Also on an unrelated note, seeing as Legends of Exidia is now being pulled .. should my friend buy it on his O3DS while it's still available on the EUR region? He's waiting for slowhax right now, and I'm assuming when slowhax is released he still needs access to Homebrew launcher so he needs one of the exploitable games? I'm sure other exploits will emerge, but Legends of Exidia is at least, quite cheap.
No bans,however Nintendo have a bug bounty up for the 3ds which means they are willing to pay modders 20,000$ each for how to patch all the exploits such as completely locking up all the cart exploits such as cubic ninja or a way to shut down a9lh during a update.Appernently Nintendo have no idea otherwise they wouldn't of made the bug bounty,however there are modders on the community who know how to shut them down so all it takes is a snitch.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No bans,however Nintendo have a bug bounty up for the 3ds which means they are willing to pay modders 20,000$ each for how to patch all the exploits such as completely locking up all the cart exploits such as cubic ninja or a way to shut down a9lh during a update.Appernently Nintendo have no idea otherwise they wouldn't of made the bug bounty,however there are modders on the community who know how to shut them down so all it takes is a snitch.

So what we can deduce from this is that we should not update our A9LH consoles when an update is released, until it's deemed safe to do so ..But is it really realistically possible for Nintendo to shut down A9LH while updating in the first place? Wasn't A9LH supposed to be like un-patchable?

I asked about the bans though because on some other threads I can see people still discuss bans, localfriendseeds and what have you. So are they banning people randomly now or is that still the aftermath of the Pokemon leak?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what we can deduce from this is that we should not update our A9LH consoles when an update is released, until it's deemed safe to do so ..But is it really realistically possible for Nintendo to shut down A9LH while updating in the first place? Wasn't A9LH supposed to be like un-patchable?

I asked about the bans though because on some other threads I can see people still discuss bans, localfriendseeds and what have you. So are they banning people randomly now or is that still the aftermath of the Pokemon leak?

That's an entirely different story now that you're talking about that.
Localfriendseed_b bans are different from the Sun/Moon Bans, but are linked together. Got banned from Sun & Moon? Use the Localfriendseed_b method :D (This is how they're linked together)

IIRC, 2+ 3DS systems online at the same time with the same Localfriendseed_b will cause a ban for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted User

Basically Nintendo can't shut a9lh down themselves,however the people who make these exploits possible such as aura,smea or yellows8 know how.Nintendo are bribing hackers for a hackproof update in a nutshell.But yes you shouldn't update until its sead to be safe on here to do so,espicially with the bug bounty up.Im pretty shure someone will snitch.

I haven't heard about the bans since sun and moon.Im assuming they went online early and got caught in a late banwave I guess.There is of course methods of getting unbanned eather way anyways.

Last edited by ,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That whole Bug Bounty seems kinda sketchy though. They say they reserve right to award the reward only to the first reporter, and the amount depends on the quality of the report. But seeing as the one who's gonna tell them how to patch A9LH is probably one of the people who were involved in making it in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo shafted them and paid only $100 .. which basically nothing. After all it is within their rights to do so.

With that in mind maybe there's a chance no one will snitch .. but then again, a potential 20,000 is a lot of money. Hell I'd be tempted ..

Reactions: Deleted User

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew is not for "hacked" 3DS' only.
You can use a cartridge for example (that is exploitable) to launch Homebrew on a vanilla (stock) 3DS.
You can't install CIA's (unless they're "legit" CIA's) on stock 3DS that are 11.0+ and 3dsx aren't "installed" per say, but they're just dragged into the "3ds" folder and you'll be able to execute whatever the .3dsx is. (which would be a save manager in this case)

i just tried to copy .3dsx
root/
root/3ds/
root/nintendo 3ds/
root/nintendo 3ds/3ds/

none seem to make jksm to show up in home screen.
i dont have homebrew launcher.. as this is 'target 3ds' which is stock n3ds(11.2)
apologizes for not mentioning version info.
so for my case, using jksm isn't possible to export game data?

i'm bit confused cause website made me go through and identify which type of method/system i will be using
yet jksm step isn't possible for 11.2?(assuming its not possible)

lance615

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just installed Homebrew on my 9.5.0 Old 3DS to try to use PKhex for ORAS and S&M, works for ORAS but got yellow screen for S&M.

Should I update my system to the latest version to be able to run SaveManager on Homebrew? Or will updating the firmware make it incompatible for the 3DS to run Homebrew?

Thanks in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed Homebrew on my 9.5.0 Old 3DS to try to use PKhex for ORAS and S&M, works for ORAS but got yellow screen for S&M.

Should I update my system to the latest version to be able to run SaveManager on Homebrew? Or will updating the firmware make it incompatible for the 3DS to run Homebrew?

Thanks in advance.
https://3ds.guide is the best place to start, you would be able to update and keep homebrew just fine.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I have a ticket in my ticket.db from long ago that was a legit download of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, I was able to see this using a decrypted NAND and CDN-FX. However the ticket does not seem to show up in FBI.
I don't have access to the e-shop to redownload it legitimately. So my question is, since this legit, console specific ticket is in my DB, if I use something like freeShop or a generated CIA from CDN-FX, will this be "legit enough" to use my console as a DSIWare downgrade source?

I tried using CDN-FXs "Use unique ConsoleID" feature when building the CIA, but the CIA then fails to install through FBI. Am I just doing something wroing?

Thanks.
Anybody?

I've since managed to find all tickets on my 3DS related to it and deleted them, including the broken title that existed, but it still errors when trying to install the "unique Console ID" version of the CIA I made using my legit ticket from my ticket.db. I can install the 000000 console ID version fine though, so is having the legit ticket on my 3DS good enough to handle the system transfer process so I can downgrade the New 3DS? Is there any way for me to test if my system is going to throw out the title or not during the transfer?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have and use Gateway (With A9LH and Luma installed) and am thinking about picking up Mario Maker 3DS and have a few questions:

- When I dump game, does it need to be converted to Card1 or Card2 format like Pokemon Sun/Moon needed to be?
- Is it safe to go online with game on Gateway? Any ban risks?
- How should I dump game (Gateway dump or Decrypt9) and do I need Private Header? If yes for Private Header, how do I extract it and import to game dump?

Thoughts on all this GREATLY appreciated :)

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have and use Gateway (With A9LH and Luma installed) and am thinking about picking up Mario Maker 3DS and have a few questions:

- When I dump game, does it need to be converted to Card1 or Card2 format like Pokemon Sun/Moon needed to be?
- Is it safe to go online with game on Gateway? Any ban risks?
- How should I dump game (Gateway dump or Decrypt9) and do I need Private Header? If yes for Private Header, how do I extract it and import to game dump?

Thoughts on all this GREATLY appreciated :)
Why not use a CIA?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried to copy .3dsx
root/
root/3ds/
root/nintendo 3ds/
root/nintendo 3ds/3ds/

none seem to make jksm to show up in home screen.
i dont have homebrew launcher.. as this is 'target 3ds' which is stock n3ds(11.2)
apologizes for not mentioning version info.
so for my case, using jksm isn't possible to export game data?

i'm bit confused cause website made me go through and identify which type of method/system i will be using
yet jksm step isn't possible for 11.2?(assuming its not possible)

Do you not have a exploitable game to enter the HBL? I said that you needed one earlier.
A game such as Freakyforms, Cubic Ninja, TLOZ: OoT, etc.

ikako

Trophies
XP
Country
hello ,

I have O3DS running gateway emunand updated to latest current firmware. i have downloaded the long awaited super mario maker rom from 10 different sources (3ds or cia tried both) and none of them worked. all of them go black screen and freeze there after nintendo logo.

is there anything i can do to run this game? why its not workin?

---------------------

and one more question...
if I have gateway cart working what is the point of luma? what it does?

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically I have an old 3DS with no Homebrew or CFW or anything, and I want to do a system transfer from that system to a new 3DS with AL9H. I got confirmation that the CFW does not get deleted when transferred, but what do I do about all the contents in the SD Card of the New 3DS?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob questions regarding cheats and patching:
Related thread (felt like too noob questions to ask there)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/batch-t...hes-for-pkmn-su-mo.452178/page-3#post-6907355
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-moon-gateshark-ntr-request.447851/page-43 (specificly post #845)

Current Set up: N3DS with a9lh and Luma. Uses BootNTR for cheats.
Have both cart of SuMo and cia files.

1) So first I heard of IPS patching. What is that? Does it also translate to patching CIA files?
Basic information look up tells me it is similar to Homebrew permanent, but permanent and for Rom files.
2) I know in game if you have a plugin active, you can't go online. That a setting coded into NTR itself. To go online, you need to restart 3ds and game without opening up NTR. However, Post #845 suggest you can turn off NTR via Luma settings without restarting 3ds. Can anyone explain?
3) Regarding NTR codes, how does one edit code.bin to add cheats into? Simply use a hex editor?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since I have arm9loaderhax and fieldrunners on my 2DS will I be able to hack a brand new NEW 3DSXL?

It seems it needs to be below 11.2 right? Is it safe to assume a new system will be below 11.2 out of the box?

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so here it goes.

I have 2 2ds systems

1 has a9lh installed and is on the latest firmware. I also have LoE installed on this system.

1 is on 11.0 that i want to downgrade.

The cfw enabled 2ds was banned for the sun/moon stuff. I've used both methods to bypass online ban and e-shop ban so i can go online and access eshop as of now.

However i cant link a NNID to the cfw enabled 2ds. Which means i couldn't download steeldiver.

So any alternative for steeldiver? That seems to be the last step i need. (I know about OOThax but i dont have the game. Only carts i have are Pokemon X and Alpha Sapphire)

Last edited by phillyrider807,

Mr. Sparkle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have a n3ds on 11.1. I've followed the guide at 3ds.guide to prepare my SD card. The steps that detail the installation though start with: 1. You should be on 2.1.

Wut? There was nothing mentioned in the guide before then about downgrading... And like blaisdinsd said in the comment before me, the guide states this works on all devices<11.2.

Do I need to downgrade or should I just skip that because it's obsolete info that was not removed when they updated the guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.