DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Did you dump the save file too?
Rename it "titleid.sav" where the titleid is dependent on your game. Search it up here (http://3ds.essh.co/)
Then drag the save file to your sd card (big one in the 3ds)

Supposedly works on 8.x. For more details, go ask smealum. *downs 2 shots*

OK so I put my mario kart in my 3ds I went to gateway settings and did save backup, I backed up the save on the big SD card. Then I renamed the AMKEY.SAV to 0004000000030800.sav, went into gateway mario kart and it says save is corrupted and will now delete it

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK so I put my mario kart in my 3ds I went to gateway settings and did save backup, I backed up the save on the big SD card. Then I renamed the AMKEY.SAV to 0004000000030800.sav, went into gateway mario kart and it says save is corrupted and will now delete it
How big is the save file? I believe the save file needs to be exactly 512 kB. If not, you're sadly out of luck.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
mario kart has a 512kb save, you need to dump your own cart and rename the extension to .3dz

main point is that it needs to be a dump of the exact cart the save is from and needs the extension changed to .3dz

Dr. Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres prob an easy one. got my 3ds xl 4.5 all setup with gateway. i can launch 3ds games just fine. how on earth do i launch a DS game? use the blue card? where do i put my backed up DS games?

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres prob an easy one. got my 3ds xl 4.5 all setup with gateway. i can launch 3ds games just fine. how on earth do i launch a DS game? use the blue card? where do i put my backed up DS games?

DS Games just go on Blue card Micro SD and itll run like the Gateway Installer

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Q for pokemon y, how do i connect to my X game when both r in same room. Sorry im thinking of the old way of doing it in the poke center I never did it with the new gen 6 game. i dont want to go online with my Y from my gateway so i dont risk banning my game/system when i just got my cards working [and spend money on a 2nd 3ds]. I want to trade between my 2 games without going online like i was able with my older games.

Raymond7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i am planning to buy a Nintendo 2DS soon. I know the version will be higher than 4.1-4.5
My question is:
If i buy the Gateway flashcard what functions will be available/working on the 2DS now?
DS games? limited 3DS games? or nothing will be working?

Or should i buy pokemon X instead of the card and wait till the card supports the new 3ds firmware?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can i run multiple DS games on one SD?
Yes, just put all the ds roms anywhere on the sd (I have them in a folder called "DS Games", with some sub folders for genre, but do what you feel like), you can browse the whole card from the Wood menu.

Person above me, don't buy a Gateway, you won't be able to use either card. Buy pokemon if you must, and wait to see what the future holds.

Munshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello people. Quick question.

Got a 3DS on 4.5 with Gateway. Is it safe to update to the latest 8.1 in emunand? Will it then work when Gateway updates the launcher.dat? What's the best thing to do? I fear Nintendo will release an update before Gateway does.

Thanks in advance
B-)

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i am planning to buy a Nintendo 2DS soon. I know the version will be higher than 4.1-4.5
My question is:
If i buy the Gateway flashcard what functions will be available/working on the 2DS now?
DS games? limited 3DS games? or nothing will be working?

Or should i buy pokemon X instead of the card and wait till the card supports the new 3ds firmware?
Most DS games and none of the 3ds.

Hello people. Quick question.

Got a 3DS on 4.5 with Gateway. Is it safe to update to the latest 8.1 in emunand? Will it then work when Gateway updates the launcher.dat? What's the best thing to do? I fear Nintendo will release an update before Gateway does.

Thanks in advance
B-)
Backup your current emunand partition with emunand tool. Update the emunand to 8.1. Backup emunand 8.1 then restore to the original firmware
http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Dr. Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool than
Yes, just put all the ds roms anywhere on the sd (I have them in a folder called "DS Games", with some sub folders for genre, but do what you feel like), you can browse the whole card from the Wood menu.

Person above me, don't buy a Gateway, you won't be able to use either card. Buy pokemon if you must, and wait to see what the future holds.
Ok cool, I know that running DS games automatically wipes the DS exploit so that you have to do it again is there anyway to prevent this when playing a ds game? Or do people just re-run the exploit everytime they want to go from a ds game to a 3ds game?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok cool than
Ok cool, I know that running DS games automatically wipes the DS exploit so that you have to do it again is there anyway to prevent this when playing a ds game? Or do people just re-run the exploit everytime they want to go from a ds game to a 3ds game?
You just answered your own question. No.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys, another noooob here :)

Have some issues with Gateway Omega 2.2, my console is 4.4 (Blue-Black 3DS XL). So generally everything is good, all 6 roms that I've tested so far works like a charm. Unfortunately there is one strange thing, when I go to Settings I see GW3D 4.4.0-10E (and that's great) BUT but everytime I press X to close Settings and back to Home screen Gateway is just stop working. So I forced to back to Settings=>Profile=>NDS Profile to re-run Gateway exploit again and I have 70% chances to get system error message "Bla-bla system error, press Power button to shutdown the console and call to support". My Gateway cards are genuine, checked Samsung 4GB SD card that came with my 3DS XL - works fine.

So is it ok to restart Gateway exploit each time when you open and close Settings?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys, another noooob here :)

Have some issues with Gateway Omega 2.2, my console is 4.4 (Blue-Black 3DS XL). So generally everything is good, all 6 roms that I've tested so far works like a charm. Unfortunately there is one strange thing, when I go to Settings I see GW3D 4.4.0-10E (and that's great) BUT but everytime I press X to close Settings and back to Home screen Gateway is just stop working. So I forced to back to Settings=>Profile=>NDS Profile to re-run Gateway exploit again and I have 70% chances to get system error message "Bla-bla system error, press Power button to shutdown the console and call to support". My Gateway cards are genuine, checked Samsung 4GB SD card that came with my 3DS XL - works fine.

So is it ok to restart Gateway exploit each time when you open and close Settings?
As for your question which I marked in bold... Yes, it's absolutely normal that you need to go back into Gateway Mode when you open and close settings. Every time you do so, you're kicked out of Gateway Mode, and this is the expected behavior.

But getting a system error message... That's strange. Sometimes it refuses to boot up Gateway Mode and leave you at a black or striped screen, but I've never heard about it giving a system error code upon attempting to enter Gateway Mode.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nurio
Many thanks for quick reply!

But getting a system error message... That's strange

I think I figure out the reason of this system error, it happens each time when I go to Setting having working Gateway Mode , so I just run expoit over the same running exploit and... everything is crashed :) I thought it'll be posible to reach Gateway system menu while Gateway Mode is enabled.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also is it true that Gateway will freeze 3DS after some time in sleep mode?
Never heard anything about that and it has never happened to me. And I always keep my 3DS in sleep mode.

Nurio
Many thanks for quick reply!
You're welcome, glad I could help!

I think I figure out the reason of this system error, it happens each time when I go to Setting having working Gateway Mode , so I just run expoit over the same running exploit and... everything is crashed :) I thought it'll be posible to reach Gateway system menu while Gateway Mode is enabled.
I see. Yes, if you enter settings when in Gateway Mode, you haven't actually left Gateway Mode yet. Only when you then close the settings will you be booted out.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Some guy Cameron from Maxconsole said the following:

If you leave your 3ds on in sleep mode or any mode with the gateway card in it EVENTUALLY you will freeze. This happens because the gateway has its own cpu. When a cpu overheats what happens? It freezes, crashes, or dies completely.
Link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv