• Views 4,531,215
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is another problem. i swear these guides need to be a little more noob friendly. expects everyone to know and understand it instantly i guess. let me now what to do here please.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you created a nintendo network id, use tiny format again to format the system. If you see any thing you did as a mistake, go back a few steps and review. DO NOT CREATE A NEW NNID. It tells you that for important reason, you format it for that very reason. :P
oh and my hubby cant get menuhax to reinstall. do you have a link for me to redownload that. i do not have that in my laptop. and the information is gone on my laptop cuz we had to partial reset it other day.

Attachments

• Screenshot (129).png
    Screenshot (129).png
    109.8 KB · Views: 129

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is another problem. i swear these guides need to be a little more noob friendly. expects everyone to know and understand it instantly i guess. let me now what to do here please.
Umm What do you mean?

This part of the guide will use two terms you must be familiar with in order to understand what's going on: SysNAND and RedNAND

oh and my hubby cant get menuhax to reinstall. do you have a link for me to redownload that. i do not have that in my laptop. and the information is gone on my laptop cuz we had to partial reset it other day.
It should be in part one of thr guide you are using, homebrew part1

Also it is clearly as the guide can be for now. Rednand is your cfw, load it with the luma cfw in homebrew loader.

Reactions: Latyana

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

What to do where? Do you mean boot RedNAND as highlighted in your pic? Launch homebrew and select Luma.
To reinstall menuhax, follow part 1 again. Change theme, open homebrew launcher with browserhax, choose menuhax installer and use same options as before.

does anyone have experience buying refurbished systems from nintendo.com? do they upgrade their firmware to the latest one?
Yes they do. But you might be lucky and find one that they refurbished while 10.7 was the latest. If you don't have hardmod skills or another 3ds to do dsiwarehax with I wouldn't risk it.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm What do you mean?

This part of the guide will use two terms you must be familiar with in order to understand what's going on: SysNAND and RedNAND

It should be in part one of thr guide you are using, homebrew part1

Also it is clearly as the guide can be for now. Rednand is your cfw, load it with the luma cfw in homebrew loader.

and if this guide had said that to start with i wouldve had needed to ask. anymew its onto step 4 on this. OTP thing is seeming scary

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is not scary. :P

maxresdefault.jpg
when the word bricking is involved it is. but atm i get to put otp part on hold a bit. i did like yall said used luma to boot rednand. it went to black screen then kicked went back to home screen. i decided to check settings anyways for fun and it was showing EMU on the front of the system number like i said. checked to be sure auto obtain was on the dns and now its not showing the EMU in fron of the number. so now to figure out wtw to do next. ive not made but what i consider tiny mistakes like turning off the system but it was installed so it turned out fine. and now this mess. and btw

the d*** menuhax still aint installing. still shows the error. i would screen shot it but the upper screen needs fixing atm. getting that part soon. for now we wanted to do this to get the understanding and redo later. if need be.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when the word bricking is involved it is. but atm i get to put otp part on hold a bit. i did like yall said used luma to boot rednand. it went to black screen then kicked went back to home screen. i decided to check settings anyways for fun and it was showing EMU on the front of the system number like i said. checked to be sure auto obtain was on the dns and now its not showing the EMU in fron of the number. so now to figure out wtw to do next. ive not made but what i consider tiny mistakes like turning off the system but it was installed so it turned out fine. and now this mess. and btw

the d*** menuhax still aint installing. still shows the error. i would screen shot it but the upper screen needs fixing atm. getting that part soon. for now we wanted to do this to get the understanding and redo later. if need be.
When you exit the settings the system reboots, this means the system leaves the CFW state, which is why you don't see the EMU in settings. If you don't see EMU you are not using cfw. So you have to load LumaCFW and do not enter settings or you have to do it again.

If you cannot install menuhax, change the theme at the home menu to something else then back to default then try installing it.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you exit the settings the system reboots, this means the system leaves the CFW state, which is why you don't see the EMU in settings. If you don't see EMU you are not using cfw. So you have to load LumaCFW and do not enter settings or you have to do it again.

If you cannot install menuhax, change the theme at the home menu to something else then back to default then try installing it.
yeah and it says i gotta go into settings to update the rednand. this is confusing lol

jEEb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What to do where? Do you mean boot RedNAND as highlighted in your pic? Launch homebrew and select Luma.
To reinstall menuhax, follow part 1 again. Change theme, open homebrew launcher with browserhax, choose menuhax installer and use same options as before.

Yes they do. But you might be lucky and find one that they refurbished while 10.7 was the latest. If you don't have hardmod skills or another 3ds to do dsiwarehax with I wouldn't risk it.

damn guess we will return it when it comes, my gf bought it not knowing about the firmware stuff

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
damn guess we will return it when it comes, my gf bought it not knowing about the firmware stuff
If you live in a country that has a hardmodder, you can send it to them to get hardmodded and downgraded. It's good having a hardmodded console anyway since you can be free to experiment with stuff and have no worries, since if anything goes wrong you can just flash a backup back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64