• Views 4,446,800
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 loads fine. So you want me to do something in it?
No i wanted to know if it loads, Is called diagnosis, you check if things are going wrong, to make sure what the problem is can be solved.... According to the Troubleshooter, it says it may be possible to fix some problems if you delete the Config.ini file for luma. Find it and delete it off the sdcard and reboot the system.

also make sure luma is updated to latest version 5.5

I'm being ignored :( Luma3DS black screen still happening. Pleading for him, extremely frustrated.
What problem are you having?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i wanted to know if it loads, Is called diagnosis, you check if things are going wrong, to make sure what the problem is can be solved.... According to the Troubleshooter, it says it may be possible to fix some problems if you delete the Config.ini file for luma. Find it and delete it off the sdcard and reboot the system.

Do you mean config.bin? If not, where's config.ini located?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean config.bin? If not, where's config.ini located?
Yes that the config.bin file delete it and restart the system.

You should have the luma configuration menu again, after you configure the settings, press start wait for boot then reboot and try loading again.

When you see the configuration menu for luma CHECK IF IS ON 5.5

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What problem are you having?

I started getting a black screen on Luma3ds every time I try it. I am following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

These are the last steps I attempted before Luma3DS stopped working (i've tried like 30 or more times and it's always black screen)

1. Reboot into SysNAND, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open OTPHelper, then go to "NAND Backup and Restore", then select the "EmuNAND Backup" option
  3. Backup your RedNAND to emuNAND_formatted.bin
  4. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
  5. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over emuNAND_formatted.bin andemuNAND_formatted.bin.sha to a safe folder on your computer
  6. Delete any existing updates folder from your SD card root that may be left over from a previous downgrade or update
  7. Copy the updates folder from the 2.1.0 firmware zip to the root of your SD card
  8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW
Trying to do step 8, but can no longer get to RedNand. I tried different versions of Luma3DS didn't help.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that the config.bin file delete it and restart the system.

You should have the luma configuration menu again, after you configure the settings, press start wait for boot then reboot and try loading again.

When you see the configuration menu for luma CHECK IF IS ON 5.5
SafeA9LHInstaller still doesn't boot. And it says v5.5 on the config menu.

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started getting a black screen on Luma3ds every time I try it. I am following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

These are the last steps I attempted before Luma3DS stopped working (i've tried like 30 or more times and it's always black screen)

1. Reboot into SysNAND, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open OTPHelper, then go to "NAND Backup and Restore", then select the "EmuNAND Backup" option
  3. Backup your RedNAND to emuNAND_formatted.bin
  4. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
  5. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over emuNAND_formatted.bin andemuNAND_formatted.bin.sha to a safe folder on your computer
  6. Delete any existing updates folder from your SD card root that may be left over from a previous downgrade or update
  7. Copy the updates folder from the 2.1.0 firmware zip to the root of your SD card
  8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW
Trying to do step 8, but can no longer get to RedNand. I tried different versions of Luma3DS didn't help.
"Trying to do step 8" Do you mean reinserting the sd card into the system or "Trying to load lumacfw on emunand trhough homebrew launcher" What are you talking about?

SafeA9LHInstaller still doesn't boot. And it says v5.5 on the config menu.
And you tried every version of Safe installer?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Trying to do step 8" Do you mean reinserting the sd card into the system or "Trying to load lumacfw on emunand trhough homebrew launcher" What are you talking about?

And you tried every version of Safe installer?
Well the new a9lh that can be booted without an sd only works with safea9lhinstall v2. And I've tried every one except 2.0.0. Should I try that?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't turn off at all it's just a black screen I've even waited 30 minutes and it remains a black screen. At first it was giving me the message "returning to home menu, please wait" or something like that, but it refused to load the home menu. Then I tried a different version of Luma3DS and it no longer ever says that it's just a black screen every time. Did I screw up rednand somehow or something? I only started trying to pirate 3ds last night so I'm pretty new at this but I was following the instructions on the gude exactly as they said at least I thought.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have A9LH, but I have a friend whom I have helped install MenuHax/EmuNAND.

I have GBA/GB/SNES VC game cias installed on mine, but are these possible with hers? As I understand, with EmuNAND, you have to install the cia to both EmuNAND and SysNAND with GBA VC games, but is this also necessary with SNES? I ask because GBA VC reboots the system when you back out, whereas SNES VC does not, so I'm wondering if the requirements are the same.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9LH, but I have a friend whom I have helped install MenuHax/EmuNAND.

I have GBA/GB/SNES VC game cias installed on mine, but are these possible with hers? As I understand, with EmuNAND, you have to install the cia to both EmuNAND and SysNAND with GBA VC games, but is this also necessary with SNES? I ask because GBA VC reboots the system when you back out, whereas SNES VC does not, so I'm wondering if the requirements are the same.
That would not make any sense, if your you are using emunand you cannot install cia on Sysnand. So i don't think so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto