• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Noob question here: i need some space on my drive, can i compress the sys/emu nand .bin backups?
I'm using 7zip .7z compression.
I just want to make sure that this will not alter the files.
Found the answer on reddit: yes you can, no it will not alter the files (i ran sha-1 test to make sure)

pheace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading up but it's hard to find a clear answer ithout knowing exactly where to look for the latest information.

I want to see if I can stream Monster Hunter Generations on an N3DS which would require NTR 3.4 (p2) if I'm not mistaken.

If I buy an N3DS today, Is it likely I'll be able to do that? If not, what's the highest firmware version that would allow me to do that?

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On plailect's guide in part 2 for downgrading it says to copy and merge the 3ds folders but their are other things inside the zip folders for plaisysupdater and emunand9. Should I extract everything onto the root and merge the 3ds folders or just the 3ds folders?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On plailect's guide in part 2 for downgrading it says to copy and merge the 3ds folders but their are other things inside the zip folders for plaisysupdater and emunand9. Should I extract everything onto the root and merge the 3ds folders or just the 3ds folders?
Just what it tells you to. Follow the guide as instructed. If you mess up and add to the steps, that's on you.

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an error message in the middle of downgrading and now when I try to get into ninjhax it gets an error and goes back to home menu. I checked the version and it's 9.2 which means its a partial downgrade. I think the version specific qr code I used is the problem since it's not 9.2 but 10.7. How do I return my cubic ninja to original so I can use the qr code for 9.2 so I can finish the downgrade?

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got an error message in the middle of downgrading and now when I try to get into ninjhax it gets an error and goes back to home menu. I checked the version and it's 9.2 which means its a partial downgrade. I think the version specific qr code I used is the problem since it's not 9.2 but 10.7. How do I return my cubic ninja to original so I can use the qr code for 9.2 so I can finish the downgrade?
On the menu where there's -play - create -options, you hold L+R+X+Y until the prompt to delete the save.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to successfully transfer cartridge saves to .3ds Roms?
Sorry I tried asking in the Gateway section but apparently nobody goes there anymore

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So can I use NTR on emunand 11.0 through Either luma3ds or Rxtools?
Yes. If it doesn't work, I think you need a new firmware.bin. Or just do a search because I remember seeing other people not get NTR to work on 11.0 but there was a solution.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Been reading up but it's hard to find a clear answer ithout knowing exactly where to look for the latest information.

I want to see if I can stream Monster Hunter Generations on an N3DS which would require NTR 3.4 (p2) if I'm not mistaken.

If I buy an N3DS today, Is it likely I'll be able to do that? If not, what's the highest firmware version that would allow me to do that?
If you buy it brand new it will be fine. Highest reported firmware on a new console is 10.5. On 10.7 you'd have to buy an exploitable game, and on 11.0 you'd need to hardmod.

Reactions: pheace

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many tries does it take people to downgrade to 9.2 because i've been stuck on "HAX INIT..." for about 20 tries since I had the error and partial downgrade?

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If i use ninjhax and region free loader on my Sky3DS+ to play EUR or J games on my NA N3DS XL, is there a chance to get banned as well without private headers? I'm not even sure how online would work with game and console having different region . . .
I only have NA headers and I don't think they would work with other regions roms . . .

Thx in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If i use ninjhax and region free loader on my Sky3DS+ to play EUR or J games on my NA N3DS XL, is there a chance to get banned as well without private headers? I'm not even sure how online would work with game and console having different region . . .
I only have NA headers and I don't think they would work with other regions roms . . .

Thx in advance.
I don't think you can play online with game and console having different regions, but if I'm wrong there, you'd still need a header, otherwise the advice for people wanting to use Sky3DS would be to get a different region rom and then you wouldn't have to worry about headers.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you can play online with game and console having different regions, but if I'm wrong there, you'd still need a header, otherwise the advice for people wanting to use Sky3DS would be to get a different region rom and then you wouldn't have to worry about headers.
It was just for a few games i wanted that werent released in NA so other region rom is my only option . . . guess ill just stay away from the online for those that have it (if it even works lol)

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
It was just for a few games i wanted that werent released in NA so other region rom is my only option . . . guess ill just stay away from the online for those that have it (if it even works lol)

So say for example I bought a Sky3DS+ ran a US rom and went online with it on a EU console, would that risk in a potential ban? Without using private headers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's right, you'd need to accept the EULA of the other regions, as such you'd probably be unable to play online. Though if you manage accepting the EULA of the other regions, then just having a private header is enough.

On CFW consoles, we just load up Config.cia and use it to accept the EULA of all games. I actually do this to every system that I have installed A9LH to, so that they don't have to worry about any imports that my friends buy.
So say for example I bought a Sky3DS+ ran a US rom and went online with it on a EU console, would that risk in a potential ban? Without using private headers?
Without a private header, you will get a ban. Even if you have a CFW 3DS, that does not stop you from needing a private header.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
She's right, you'd need to accept the EULA of the other regions, as such you'd probably be unable to play online. Though if you manage accepting the EULA of the other regions, then just having a private header is enough.

On CFW consoles, we just load up Config.cia and use it to accept the EULA of all games. I actually do this to every system that I have installed A9LH to, so that they don't have to worry about any imports that my friends buy.

Without a private header, you will get a ban. Even if you have a CFW 3DS, that does not stop you from needing a private header.

I heard if you get banned it's possible to essentially 'un-ban' yourself editing the Secure_InfoA file? Or something oo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway